Server Full but Isnt

(S0und_) #21

Yeah i experienced this before. Maybe someone is just a spectator, and for some reason the game is simply ignoring this player, since there i actually a free spot in one of the teams.

(Szakalot) #22

I dont think its a spectator, as no player is visible in the specs (if you are in game and check the player list). It seems that somehow one slot bugs out, either by a person perpetually connecting, or some ghost connection or sth.

(montheponies) #23

I’d agree with this, certainly feels different to objective where the slots get filled constantly.

(Ashog) #24

Happened tonite again for an Execution server at around 22:00 GMT.

Pic

(Violator) #25

Still an issue (and why am I always put on the 5 team instead of the 6 lol)

(Mustang) #26

The reverse also happens, in-game it says there are several free slots, in browser it says full.

(Ashog) #27

Might be due to ninja spectatorz.

(Violator) #28

All these servers are currently showing as full when attempting to join:

These two 14/16 are also both ‘full’ :frowning:

(Szakalot) #29

This bug is getting out of hand. Multitudes of servers now are bugged out like this, with the most extreme example I’ve seen is a 8v8 obj server with max 9 players in-game.

I wouldn’t be surprised if these ghost players were included in the skill rating - as very often the shuffle was completely bogus, putting 10+ lvl players up against 4-5 lvl players.

(Zenity) #30

[QUOTE=Szakalot;527529]This bug is getting out of hand. Multitudes of servers now are bugged out like this, with the most extreme example I’ve seen is a 8v8 obj server with max 9 players in-game.

I wouldn’t be surprised if these ghost players were included in the skill rating - as very often the shuffle was completely bogus, putting 10+ lvl players up against 4-5 lvl players.[/QUOTE]

Did I miss something? I thought the game still doesn’t take skill into account for the in-between maps shuffle (only for the vote).

(Szakalot) #31

it always did arrange people by skill? its just that during lobby half the server quits andjoins, screwing up the shuffle.

(yakcyll) #32

I think that’s hardly the case, after a few games it was clear, at least to me, that lobbies are randomized.

(Szakalot) #33

i recall some statement from the devs; perhaps they can clarify.

edit: and like i said, games are stacked cause shuffle happens too early into the lobby, with people disconnecting and new people joining, circumventing whatever balance plan SD had

(poiuasd) #34

So I noticed a lot of the EU servers report that they have like 13/14 players and when you join it there’s only like 5 people in, essentially not allowing for bigger games than 3v3. You’ll see people’s names on the server browser that haven’t been online for hours and for some reason their accounts are still stuck on those player slots.
I figure something went wrong last night when more EU servers were added.

(Szakalot) #35

this bug has been forever, but it seems to have gotten worse since the latest player wave.

(poiuasd) #36

It hasn’t been this bad until this morning where there are multiple servers that literally have slots only for 6 actual players, the rest are ghosts hogging up the slots.

(Szakalot) #37

there are waves of good and bad. Perhaps someone found a soft-fix for the issue with some type of server refresh, for the problem only to accumulate over time again.

I think 2 nights back I joined a 8v8 server that was 15/16 only to find 8 other players inside.

(Violator) #38

This is the number one annoying bug atm

Couple of topics already on this or related to it:

http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/43591-Odd-player-number-servers
http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/43263-Server-Full-but-Isnt

(Ashog) #39

[QUOTE=Violator;527788]This is the number one annoying bug atm

Couple of topics already on this or related to it:

http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/43591-Odd-player-number-servers
http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/43263-Server-Full-but-Isnt[/QUOTE]

hahaha, you looper!
The second link is this thread :slight_smile: