Quakecon 2011 news

(knippon) #21

good luck everyone!!! :penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin:

(tangoliber) #22

Are the QuakeCon being played with all abilities? Would be interesting to see adrenaline.

What about UAV? I can tell that thing is going to be immediately banned in competition. If you place it in the room with the pillar in Resort, it pretty much keeps everybody in the entire room on the radar.
Iā€™m guessing you can hide it somewhere in the first objective of Terminal and get the other team on the radar for the entire round.

(lamps) #23

QuakeCon 2011 - John Carmack Keynote (1h26m) [YouTube]

(Thomas..) #24

[QUOTE=CoFran;365891]stillā€¦ itā€™s happening

http://tournaments.quakecon.org/?page=stem_schedule&stageid=4248[/QUOTE]
My god, CoFran : D havenā€™t seen you in likeā€¦ 3-4 years? them old GR times ^^

(knippon) #25

[QUOTE=tangoliber;366154]Are the QuakeCon being played with all abilities? Would be interesting to see adrenaline.

What about UAV? I can tell that thing is going to be immediately banned in competition. If you place it in the room with the pillar in Resort, it pretty much keeps everybody in the entire room on the radar.
Iā€™m guessing you can hide it somewhere in the first objective of Terminal and get the other team on the radar for the entire round.[/QUOTE]

They played under ESL rules.

(Tandem) #26

They bumped up the prizes last minute.

(Cinna) #27

l4s won $3750 and 5 GTX 480s.
We, blight, won $1250 and we also got 5 GTX 480s.
They told us the prize pool as we were sitting down and launching brink mainstage :stuck_out_tongue:

(blazen) #28

Donā€™t forget the legit trophies :wink:

GGs to all the other teams that played, especially l4s, F8 (3rd), Executives(4th), and Geezer =) .

(Rowdy) #29

[QUOTE=Cinna;366924]l4s won $3750 and 5 GTX 480s.
We, blight, won $1250 and we also got 5 GTX 480s.
They told us the prize pool as we were sitting down and launching brink mainstage :p[/QUOTE]

Wow, that sounds like it was almost worth going toā€¦

almostā€¦

(Cynix) #30

3rd place got 480s as well, although we didnā€™t find that out until after we played.

(Badmojo) #31

Thanks guys for the ggā€™s. Scrimming was fun in the comp area.

(r3fleX) #32

heh great promotion there, telling the players the prizeā€™s after they have playedā€¦ i guess its a nice surprise though tbf :).

Ah well we had a good laugh watching the stream of quakecon at 3am on TS :eek:

(Topolakero) #33

This website is really good. While Using this website we feel great. it is one of the simple and useful website.