Release - SP Capuzzo - 3 maps

(Dave1988) #61

Ok, thanks. And I saw a video about making maps on your websites. They have different version of RTCW - better, more realistic. Do you know something about it? And why they released only RTCW which we know.

(vicpas) #62

Hello. SSF{Sage}.

Do you have news about Capuzzo SP project?

(-SSF-Sage) #63

well… The fourth maps is ready, just few bugs and map info stuff, notebook etc. And pk3 stuff. It is fully playable tho. Just have very little time. I dont know if i will pack up a test release for it. Maybe for few most active mappers, dunno yet. Fifth map requires a lot of things to do. I have plans for maybe more maps but have not decided on it. Thanks for interrest.

(vicpas) #64

Any news about the progress?

(-SSF-Sage) #65

Oh yeah. Again real life has taken way too much time. The fourth map is only missing notebook and such pk3 side stuff. But the map currently has a shader overflow bug, which needs to be taken care of. I’ve managed to minimise it, but not completely removed. It has also taken away some motivation atm. Anyways, I won’t be able to work on it for a month, as I’m heading to Lapland this week.

(ronboy) #66

Shader overflow bug? Why not use Q3map instead of Q3map2? :slight_smile:

(-SSF-Sage) #67

I won’t do that. A lot of things I use requires q3map2. Besides I don’t go over much. Just need to get rid of some stuff, just have to figure out what more I sacrifice.

(ronboy) #68

Oh, ok. I tend to go over a lot, so Q3map has been better for me than Q3map2.

(vicpas) #69

I agree with RonBoy.
Q3map works with areaportal and avoid shader overflow better than Q3map2.

(JCPrice) #70

Hi Guys;
I just found this map pack and am really looking forward to getting into this map. I like the pics posted as like others I like the idea of playing different terrain. Sage I sure hope you keep mapping as to me your maps look GREAT!!!

(-SSF-Sage) #71

Thank you! :slight_smile: I hope to see it finished too.

(Pegazus) #72

Capuzzo Airport will be soon three years old. How about we plan a little MP game for celebration?

(William Faure) #73

[QUOTE=-SSF-Sage;519261]I am currently working on releasing a Final version of this project for W-ET. Who knows if I one day I will revert this project from RTCW Coop to RTCW SP. It has 6 maps where 5 is ready and last is 95% ready (missing some Coop components). It would not actually even take a lot of time to do it if there ever was time. The Coop version of this project has been on halt for almost a year now. The Coop has lost most players due to releasing unstable mod version. The players never came back after new release. :frowning:

For anyone curious. Here is some bad quality pics of the 3 maps from Tobruk that merge Capuzzo into Afrikan campaign.
http://www.rtcwcoop.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=147

I have problems staying motivated for long enough to finish one project. It seems I tend to change between the projects in few months periods.[/QUOTE]

Keep-it up mate!

(vicpas) #74

Capuzzo for Enemy Territory is finished: http://wolffiles.de/index.php?filebase&fid=4806
I hope -SSF- Sage and Pegazus remember Single Player mode for RTCW too.

(vicpas) #75

Hello, Mate.
Are you needing help to finish this project?

(-SSF-Sage) #76

[QUOTE=vicpas;540128]Hello, Mate.
Are you needing help to finish this project?[/QUOTE]

Hey mate!

Thanks for your interrest (again :smiley: ). The project is evolved into a 6 map campaign in RTCW Coop and has been renamed to Afrika. And it is actually in play. I will think about porting it back to RTCW if I get time. Basicly it should not be a huge job. Just wonder if there is anyone left to play it? Seems like very quiet out here. :frowning:

(ronboy) #77

[QUOTE=-SSF-Sage;540161]
The project is evolved into a 6 map campaign in RTCW Coop and has been renamed to Afrika. And it is actually in play. I will think about porting it back to RTCW if I get time. Basicly it should not be a huge job. Just wonder if there is anyone left to play it? Seems like very quiet out here. :([/QUOTE]

I understand what you mean about it being rather quiet here. Unfortunately, the same is true on other Rtcw websites. I’ve noticed this big drop in activity since about July of 2014 (last year). Maybe those blasted new games called The New Order and The Old Blood are killing this community?

Keep in mind that these are just my observations. I may be right or wrong, who knows?

Anyway, if you decide to port your work from Rtcw Coop to Rtcw SP, then that’s great. :slight_smile:

(ronboy) #78

General Red has recorded a playthrough for Capuzzo! You can watch it on my website here: http://tinyurl.com/j5rxjt2

(-SSF-Sage) #79

Great to hear! Thank you mate for pointing it out! :slight_smile:

(vicpas) #80

We are waiting for single player Tobruk maps.