Players online question.

(Hundopercent) #21

You picked a good thread to talk trash in. It’s not a matter of fear. It’s enjoyment. It’s difficult enough trying to stomach the game with the constant TDM stalemates that occur, on top of that, I can visually see and hear 3-4 headshots happen and then I die and the player has 75%+. It’s very frustrating and detracts me from actual testing. If the tables were flipped the EU crowd would whine just as much if not more with the whole “why does US get this and not EU.”

On top of all that the only time your server fills up is around 11:00 - 14:00 CST which is when most US players are working. Maybe you should get your **** together before you fracture your frail European wrists trying to disrespect NA players.

(Nail) #22

hopefully the next processing pass will allow dual core players to actually get decent framerates, I see screenshots showing some of the more active players running 30-50 fps, gotta be difficult to judge what’s going on

(sunshinefats) #23

[QUOTE=strychzilla;445878]

On top of all that the only time your server fills up is around 11:00 - 14:00 CST which is when most US players are working. [/QUOTE]

This is VERY true. I’ve also noticed this.

(EnderWiggin.DA.) #24

In my case I stopped playing because:

1. Training for spring endurance events.
  2. Work takes time.
  3. I live on the west coast. No desire anymore to rush home to play a game on east coast times. I’m going to play it on my time or not at all. I’m sure as hell not going to waste a beautiful day playing a game just because there is a full euro server.
  4. I’d rather play Friday-Sunday whereas most NA players appeared to play Mon-Thursday.
  5. Tired of LB, Waterloo, and White chapel.
  6. Some NA player just want to pub stomp and earned this reputation last year. They won’t even teams by talent or by players because they just want to play together. They have driven off a few players because of this behavior. Ironically these players were vocal about servers being empty. They can do what they want. I’m not the goddamned server police. But just like any public server, I’m not going to hang out on a clan stacked server unless the teams are semi balanced. It’s just not fun and that’s why I play games.

(Hundopercent) #25

That’s a weak excuse because half the time you can’t even balance teams if you wanted since both sides are full… No one complained when sid all stacked one side but as soon as D|S- all happen to land on the same team all hell breaks loose. -_-

(Volcano) #26

[QUOTE=strychzilla;445878]
On top of all that the only time your server fills up is around 11:00 - 14:00 CST which is when most US players are working. Maybe you should get your **** together before you fracture your frail European wrists trying to disrespect NA players.[/QUOTE]

I’m not European. The Australian servers never fill up because of the nonexsistant playerbase we have , so its either early morning to play with the yanks around 8am or with the euros at 11pm. I haven’t really seen much stacking lately not on the scale it used to be anyway. We did get to play a couple of rounds with a fresh bunch of US players so hopefully they will come back there was at least 7-8

(Humate) #27

5am for Euro matches.
3am for Frag Anti Day.

(Seanza) #28

On Saturday nights, we play draft games which you are more than welcome to sign up to. This isn’t a Euro-exclusive thing. It just so happens that Europeans are the most active in the game. You are on the east coast, so your ping won’t be horrendous.

Go to this thread and sign yourself up for this Saturday’s games. Hope to see you there!

(MrFunkyFunk) #29

There was, believe me. Now it’s less obvious with everyone changing tags twice a day but it’s still an issue on eu servers.

But let’s not again turn this into a EU vs US war. Can’t blame EU for having a larger active player base (still, that dwindled last weeks) and for playing on its home servers during EU prime time. If there was an active US server there probably would be EU players joining it, but with the timezones it’s not gonna happen often
The US community also seems to have quite a bit of drama aside the game/timezones issues.

(Kl3ppy) #30

I dont get the sense behind abusing bugs/glitches and stacking in an alpha …

(Jamieson) #31

Me neither, stacking at the best of times is just lame, but to do it in Alpha … wow can you say sad?

(TacTicToe) #32

I started this thread to get a clarification on what I saw in that screenshot, vs what appears in the browser. This thread has spun out of control and turning into a gripe fest. There is no reason for this. Until the player base expands, it just it what it is, I guess. I personally have no problems playing on an EU server, if need be. My preference would of course be a US server, but you go where the players are. I have seen an EU server full once, so no way to get on that server. Then I saw one half full, only to come back a few minutes later, and it too was empty. Generally speaking though, when I check there are no players on any servers 98+% of the time.

Since my original question has already pretty much been answered, and the thread seems to be going in the wrong direction, mods feel free to lock the thread.

(sunshinefats) #33

OK, to lighten the mood, what do Brokeback Mountain and the NFL have in common?
The cowboys suck in both! :slight_smile:

NOW we are off topic. ;p

(Kl3ppy) #34

[QUOTE=sunshinefats;446071]OK, to lighten the mood, what do Brokeback Mountain and the NFL have in common?
The cowboys suck in both! :slight_smile:

NOW we are off topic. ;p[/QUOTE]

hahahah awesome

b2t:
What TicTacToe mentions is the problem DB has right now. I can play DB only one or two maps then I’m bored and leave. As it seems, many other people have the same behaviour/issues. There are many threads explaining this so I wont start a discussion here. When I joined the alpha, the playerbase was smaller (yeah it was) but you could find a game very easy. But nowadays, even Devs have to state that they want to play because nobody is really playing DB exept the hardcore DB players. I hope that the next updates change DB in a way to get it more addictive and make it more enjoyable.