Server Clearance - Script Release

(jemstar) #81

Thanks man, no rush!! As I say not a major issue for us lol but thanks for checking it over!! All the others work great…we love advance voting!!!

(Dragonji) #82

Do you plan to release more mapscripts phisherman? Your Italy FP2 version is a masterpiece!

(phisherman) #83

Hi thanks, I’m happy to hear someone actually uses these :slight_smile:

As of right now, I don’t have any other projects planned, but an evening of ET on a buggy map might change that.

//Aaah and sorry for the delay, I don’t check the forums regularly anymore. I do get PM notifications via email though, so if somebody needs me, that’s the way to go.

(Mateos) #84

You may subscribe to this topic so receive mail notifications :slight_smile:

It’s sad to have good buggy maps around in a way, but if they can get fixed by script (or if with some luck the author is reachable and still have the source hanging somewhere), it’s good good ^^

(mortis) #85

ETpro mapscripts make a lot of fixes possible, but not everything. I spent many evenings trying to figure out why certain scripts/maps didn’t work properly,and what could be done to fix them. This ability has extended the lifespan of ET considerably. I wish I had more time to play, but my parental and work duties don’t allow me as much free time as I used to have… <sigh>

–Mortis

(hellreturn) #86

[QUOTE=mortis;521716]ETpro mapscripts make a lot of fixes possible, but not everything. I spent many evenings trying to figure out why certain scripts/maps didn’t work properly,and what could be done to fix them. This ability has extended the lifespan of ET considerably. I wish I had more time to play, but my parental and work duties don’t allow me as much free time as I used to have… <sigh>

–Mortis[/QUOTE]

We still use your mapscripts on our server. Your scripts have been helpful a lot on our server at least! Thank you for that!

(mortis) #87

You’re welcome. I have loved few games in my life as much as Wolf:ET. :slight_smile:

(phisherman) #88

And another one, by request:

Episode VIII - Showmaps Client Command LUA

[b]* * * * *

UPDATE: VERSION 3 - 30 NOV 2015[/b]

Changelog #2 -> #3:

• The script now supports campaign mode.
    NOTE: Name your .campaign files exactly the way you named them in your campaigncycle.cfg, or the script won’t find them!
  • The script now supports the concatenation of multiple mapcycle configs (in objective mode):
    For example, you can now have three config files mapcycle1.cfg, mapcycle2.cfg & mapcycle3.cfg
    In the last line of mapcycle1.cfg, you can now put the following and the script will get along with it:
    set d3 “set g_gametype 2 ; map clownbase ; set nextmap exec mapcycle2.cfg”
  • The output has changed: Mapname indexes < 10 are now properly aligned (see screenshot)
  • Several minor improvements

[b]* * * * *

UPDATE: VERSION 2 - 16 NOV 2015[/b]

Changelog #1 -> #2:

• You no longer need to point the script to your mapcycle config file, it will
    now find out the mapnames automatically by recursively following the “nextmap”-cvar
  • The output mapnames have changed, they are now sent through a “fancify”-function
    beforehand to make them better-looking: For example, “_random-mapname_release—candidate1
    is now turned into “Random Mapname Release Candidate1”
  • The numbering of the output mapnames has changed, the current map now always starts at index 1
  • Faster code: The mapnames are now only calculated once per match and no longer upon every usage of !showmaps

I strongly recommend using v2 for the above reasons. I’ll leave the v1 zip-file attached for documentation purposes.

Features:

• This script adds the “!showmaps” client command that lists all maps in the current mapcycle config file.
    The current map is printed first, the others in subsequent order.
  • No configuration is necessary, script will find out your map cycle automatically.
    Should there be an “ERROR”-message when doing !showmaps, make sure the syntax of your mapcycle.cfg looks
    like that of the default objectivecycle.cfg
  • NOTE: The script loads your mapcycle only once per match, any change to the mapcycle config afterwards
    will remain unrecognized until the next map.
  • In order for clients to know about this command,
    you might want to add it to your shrubbot config file with something like this:
[command]
command = showmaps
exec =
desc = lists all maps in the current map cycle config
levels = 0 1 2 3 4 5

The script was developed on NQ 1.2.9 with only the official ETpro LUA API, so there should be no incompatibilities.

NOTE: Since the forum administrator still hasn’t awaken from their 10-year coma, the files have been uploaded as .mp3 to bypass the max file size restriction of 16KB imposed on zip files. Rename to .zip and extract.

(Mateos) #89

Thank you!

(phisherman) #90

And another one, by request:

Episode IX - Team Balance LUA

This script keeps an eye on the teams and notifies/moves players when the teams are unfair. The script is compatible to OmniBot, meaning it will ignore all bots and regard human players only.

Features:

maxPlayerDiff = 2	-- Teams will be balanced if one team has # more players than the other
			-- NOTE: Values less than 2 will be ignored

autoBalanceInterval = 20	-- Teams will be checked for imbalance every # seconds
				-- Larger intervals are less resource-intense

enableClientCommand = true	-- enable !teams client command to trigger team balance
				-- you need to add this command to your shrubbot cfg for it to show up when doing !help

voluntaryChangeTime = 10	-- whenever the script detects imbalanced teams, it prints a message and waits # of
				-- seconds for someone to switch teams voluntarily before it moves a player
				-- Set to 0 to immediately move players
				-- If _autoBalanceInterval runs out while waiting for a voluntary team change,
				-- nothing happens

Script was written for NQ 1.2.9, I don’t know about compatibility to other mods and older versions.

(vargatom) #91

Hi,
Unfortunately, it often happens that not only moves the human player, but also a BOT, so in the case of a human player there will be one in the teams, but in one there will be two more bots.

(Meister Gandalf) #92

Has anybody safed the scripts from this thread.
in special im looking for

[post=508963]Episode VII - No Pro LUA[/post]
[post=541023]Episode VIII - Showmaps Client Command LUA[/post]

i was unable to find the scripts on other sites.

(jemstar) #93

I had them all but a few windows reinstalls later idk if I still do. Not on my pc but will check on my website when i get a chance.

(Meister Gandalf) #94

Yeah would be cool if you find something.
Couldnˋt find anything about These scripts elsewhere.

Maybe the scripts are shitty and thats the reason why Nobody saved them :slight_smile:

(jemstar) #95

From what i remember they were pretty awesome!

(jemstar) #96

Ok found this one I think it is one of his but there is no readme.txt in this one.

http://bloodsquadclan.com/nq/z_advancedvoting_nq.pk3

Unfortunately it seems the backups on my pc have well and truly gone. A shame but had some major issues awhile ago so had to re-install with out a back up.

(Meister Gandalf) #97

That is sad to hear.
But maybe due to the recent activity in this thread there might be others who find something.

(ronboy) #98

That’s a good way to look at it. There’s always a chance that someone will have what you’re looking for. :slightly_smiling_face: