Ranked Season 2 Update Notes

(LadyNecroPed) #21

To those who are saying snipers shouldn’t be in ranked: LEARN TO COUNTERSNIPE. The best way to deal with a sniper is to snipe him first. If you can’t, then you’re generally just being outplayed. Sparks isn’t hard to deal with either. If she’s sniping you, you countersnipe her, you have a scope to make it easier for you. And again, if you’re still losing, you’re being outplayed not outmerc’d.

Thunder however I think just needs his flash time reduced considerably.

(ZGToRRent) #22

It’s called ‘the hype’. When You spend half of your time playing ranked and they took mode away for 5-6 months, you expected crazy features and details and when they launched new season, you see how players are abusing everything just to reach higher rank. If ranked is ****ed up, then I have nothing more to play it.(pub is meh, I retired from competitive play 2 years ago so not trying pugs and scrims, only casting is the only thing i can do and somehow have fun)

(DarkangelUK) #23

[QUOTE=LadyNecroPed;562588]To those who are saying snipers shouldn’t be in ranked: LEARN TO COUNTERSNIPE. The best way to deal with a sniper is to snipe him first. If you can’t, then you’re generally just being outplayed. Sparks isn’t hard to deal with either. If she’s sniping you, you countersnipe her, you have a scope to make it easier for you. And again, if you’re still losing, you’re being outplayed not outmerc’d.

Thunder however I think just needs his flash time reduced considerably.[/QUOTE]

I think the problem for most people is bad snipers rather than good ones, a ****ty sniper hiding at the back of the map not hitting anything is effectively putting you a man down. I’m not saying you don’t get good snipers, it’s just the vast majority are usually bad

(Mustang) #24

I had a fantastic example of this the other day.

We were attacking on Chapel, they were doing a pretty good job of holding us at the first corner, and everytime we started to break the defence we’d get sniped to pieces.

I switched to a sniper to countersniper, killed the sniper, broke the defence, etc.

Actually I countered him so hard that he didn’t get another kill all game, and barely any shots on target either, not sure why he didn’t switch it up, but then he came out with something like, “I’m just learning how to sniper, please stop killing me so much”, at which I had to chuckle because he was absolutely ripping us up just a few minutes ago.

So yea, we went from being absolutely dominated to completely smashing them into the ground just with one small change.

(shibbyuk) #25

Personally, I’m actually finding season 2 much better than my previous experiences of ranked. A lot of this may be down the number of players around.

The good:

• I’ve had short queue times (2-3mins)
  • Balance not too bad. Ranks seems to match.
  • I like the stats, game history etc
  • I like the cases
  • I’ve been very lucky, not seen any hackers yet

The bad:

• Quitters. ~60% of games so far
  • Disconnects from lobby. Once, the game failed to start 6 times in a row
  • Double XP display bug
  • Ammo drop bug

The Ugly:

• Just the attitude of some players!

(Mustang) #26

Mine is almost the opposite. :tongue:

Good: Minimial hackers, quitters and failed games.
Bad: Very long queue times, unbalanced games, RNG cases.

(jabberwolky) #27

i have played over 75 games and still not got a ranked case to drop … if its 2% drop rate then at least 1 case should drop for ever 50 games played right />
??

(light_sh4v0r) #28

not at least 1. 1 on average.

(alphabeta) #29

I’m sorry I was told there would be no math questions (Chevy Chase as Gerald R. Ford on SNL).

(ostmustis) #30

just learn to counter flash

(ostmustis) #31

[QUOTE=LadyNecroPed;562588]To those who are saying snipers shouldn’t be in ranked: LEARN TO COUNTERSNIPE. The best way to deal with a sniper is to snipe him first. If you can’t, then you’re generally just being outplayed. Sparks isn’t hard to deal with either. If she’s sniping you, you countersnipe her, you have a scope to make it easier for you. And again, if you’re still losing, you’re being outplayed not outmerc’d.

Thunder however I think just needs his flash time reduced considerably.[/QUOTE]

just flash their team better than they flash yours, if you are losing you are just getting outplayed

(shibbyuk) #32

I would like to see team cool-downs in ranked games. I had a game on underground where I spent half the game blind due to the multiple thunders.

(Mustang) #33

Not for me thanks, this would essentially mean only one person per merc could use their abilities, which would be incredibly frustrating for the player that never gets to use their abilities. It would also break any sense of ability timing strategy and teamwork because you’d be racing to beat your own team by being first to fire off your abilities, rather than working as a team. Also if you’re not able to use a merc’s abilities there is virtually no point in selecting them in the first place, at which point you’d be better off just implementing drafting.

tl;dr Treat the cause not the symptoms by balancing the problem mercs.

(shibbyuk) #34

I take your point, but I think it worked pretty well in ETQW even with larger teams - I suppose you could switch to any class, though.

(alphabeta) #35

“Not for me thanks, this would essentially mean only one person per merc could use their abilities”

Which begs the previous threads about only one type of merc per team. See my thread on the 4 Thunder team.

(Mustang) #36

I did say you’d be better off implementing drafting.