Profile Stats - First Pass

(BAMFana) #21

Great to see stats in the game. One thing I don’t understand though, is the “average accuracy” stat in the profile section.

Looking at my stats from yesterday, I’ve shot 10482 bullets and hit 4061 of them. That’s about 39 % accuracy. But the average accuracy box says “2.58114”; what does that even mean?

Edit: Ok so I figured out what the number is at least, but I still don’t understand why it’s there. 10482 divided by 4061 equals 2.58114. But why? What we want is 4061 divided by 10482 times 100 equals 38.74 %.

(INF3RN0) #22

I also was confused why it was averaging the accuracy backwards

(NeroKirbus) #23

[QUOTE=krokodealer;496504]
3. W/L for mercs is unneccessary. Win depends on team and players and object-players mostly, not on mercs.
What does it say - that when i play Bushwacker i mostly win, and when i play Stoker i mostly loose? What is this?
And those circles? the whole mercs page seems not very interesting to me. combine it with weapons.[/QUOTE]

what’s funny is that people on league of legends forums screams OP when one character has an average win/loss ratio higher than 50%. When this occurs it’s either A. they may be a bit imbalanced. Or B. The character provides a lot to the team and helps carry the game.

just my 2 cents.

(Glottis-3D) #24

i dont see, how w/l for mercs has anything to do with w/l.

what i would like to see is detailed team-oriented stats.

Object Kills
Objects done when taking damage.

and visa-versa:
Being alive near the object when its done by enemies.

merc-wise:
Successful Revives when taking damage
Assists when taking damage.
Ammo given when needed
Medpacks given when needed
Mines damage per minute.
Turret damage per minute

etc.

(DB Genome editor) #25

Account Stats:

[ul]
[li]Fix layout so that related stats are contiguous instead of everything after the first row being in alphabetical order (e.g. “Losses” and “Wins” should be next to each other, same for “Shots fired”, “Shots hit” and “Average accuracy”, etc…). Intuitively, it should be “Raw stat A” > “Raw stat B” > “Derived stat from A+B” as much as possible (without repeating stats). My suggestions:[/li]

[li]“Average accuracy” is calculated backwards and is effectively the average number of shots to score a hit. Also if you really feel the need to track that stat to the fifth decimal, you probably need to get out of the basement and get a life. I would suggest displaying it as an actual percentage with at most 2 decimals (i.e. “26.44%”).[/li]

[li]Time played in seconds will become a uselessly large number, stick to time played in min and make it a decimal number (i.e. “47.7”). Also, “Time played/min” is literally time played per min which makes no sense. Use “Time played mins” as on the weapon stats page or “Time played (mins)”. Or go for “Timed played” and output the value as “hh:mm.m” (hours, mins) or “dd hh:mm.m” (days, hours, mins). [/li]

[li]XP per min doesn’t need 3 decimals, one is more than enough. Also needs to be calculated using real minutes, not integer version.[/ul][/li]
Characters Stats:

[ul]
[li]How are win and losses calculated for mercs? Looking at my own stats in the picture above, my mercs have a total of 5 games played (3 wins, 2 losses), but my overall stats say 3 (1 win, 2 losses) so it seems like every merc involved in a game gets a win or loss added to his/her record (point in case: my only win is shared by 3 mercs). [/li]

[li]Arty is shown as having played 3 mins but has no win, loss or actual game on his record. Is there a minimum playtime required to get a game recorded? I’ve played a bit more since that pic was taken and both Skyhammer and Kira now have 1 game on their record with the same 3 mins of playtime. Is it that games you don’t play to the end (disconnect before the end) don’t register? I played Sparks for 1 min in a game I’m sure I finished and she doesn’t have any game on record either. What’s the condition for a merc’s participation in a game to be registered? [/li]

[li]How is the “Played” line scaled? Looking at my stats, I would say it’s (number of games played by the merc) / (total number of games played by all mercs). But since all participating mercs seem to get a game result, that total can be as much as 3 times the number of games you played, so that ratio seems a bit meaningless. I would suggest to use one of these two alternate calculations instead:[/li]
(number of games played by the merc) / (total number of games played) (overall account stat)

or

(number of game played by the merc) / (largest total number of games played by any mercs)

The first would show the percentage of your total games a given merc was used in (absolute %), the second would rate the merc’s usage against the most used one (relative %).

[li]As they are currently, the “Won” and “Lost” lines are redundant with the “WLR” circle as they show the exact same info. I would suggest the same alternate calculations as for the “Played” line above, so the info becomes either the percentage of overall wins (losses) the merc played in, or how does the merc compares to the merc with the most wins (losses).[/li]

[li]“Game time” is OK as it is, but if you ever decide to change the “Played”, “Won” and “Lost” lines to be comparisons vs the top merc, then this one should be changed accordingly as well.[/li]

[li]Can we have the “WLR” circle in grey with “N/A” instead of 0% for mercs that have no results on their record? Right now if you sort by WLR unused mercs are mixed in with those unlucky ones who’ve never won.[/li]

[li]The “XP” circle is calculated as an absolute % of the total XP earned which feels inconsistant with the relative % used for the “XPM” next to it. And if you play with a variety of mercs, only a small section of this circle will get used and the difference in performance between mercs gets lost visually. I’d rather see a relative % used so that my top mercs shows a full circle.[/ul][/li]
Weapon Stats:

[ul]
[li]Similar to my comments on the account stats, revise the layout to better group things together and ditch “Time used secs”:[/li]

[li]“Time used mins” should be decimal, not just for display but also for “per min” calculations.[/li]

[li]“Assists per min” and “Kills per min” should be limited to 2 decimals at most.[/li]

[li]“Accuracy percentage” should be displayed as an actual percentage and limited to 2 decimals (“26.67%” instead of “0.266667”).[/ul][/li]
Badges Stats:

[ul]
[li]Need some sort of description for each badge, preferably a mouse-over popup as for the merc abilities on the selection page.[/li][/ul]

(Bloodbite) #26

I want to clarify first that I feel a little dirty suggesting this, and that I will be washing my hands after pressing POST.

Are you guys going to implement an ingame notification ego-boost graphic and sound when badges and other such nonsense are achieved? Ala CoD and WoW… these addictive morale boosters have a lot to do with he success of those games… moreso than the traditional UT/Quake “headshot” and “killing spree” announcements. I daresay these stat whoring announcements will be integral in motivating many of today’s casual gamers to not just return, but to participate in team oriented activities with more gusto… at least until they learn that helping others on the team is a reward in itself (awwww).

I imagine there will be purists that would prefer to have such announcements turned off as well (visually too).

(RasteRayzeR) #27

[QUOTE=Bloodbite;497278]I want to clarify first that I feel a little dirty suggesting this, and that I will be washing my hands after pressing POST.

Are you guys going to implement an ingame notification ego-boost graphic and sound when badges and other such nonsense are achieved? Ala CoD and WoW… these addictive morale boosters have a lot to do with he success of those games… moreso than the traditional UT/Quake “headshot” and “killing spree” announcements. I daresay these stat whoring announcements will be integral in motivating many of today’s casual gamers to not just return, but to participate in team oriented activities with more gusto… at least until they learn that helping others on the team is a reward in itself (awwww).

I imagine there will be purists that would prefer to have such announcements turned off as well (visually too).[/QUOTE]

For pub players who will bring in the money, these rewards are great. And from the comp point of view I agree it’s not necessary. So the best would be a client side option to turn it on/off. The server has to compute them anyway since they are reported in the profile stats anyway.

(Ashog) #28

headshots stats.

NAO!!!111

(tokamak) #29

I want to see a players attack vs defense assessment.
So, any of the stats named above, but set out in an attacker/defender axis. Like this:

These are materiality assesments that companies use for their stakeholder dialogue. It’s the most lucid way to compare how the priorities of stakeholders stack up to that of a company.

Same thing for Dirty Bomb. I want to see how my kills/revives/headshots/accuracy or any other conceivable statistic stacks up to attacking and defending.

So a player would get to select a bunch of these stats from a list and then it will be displayed on an attack axis set against a defense axis.

This may be boring for some but I find it fascinating. Right now I only have vague feeling of how my attacking performance compares to my defending performance. I want raw data visualised in the right way to get a clear idea of it.

And note that there are several different (equally important) ways of showing such information:

• Stats per map
  • Merc overall scores per map
  • Map score per merc

Most wonderful would be a fully fledged tool like Gapminder only for Dirty Bomb:
http://www.gapminder.org/

00This isn’t just for personal evaluation. Clans could use this to polish their tactics as well as recruiting. And above all, If these type of statistics can be drawn over the entire playerbase then that would be incredibly useful information for balancing the game further.

And for those that worry that this may go over the head for those who do have a life beside SPSS, it’s still possible to include the most useful comparisons as presets. That way this stuff can be useful to anyone.