Next step in the beta

(k0k0nat) #21

Not sure if happy or not.

Really liked the comp. matchmaking, but I think old habbits will return and the servers will be empty within a few days :confused:
Was there a wave of beta invitations?

Any news on maps or big changes for the next client? - OR will there be a new client on thursday?

(Glottis-3D) #22

what koko said (q about maps), and also:

Do you (SD) guys think that overal stress test numbers were good/bad/disapointing/inspiring?
i mean a thousand ppl, out of 100000 keys (rumored to be sent out before the stress test)?

Removed

(xdc) #24

next step of beta:

1. take more time to get to the next step of beta,
  2. release less content on each step
  3. go to 1

let the flames begin

(Alchemy) #25

So, how abt some patch notes to tide us over till Thursday?

(Mustang) #26

Concurrent players <> Total players

(Glottis-3D) #27

so, how many concurrent players? 2 thousands?

(dommafia) #28

Heā€™s saying that just because you saw ~1000 players online at any one time doesnā€™t mean it was the same 1000 players you kept seeing online. There are players constantly quitting and new ones starting the game every second. So TOTAL players that actually played the game was a lot higher. Everybody just wasnā€™t playing at the same time.

Removed

(ToonBE) #30

Letā€™s hope there will be an active competitive scene with euro and nationcups and just in general a friendly community.

(chippy) #31

This is sadly so forgotten these days =( I remember when the prestige in these cups was incredible. Even if there was no money involved they were insanely hyped.

But these days people will take ā€œteam practiceā€ over NC anyday because of just that: money.

(Szakalot) #32

I think its the other way around. One of the reasons limited-time beta was being pushed is precisely to spike the amount of players (people adjust to the timeframe, since they only have a few days to get some gaming in).

Yes limited time would get more players playing at the same time, and therefor being good for stress-testing.

But, what game-group / audience, would get ā€œtriggeredā€ to ā€œmust play now this weekend! yeah!ā€

I would say not all groups would be happy to play for just one weekend (or two).

I get the feeling some people wanna learn the game in their own pace, and not have so limited time to do it.
Its like starting a movie, but getting cut off, in the middle, sort of thing.

(Nail) #34

this is not about playing a game, SD have stated they donā€™t want people who only want early access, they want dedicated testers, this is a beta not a demo, if you donā€™t want to do as asked, bugger off

(Njsfirth) #35

i didnt play at all during the second phase because i didnt want to play with limited maps/mercs/play modes, it was a choice a few of the older players chose too i believe

(Nail) #36

reasonable response, I only played casual cause I still have very limited mobility in my left hand, but complaining about limited maps/mercs is silly, weā€™re testing not competing

(INF3RN0) #37

[QUOTE=chippy;522868]This is sadly so forgotten these days =( I remember when the prestige in these cups was incredible. Even if there was no money involved they were insanely hyped.

But these days people will take ā€œteam practiceā€ over NC anyday because of just that: money.[/QUOTE]

Iā€™ll play a nations cup :). Already got a job for that $$$. Murica!

Removed

(ToonBE) #39

[QUOTE=chippy;522868]This is sadly so forgotten these days =( I remember when the prestige in these cups was incredible. Even if there was no money involved they were insanely hyped.

But these days people will take ā€œteam practiceā€ over NC anyday because of just that: money.[/QUOTE]

Yes sad but true. I never hear of any nations cup anymoreā€¦ I hope it could be a thing in the dirty bomb comp scene! I even remember players being able to vote for their team captain and then organizing try outs for players wanting to make the team. I am feeling all nostalgic haha:p

(BomBaKlaK) #40

I really hope they did some maps adjustments and new maps !
Letā€™s see that tomorrow