promod proposal

(Apples) #21

Dont blame rex, he gets angry when he doesnt have his daily dose of my nades in his face :stuck_out_tongue:

(Tandem) #22

At this point?,
That’s not practical thinking.

(Hyraltia) #23

I’m sorry to say it, but I find competitive people to be rather laughable when they want to adjust the game to meet their play style, aren’t “pros” supposed to adjust to the game, not adjust it to them?

Also, last I watched, comp matches are a huge joke of carb 9 spray/light weight and soldier nades with no REAL tactical thought processes besides some buff stacking since they removed EVERY SINGLE LITTLE THING THAT CAN BEAT THEM (aka ban adrenaline, comms hack, etc etc.) Banning abilities is a joke, learn to counter them, they all have their counters, comms hack is slow as all hell and if you let an operative get it off, it’s your own horrible fault, and adrenalined players can be knocked down and all other kinds of denial, there is no reason real pros should ban things that have obvious and easy counters to them, it’s just pub kids trying to pretend right now, or at least that is all it looks like with these kinds of threads and the matches I’ve seen to date.

And removing spread/recoil? Lol are you serious? biggest joke ever, pros are able to handle recoil and spread, making a gun that fires in a straight line with no inhibitions, any newb can pick the game up and rape faces with that.

Pros adapt to the game, not adapt it to themselves. Learn to be pro, eh?

(INF3RN0) #24

[QUOTE=Hyraltia;348830]I’m sorry to say it, but I find competitive people to be rather laughable when they want to adjust the game to meet their play style, aren’t “pros” supposed to adjust to the game, not adjust it to them?

Also, last I watched, comp matches are a huge joke of carb 9 spray/light weight and soldier nades with no REAL tactical thought processes besides some buff stacking since they removed EVERY SINGLE LITTLE THING THAT CAN BEAT THEM (aka ban adrenaline, comms hack, etc etc.) Banning abilities is a joke, learn to counter them, they all have their counters, comms hack is slow as all hell and if you let an operative get it off, it’s your own horrible fault, and adrenalined players can be knocked down and all other kinds of denial, there is no reason real pros should ban things that have obvious and easy counters to them, it’s just pub kids trying to pretend right now, or at least that is all it looks like with these kinds of threads and the matches I’ve seen to date.

And removing spread/recoil? Lol are you serious? biggest joke ever, pros are able to handle recoil and spread, making a gun that fires in a straight line with no inhibitions, any newb can pick the game up and rape faces with that.

Pros adapt to the game, not adapt it to themselves. Learn to be pro, eh?[/QUOTE]

So everything is being directed towards making things easier for the “pros” huh? Man your delusional buddy… you say learn to play the game, but you miss the point that the guys on cast HAVE learned to play the game. They HAVE used adrenaline and they HAVE used coms hacks, and they felt like it was STUPID as hell. Invincibility is soooo much fun, why not add in an insta-gib ability while they’re at it because that sounds like something that belongs in a competitive mp game… before the rule sets these “pros” would stack adrenaline rushes and make this game look like a joke. You could play the game at full vanilla settings and your still going to get sh!t stomped by them. The point of these changes is to make the game more fair and balanced for EVERYONE. And OMG any noob can rape face with ET style spread!!! Are you serious bro LOL! It’s freaking pure aim tracking, and noobs BL0W at it (it’s already been proven). You obviously are the most clueless person in PC gaming that’s for sure…

(Hyraltia) #25

Are you aware of the MULTIPLE (flash, normal nade, nade launcher, cocktails, melee, etc, and with the new weapon pack coming soon, even more) counters available to adrenaline? because you can literally make it so adrenaline is a negative for the other team when they use it, and comms hack is literally the most obvious and slow thing being done, unless a team is supporting the operative, they should never get it off, and if he is being supported, props to the team for having the coordination and team work to do it and fend off the other team in the process. You seriously have no clue what you’re saying if you think that adrenaline and comms hack is stupid, both have seriously easy counters (you can knocklock an adrenalined person extremely easily, especially with the amount of soldiers/light weights comp teams run). If the other team prevents you from knock-locking the adrenalined person, again, props to them for doing well as a team and stopping your team work.

Edit: I thought of yet another counter, this one is a real hard one to think of, PRIORITIZE MEDICS!, what a kicker eh? Shouldn’t any organized skilled team be able to do something so simple? The answer is obviously yes, look at TF2 comp, etc, they prioritize healers because they know what’s up.

And the way he made the spread sound, and i’ll quote, REMOVE SPREAD AND RECOIL, find one game where removing recoil and spread wouldn’t break any amount of skill needed to aim/compensation for both the spread and recoil.

I point you to Call of Duty 4 "“pro"mod” which removed sniper sway from the m40A1, effectively making it a single shot kill with absolutely no downsides, know what happened? EVERYONE used a m40A1, see my point? Removing mechanics that were put there in the first place removes any amount of compensation/skill needed, you didn’t have to adjust for sway, hold your breath in order to make a tight shot where only someones head was visible it was just point and click=win, that is not what a competitive game should be.

(DonkeyDong) #26

Just want to say Hyritilaiablahblah

stop now. you’re arguments weight nothing. inferno is right.

(Hyraltia) #27

So legitimate team based counters to a legitimate team strategy isn’t the workings of competitive skilled players, lol, maybe this is why comp in Brink is dying/dead, cause people with stupid ideas ban perfectly team based strategies that take SKILL to use and SKILL to counter.

Idiots will be idiots i 'spose.

HEY I HAVE AN IDEA, LETS REMOVE GUNS TOO, EVERYONE RUNS AROUND MELEEING CAUSE GUNS ARE TOO MUCH OF A TEAM BASED THING, AMIRIGHT.
Play some other "“pro"mods” and seriously see how much they kill any remote idea of skill in games, blah blah other games by the dev, say what you will, time and time again I’ve seen other games competitive scenes die because stupid ideas like these, it won’t save it, know what will, getting players that know how to adapt/conform to the game, not throw out ridiculous ideas because they are too lazy to take the time to learn the game and its workings. (Adrenaline and the like were banned within the first week of comp, real lot of time they gave it to learn it, all i see is whiny babies too lazy to adapt.)

(Tandem) #28

Waaaay off. Your pub-face is showing.

(Hyraltia) #29

Have you played anything but games by this one dev? I.E, Call of Duty’s, Battlefields, TF2, other games with competitive scenes where players all deal with recoil and spread and it severely separates the bads from the goods. My guess is you haven’t nor have you played a game like Rainbow Six Vegas 2, ever seen the spread and recoil in that game? Absurdly high, know who knew how to handle it, the pros, newbs would get stomped out quickly and easily without the better player even taking a hit of damage. You’re basing your ideas off what you’ve seen in one maybe two games and playing against ONLY people using one common strategy/loadout, seriously, go pick up a copy of RBSV2 and see how you fare, I’m guessing horrendously (well i know horrendously but i’ll pretend to be courteous).

You seem to ignore all the points i put forth as well with absolutely no arguments, at least try and make some semblance of an argument not just “rofl rofl newb you know nothing, get out” we call these people elitist idiots who actually know nothing and aren’t willing to learn/accept thoughts outside their own little circle.

(DonkeyDong) #30

[QUOTE=Hyraltia;349150]
HEY I HAVE AN IDEA, LETS REMOVE GUNS TOO, EVERYONE RUNS AROUND MELEEING CAUSE GUNS ARE TOO MUCH OF A TEAM BASED THING, AMIRIGHT.[/QUOTE]

uhm,… you just named the method that counterstrike players do round tosses… knife fights… man… you are soooo clueless

(Hyraltia) #31

Clearly you didn’t get the joke, now did you?

(BMXer) #32

Donkey hit the nail on the head when he used the word “clueless” to describe this Hyraltia guy. The cliche pubber arguments are priceless sometimes.

(INF3RN0) #33

[QUOTE=Hyraltia;349195]Have you played anything but games by this one dev? I.E, Call of Duty’s, Battlefields, TF2, other games with competitive scenes where players all deal with recoil and spread and it severely separates the bads from the goods. My guess is you haven’t nor have you played a game like Rainbow Six Vegas 2, ever seen the spread and recoil in that game? Absurdly high, know who knew how to handle it, the pros, newbs would get stomped out quickly and easily without the better player even taking a hit of damage. You’re basing your ideas off what you’ve seen in one maybe two games and playing against ONLY people using one common strategy/loadout, seriously, go pick up a copy of RBSV2 and see how you fare, I’m guessing horrendously (well i know horrendously but i’ll pretend to be courteous).

You seem to ignore all the points i put forth as well with absolutely no arguments, at least try and make some semblance of an argument not just “rofl rofl newb you know nothing, get out” we call these people elitist idiots who actually know nothing and aren’t willing to learn/accept thoughts outside their own little circle.[/QUOTE]

You obviously never even touched an ET style game before have you… try it first before you start blowing stuff out your a$$. It ain’t CoD in the least or any other game you’ve played. Some guns do have recoil and reward damage, but aim is never distracted by stuff like random spread or other things that some might consider “more skillful”. In any game bad ideas are bad ideas, and no one wants some crappy invincibility mechanic. You say it’s so easy to counter, but you have no experience testing it in a high skill competitive environment. People played with it for quite a while before making any remarks and afterwords it was agreed as a whole that it was utter crap. Barely anything get’s cut out when it comes to competition, it only get’s balanced and tweaked like you might find in a normal game patch. And who cares about Rainbow6 games??? What the hell does that have to do with anything… oh let me guess your really good at it or something no one cares about. If these other games are so much more skillful than an ET style game then why don’t you install Wolf:ET and go find a pub of average players. You might be surprised when you discover that in order to survive you have to be a borderline aimbot… like everyone keeps saying, clueless.

(Cynix) #34

find one game where removing recoil and spread wouldn’t break any amount of skill needed to aim.

Obviously you have little experience with arcade shooters.

“dealing with spread” only separates the players who are willing to put up with ****ty games and players who aren’t. It’s an easy way for game devs to noob up games to make them more console friendly. You can’t compensate for spread, because by the time you’re aware of it it’s already happened. There is nothing you can do in advance to prepare for spread, and there is nothing you can do after it happens except keep shooting. Dealing with spread requires 0 skill period and only helps noobs get lucky. I highly prefer games where skill is the only factor that determines whether I beat someone in a fight.

Obviously this isn’t the competitive community you belong in; go back to your spread and recoil filled games and leave us to the few games that don’t require you to spend the entire time looking down retarded gun sights.

(Thundermuffin) #35

Just wanted to let you know TF2’s spread isn’t random like BRINK’s, so using that in your argument that pros play with spread is invalid. There’s a cvar (heck it may be part of the game by now, can’t remember if it is or not, I just know it’s on for comp) that makes everything shoot the same way every time.

By the way, you used CoD4’s removal of spread as a downer. Isn’t CoD4 still having tournaments? Lol.

(Kalbuth) #36

The whole point of ID Tech games is that they handle fighting differently than the mainstream games you mentioned, and in these games moving while shooting from the hip on opponent head is the whole point, mastering accuracy and movement at the same time.

If you think that makes things easier, I’ll urge you to play against people skilled in these way of playing, you’ll get teared apart in no time and revise your opinion pretty quick.
Sure, it’s easier to stay static and aim a static target. But the whole point is to master the movement at the same time and handle ennemy movement. If you try to play static like the mainstream games, you’ll get kill in no time, guaranteed.

It’s far from skilless, it’s a different skillset, it’s to me what makes the SD / ID Tech games interesting (in part, there are other elements making them interesting), it challenges me to have to fight differently.

And the issue at hand, honestly, is that it looks like SD on Brink moved away from that, and geared toward mainstream FPS systems. Making people angry, and comp people from previous title angry

(DonkeyDong) #37

uhmm,… lots of people are doing it so it much be a good thing!

i’m going to install call of duty now! i was wondering what i am doing!

(Thundermuffin) #38

[QUOTE=DonkeyDong;349714]uhmm,… lots of people are doing it so it much be a good thing!

i’m going to install call of duty now! i was wondering what i am doing![/QUOTE]

You noob, you should play a real skill game like Halo. It has spread, floaty controls and insanely powerful melee.

:wink: /sarcasm

On a less sarcastic note, I should reinstall CoD too, actually.

(sanDIOkan) #39

the idea of op is nice
I hope they will do it