Next merc's gender?

(TheStrangerous) #21

Bumping a second thread like this, just like in that other “I told you so” thread, prepare your cookies!

(Reddeadcap) #22

They look female by the look of the hands in the new guns video.

Why No QT Trap? :frowning:

(TheStrangerous) #23

@Reddeadcap said:

Let’s just wait a bit, KAY?

We need to be absolutely 100% sure, cause it might be a robot with feminine design, and robots have no gender :wink:

(Ptiloui) #24

@TheStrangerous said:

@Reddeadcap said:

Let’s just wait a bit, KAY?

We need to be absolutely 100% sure, cause it might be a robot with feminine design, and robots have no gender :wink:

The thing is, it seems there is some electrical wires going along the left gloves at 53s.
Maybe it’s just related to his/her ability, but it can be possible :smiley:

(DB Genome editor) #25

Those nails on the right hand made me vote “female”.

(Reddeadcap) #26

@Ptiloui

@TheStrangerous

I have mixxed feelings about what I am saying.

Assault rifles so far haven’t really been a medic weapon so she could be an assault, maybe shooting electricity like a tesla coil from her right hand, the company logo ln the rifles and batons are also those of the revivr, maybe it’s a reference to the fact that this company is employee electricity for their products?

This can be interesting, maybe more mercs and even weapons could be inspired by companies irl but with some looks based off companies ingame. Ghost clip can be really 3d printed circular and weird, this company that makes the revivr, batons and new rifle could make a railgun of some kind and tesla gear for some new mercs

(TheStrangerous) #27

Still, a robot merc would be nice. Or perhaps a mutant humanoid animal, OW has Winston, Paladins has Pip and Drogoz, DB should have one. A jackal perhaps?

(Reddeadcap) #28

@TheStrangerous said:
Still, a robot merc would be nice. Or perhaps a mutant humanoid animal, OW has Winston, Paladins has Pip and Drogoz, DB should have one. A jackal perhaps?

Doubt it, the suspensions of disbelief doesn’t match, unless its like that dog in Cawadoody.

(Eox) #29

@TheStrangerous said:

Robot ? Yeah, no worries. An anthro ? Nah. That doesn’t fit DB’s universe at all.

(GatoCommodore) #30

@Eox said:

@TheStrangerous said:

Robot ? Yeah, no worries. An anthro ? Nah. That doesn’t fit DB’s universe at all.

whats an anthro

(Eox) #31

@GatoCommodore said:

@Eox said:

@TheStrangerous said:

whats an anthro

That kind of characters :

! !

Basically furries. But I heard there’s a difference between anthros and furries. I have no clue what it is though.

(GatoCommodore) #32

@Eox said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@Eox said:

@TheStrangerous said:

whats an anthro

! !

Basically furries. But I heard there’s a difference between anthros and furries. I have no clue what it is though.

i thought athropod are spiders and bipedal are 2 legged or stand on 2 legs

then i realized its Anthropomorphic means humanoid
humanoid robot is probably considered as Anthropomorphic too.

but furries…
it just gives me nightmare

(TheFluffyOne) #33

@Eox said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@Eox said:

@TheStrangerous said:

whats an anthro

! !

Well, the difference is quite simple. Anything like animals, robots, etc. that are made more humanoid are anthros. Anthro robots are droids, anthro animals are furries.
All furries are anthros, while all anthros aren’t furries.

(TheStrangerous) #34

Jackal commander seems to howl sometimes, during his radio calls.
Sometimes he nervously grumbles.
Maybe he is a werejackal, bit/scratched by his former pet jackal, turning into one, once a blue moon :wink:

(Ptiloui) #35

Anthro is the short version of Anthropomorphic “thing”. As @TheFluffyOne said, anything that is made human-like is anthropomorphic : animals, robots, alien, etc…

(TheStrangerous) #36

Now I’m confident something will be announced/happen this week, only over 2 days left 'til the end of the current event. Most likely Thursday or Friday.

(Your worst knifemare.) #37

Tbh as long as i can zap people with the new merc, I don’t care what gender, race, or species it is (unless it’s our 8th bald white guy).

(TheStrangerous) #38

@Wintergreen said:
Give us a robot or ghost to make everyone happy and keep the Twitter outrage down to a healthy level.

You called it! We have our own Wheately!
It’s gonna be a draw between people who vote “genderless” and something other.
Here, have some cookies, as +1 Insightful!

Wooohoo, I win!

ahem

I’d like to, uh, take this opportunity to first thank God, my teammates who have stuck with me since the beginning, uh, my wife and beautiful daughter back home, and, um, I’d also like to thank my coach for being my coach, I’d like to again thank God, erm, this game is my passion, hard work, thanks, and I’d like to thank my high school coach, my wonderful mom, uh, my first girlfriend from middle school, my chiropractor, all my sponsors sips drink, all my potential sponsors in the future, and, uh, God. Thank you all. I couldn’t have done it without you.

accepts cookies and raises trophy

(TheStrangerous) #40

We have a tie between female and genderless! (The drone counts as a merc too! It’s two mercs in one!)

Congratulations +1 Insightful!