Nexon Account System Downtime

(Nail) #21

probably better posted in Bugs forum

(Brinkman) #22

I have a quick question about this whole Nexon takeover/buyout whatever… I was wondering, Splash Damage started WarChest to publish free to play games. They have their own launcher and everything was okay in the world.

For some reason Nexon comes along and makes an offer SD couldn’t refuse apparently. Why ditch their own in house network for this external one?

(BomBaKlaK) #23

[QUOTE=Brinkman;481031]I have a quick question about this whole Nexon takeover/buyout whatever… I was wondering, Splash Damage started WarChest to publish free to play games. They have their own launcher and everything was okay in the world.

For some reason Nexon comes along and makes an offer SD couldn’t refuse apparently. Why ditch their own in house network for this external one?[/QUOTE]

in the same way I have few questions to :

Is the warchest tools or technologies are still in use even if that’s rename in Nexon launcher ?
What is the anti cheat system ? Warchest or Nexon anticheat ?
is warchest still involved in Extraction ?

(Kl3ppy) #24

I think, the Anti Cheat tool is from nexon.

(BomBaKlaK) #25

arf … they told us about a new technology made by warchest.
another desapointment, need wait to see the efficiency.

(eiM) #26

there are plenty of threads in the forums here that explain the whole deal with Nexon and SD. Check them out and/or search for them. I can’t atm, but your above statements/assumptions are wrong.

(Brinkman) #27

Sorry, this doesn’t help.

I’ve found only 1 thread addressing the Nexon deal with no answers to my question. The developer just goes on about password servers and such.

[QUOTE=Anti;480523]I explained this on IRC to some of the VIPs last night but will mention it again here in an attempt to kill the drama.

The fact there were not some passworded servers after migration was an oversight on our part. We had a different person organizing the list of servers for beta than the people that usually organize the pick-up servers in alpha and we forgot to mention to him, or Nexon, that we’d need these.

When we noticed that we spoke to Nexon about fixing it which why there are now two servers.

The reason for the booking system is the change from alpha to beta. The number of users will ramp up over beta and there will be more contention for this sort of private server. We experienced this in the ETQW closed beta and it caused a lot of trouble whilst we retained semi-public passwords. Teams would spy on each other, people would interrupt matches by accident and on purpose, teams would argue about who’s turn it was to use the server and some teams would take the servers all the time. In the end we ran a booking system which fixed those issues for the short time the private servers existed.

I know this is not ideal for everybody but it is a reasonable approach. If there are elements of it that you think won’t work and you have suggestions of how to improve it then please make those suggestions and if they are reasonable Nexon and ourselves will work to improve the process.

I have to admit I found it a little sad last night that people reacted the way they did to something that is so straight forward to discuss and improve with feedback, it just takes a little bit of calm and a second to view it from somebody else’s perspective.

There were some good suggestions on IRC in the end last night on how else to improve this and I’ll talk to a few people here today to try to get those set up in the near future. Nexon have already responded quickly to give you folks the password for an unbooked server.

Ultimately this system is not going to exist for too long. We’re aiming to have private servers that people can own and admin themselves at some point as well as systems for custom and ranked pick-up games in-game, including matchmaking options. Those are the best way to deal with this feature and what we have now is simply a way for us to support pick-ups and some clan play in the short term.[/QUOTE]

If you can link me to a thread or post that answers my question, I’d be forever grateful.

(Anti) #28

[QUOTE=Brinkman;481031]I have a quick question about this whole Nexon takeover/buyout whatever… I was wondering, Splash Damage started WarChest to publish free to play games. They have their own launcher and everything was okay in the world.

For some reason Nexon comes along and makes an offer SD couldn’t refuse apparently. Why ditch their own in house network for this external one?[/QUOTE]

Nexon launcher isn’t just for Extraction, it will support all their western games. As they operate Extraction in the US and Europe they also wanted it to be on their platform, that’s why it moved. Their launcher is still quite new, hence some issues, we had problems of our own with the Warchest launcher when it was first put together too.

Warchest still publish Free-to-play games, like RAD Soldiers, and the Warchest launcher could be used for other games in future.

(Brinkman) #29

Cheers Anti. One last followup question that you most likely won’t be at liberty to answer :smiley: Was Dirty Bomb/Extraction originally developed to be sold off or was this just a ‘right place at the right time’ deal with Nexon? As an end user, I’d prefer having it all under one roof instead of two separate companies/forums to deal with. But this is strictly a gripe at an end user level.

The Founders system, i felt, was to help the development team along. Only to find out they’d just sell the game off, kind of double dipping in this sense. Knowing the game was eventually going to be Free to Play, I’m not going to go as far as saying I wouldn’t have donated if I knew SD was going to sell off the game. But it doesn’t sit well with me in the current world of KickStarter scandals and such.

(Azag-Thoth) #30

Just double checking - today Nov 12th and I can not “Complete Your Registration” @Nexon. Tried different browers.

(Evila) #31

Please place a Nexon support ticket about this matter. Our CS department will be able to help you with this. Thanks!

(Azag-Thoth) #32

Did it already yesterday. Used “Submit your issue without logging in.”, no reply yet.