Release - SP Capuzzo - 3 maps

(-SSF-Sage) #21

:slight_smile:

Maybe it’s good that a new map comes once in a year or two, so people have already forgotten how to play these maps. Then it can be presented almost like new everytime. :smiley:

(ronboy) #22

My playthrough of Capuzzo Level 1
The other 2 levels will be uploaded on separate videos. :slight_smile:

(vicpas) #23

Have a chance this project continues?

(-SSF-Sage) #24

Yes there is a chance it continues. But there are many other things that goes before this atm. So I don’t see it in the near future. :frowning: But I am delighted for your interrest! :slight_smile:

(ronboy) #25

I’m happy that you haven’t abandoned this project. :smiley:

(vicpas) #26

I and many RTCW’s fans are expecting to see this project completed.

(-SSF-Sage) #27

I am currently working on releasing a Final version of this project for W-ET. Who knows if I one day I will revert this project from RTCW Coop to RTCW SP. It has 6 maps where 5 is ready and last is 95% ready (missing some Coop components). It would not actually even take a lot of time to do it if there ever was time. The Coop version of this project has been on halt for almost a year now. The Coop has lost most players due to releasing unstable mod version. The players never came back after new release. :frowning:

For anyone curious. Here is some bad quality pics of the 3 maps from Tobruk that merge Capuzzo into Afrikan campaign.
http://www.rtcwcoop.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=147

I have problems staying motivated for long enough to finish one project. It seems I tend to change between the projects in few months periods.

(ronboy) #28

Hey Sage. I’m in the process of testing these maps. I’ll post my thoughts in another post.

(vicpas) #29

Nice work, but you need to make some corrections:
1 - Shot0001 - Top of this box, the texture needs to fit.
2 - Shot0002 - This door is opening at odds with its texture.
3 - Shot0003 - This board is being showed with sentence “rgbGen identity” on shader file.
4 - Shot0004 - This board is being showed with sentence “rgbGen vertex” on shader file.

(ronboy) #30

Hey Sage. I’m ready to post my thoughts on Capuzzo.

[ul]
[li]Nice job with the cutscene on the third map.
[/li][li]For some reason, I get fps drops on the map “City”.
[/li][/ul]

You did a good job, and I hope to see more. :stroggtapir:

(vicpas) #31

When i load any saved game on first level(city) i see this message on the screen.

(-SSF-Sage) #32

Thanks guys! Thanks for the feedback so far! :slight_smile:

Vicpas: am aware of most of these small things. Box is new to me. :slight_smile: Noticed them after my final compile, but did not bother waiting for almost 2 hours to fix those. I write them down for the next version.

Ronboy, on what part in city you get drops?

I need more! :stuck_out_tongue: Btw I’m continuing currently to work on the first tobruk part. I also found out some old S&M’s African ET maps from my HD, I also consider on working on them aswell for the SP. We loved Africa. :wink: And then I might be starting with the new map idea with Pegazus soon.

PS. Could someone mirror the download please?

(ronboy) #33

Sage, I got fps drops all over the map, basically. Maybe it’s just my computer’s fault? :confused:

(vicpas) #34

Other links to download:
1 - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FMG94QX3
2 - http://tzs.wuun.net/SP_Capuzzo_1-3.zip

(-SSF-Sage) #35

Thanks Vicpas!

Hmm Ronboy, did you get FPS drops on the previous version? Is it only in City? IIRC Airport should use the most resources. Does it even happen before you get to push the button to open the gate? How big drops are we talking about? How bad compared to other maps?

(vicpas) #36

Video about this last work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0v4UEy5oYU

(-SSF-Sage) #37

Amazing! Thanks Vicpas! Nice video! :smiley:

(ronboy) #38

Sage, we’re talking bad fps drops. Even at the start of the level, fps drops to as low as the single digits.
I believe it’s my computer’s fault, and not the map.

(KeMoN) #39

I tested the map and I have a constant amount of perfect 90 FPS and I have nearly all graphics settings improved. Could you give us a number of what you consider as bad amount of fps?

(KeMoN) #40

I tested the campaign and I have a perfect amount of constant 90 FPS. Could you give us a number of what you consider as bad fps amount?

I really want to congratulate you to the section with the ambush. The terrain is really nicely done and also the whole ambush is pretty astonishing. The most awesome part was when I noticed the small room in the trenches. That is really great work. I have to admit I was searching like 10 seconds the pliers in my inventory to repair the truck :smiley: until I recognized the tool box in the shelter. Really nice idea the whole section and really nicely done!
Great job. Keep them coming like this one :slight_smile: