Recon new gadget : Charleen

(INF3RN0) #21

If it had a gun on it, I’d hope you would have to manually aim it and shoot it.

(RasteRayzeR) #22

Yes, so it’s actually not cheated and requires true skills

(Kl3ppy) #23

Oh and put “lasers” on it. :smiley:

What is more dangerous than a shark? A shark with a laser on his head!

And now a bit serious, I like the Idea, especially the one of the drone flying with your smartphone, in DB it could be the pda, and you can switch between an inteligence drone and an attack drone, but you have to aim. Aimbots like the turrets are not needed, would make them overpowered.

(Hyperg) #24

It might work, although there are things to be addressed:

• The gun range/spread vs the drone’s health (in other words, how much useful would the drone be - consistently, to make it worth equipping, before it’s shot down by ppl);

• How does it handle, how big it is, given DB maps are not exactly “vertical”. The BF3 recon drone works because you can get up to 3rd or 4th floor around buildings (even on the inside) so you get a bit of space to move it around (i’m mentioning the Battlefield drone to keep the design within “real” tech space, the ETQW drone is a levitating sci-fi thingy which would be hard to put inside DB world).

Even if it doesn’t carry a gun, it’s still fun to smack ppl in the head with a quadrirotor.

(Ashog) #25

Think we had this in Brink already… Can’t remember if it had a gun or not, I only remember it wasn’t fun :smiley:

(RasteRayzeR) #26

Sorry, I didn’t played Brink enough to actually know that xD

(Nail) #27

Brink one

(DB Genome editor) #28

The big limitation of the Brink UAV was that it couldn’t really fly, it just hovered at more or less the same altitude all the time. The net effect was that it was less mobile than light characters :rolleyes:

(RasteRayzeR) #29

Anyway, lets just forget about Brink. What I propose here is to get an agile quadcopter we can control via a tablet. It should be intuitive and fun, and if you switch back to your weapons, the quad keeps its current location until his battery is depleted. While there is still battery, you may switch back to it.

It should have an explosive charge for suicide and maybe a tool integrated (could be a gun or something else)

(Ashog) #30

If we agreed on getting a Charleen here, why not agreeing on also placing an Anansi into the game? Imagine it inside of Waterloo station :slight_smile:

(RasteRayzeR) #31

Because the anansi have all been taken down by the stroggs … no more left xD

(Bangtastic) #32

rayzer pls, no drones. Otherwise it will be even more like CoD ( where is the dog ?!^^)

(RasteRayzeR) #33

The goal is to make is a wtf ability, with possible main objectives being completed using it. This would give more purpose to the Recon.

But globally the recon needs a close range gun and clear side objectives

(tokamak) #34

The last COD content is absolutely amazing when it comes to inventive warfare toys. SD really could take a page from their book.

I would be totally fine with one character actually BEING a quadcopter. Yes the idea is bonkers but it is workable.

(RasteRayzeR) #35

That would be WTF ! And DB needs more WTF imo

(tokamak) #36

It would also be the kind of ‘huge media exposure’ type of WTF.

(Ashog) #37

pls let me be a Magog pilot to transport away them cells on Camden, instead of the copter.

I will promise to deliver the payload to the right address in 75% of the cases.

(Pytox) #38

why not an rc car instead of a drone? it is more sneaky :tongue:

(Rex) #39

Cause it was used in CoD. :smiley:

(Mustang) #40

Homing pigeons that poop on designated targets.