New Dev Video: Sniper and Shotgun Changes

(Meerkats) #21

Good. This is good. These are good things. I can accept this. What’s the smallest “hallelujah” I can purchase? I want to give Splash Damage one of those.

FEL-IX and MoA weren’t mentioned ( unless I missed it ), but if fifteen guns are getting changes, I’m sure they’re on the hit list as well.

A day where weapons are balanced… is it okay to cross my fingers? And hope? Dream?

Good.

(Xenithos) #22

@Eox said:
Don’t expect those to be the only changes coming for shotguns. The change list will be pretty big. Shotguns will probably get other changes as well to justify the spread and damage changes.

The announced changes were just a very few among a very big list of balance changes affecting a broad variety of weapons. The announced changes were just cherry picked. Shotguns, snipers and burst rifles also won’t be the only guns recieving balance tweaks. You can safely expect buffs or nerfs on other weapons as well.

W-wait… Senpai, please tell me blish is buffed even more :blush:
I want to rule the universe with the blishy.

(Xenithos) #23

@Meerkats said:
Good. This is good. These are good things. I can accept this. What’s the smallest “hallelujah” I can purchase? I want to give Splash Damage one of those.

FEL-IX and MoA weren’t mentioned ( unless I missed it ), but if fifteen guns are getting changes, I’m sure they’re on the hit list as well.

A day where weapons are balanced… is it okay to cross my fingers? And hope? Dream?

(Eox) #24

@Xenithos said:

@Eox said:
Don’t expect those to be the only changes coming for shotguns. The change list will be pretty big. Shotguns will probably get other changes as well to justify the spread and damage changes.

The announced changes were just a very few among a very big list of balance changes affecting a broad variety of weapons. The announced changes were just cherry picked. Shotguns, snipers and burst rifles also won’t be the only guns recieving balance tweaks. You can safely expect buffs or nerfs on other weapons as well.

You’ll see when the update will come out. I don’t know more than you guys do. I just know that the balance content of the next update will be big.

(azz_abdr) #25

I would call that a balance update if all primaries TTK about same value, excluding Sniper and Shotguns of course, that the DPS, bloom and starting spread is compensate each other. Same applies to secondaries and melee weapon.

(Nail) #26

@azz_abdr said:
Shotguns are fine now, it was ridiculously powerful. Nerf it further make it weakest primary on game.
Why do they love to nerf shotguns to the ground? Don’t hear salty kids crying because getting rekt in close range with shotguns, because that’s what shotguns should work, a powerful close range weapon, shotguns player can be easily killed at medium range combat. It started to lose It’s effectiveness on 6 meters and not all pellets can hit target unless they standing so close to the face. I see a lot of shotguns player can be compared to Phantom players, getting close range, kill 1 and then get killed immediately.

Why devs, why you do this?

Oh I remember someone said [“never underestimate SD’s incompetence”](http://steamcommunity.com/app/333930/discussions/0/1480982971177784141/?ctp=2#c1483235412194986564“never underestimate SD’s incompetence””).

(update: lol I am flagged for this, here comes ban XD )

I unflagged you and changed it to disagree, my problem was with you calling SD incompetent
I’m not that thrilled by the way the game is going but they make games, I don’t.

(Artyrim) #27

99% of People who complained about shotguns are NOOBS.
Yes I can one shot any -100 hp mercs,
I can 2 shot a Fragger or Thunder
And I can 3 shot a Rhino
BUT from max 2 m

Againts people with good aim the shotgun is useless. You are dead if you miss just one hit because the rate of fire is low. And in a long range fights shotgun is just a cute thing.
I don’t see any reason for a nerf .

Same for snipers, is not like any random Vissili can oneshot everyone. You need aim.

br needs a small nerf of rate of fire

(Eox) #28

@Artyrim said:
99% of People who complained about shotguns are NOOBS.

Hence why they are getting a rework. Shotguns were obviously too efficient in a low level environement, yet inefficient against competent people due to your crippling lack of range. You said it yourself. If a single kind of weapon wards off new players too much, there’s likely an issue. Same can be said for a weapon/merc that is too good at high level of play.

The announced changes so far will reduce the damage of shotguns while reducing their spread. This would attempt to turn shotguns into a weapon that is way less frustrating to deal against for new players while making them a more viable choice in higher level of play. It’s a change that is worth trying.

(Mr.Cuddlesworth) #29

Snipers need Dreiss rof-see how this old Vassili can handle his sniper riflehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAW3dlTMv6g

(Pokeking593) #30

@Xenithos said:

@Eox said:

The weird thing is that I find the blishlok absolutely impossible to use at any range (due to the super slow rof), and yet I’ve been killed by it so many times, quite often by headshot. I’d say it may need a bit of a reduction in lag compensation.

(Xenithos) #31

@Pokeking593 said:

@Xenithos said:

@Eox said:

The weird thing is that I find the blishlok absolutely impossible to use at any range (due to the super slow rof), and yet I’ve been killed by it so many times, quite often by headshot. I’d say it may need a bit of a reduction in lag compensation.

If you want to talk lag compensation you should hear about the dreiss. That weapon is ridiculous. As for Blishlock, I simply happen to love the feel of the weapon when moving and the accuracy is among the most controllable of all the weapons in DB for me. I hadn’t realized it, but when really thinking about it, my favorite Phantom card is probably the blishlock super ammo one, and I love Sawb with it. I prefer having shotguns on Aura, but that might change shortly. ROFL.

(NocTurtleBOI) #32

REEEEEEEE WHERE’S MY PATCH NOTES ONE DAY BEFORE PATCH RELEASE!!! (jk jk)

(bgyoshi) #33

Blshlok is a straight up unfair full auto sniper rifle with no recoil always has and always will be.

It’s the one gun I refuse to use because it’s too easy to dominate with

I really don’t understand the changes to shotguns over the years. It should be worthless in high level play. It should dominate casual gams. It’s a close range cannon that should 1 shot mercs under 100 hp and two shot everyone else, assuming you get 2 full pellet meat shots. I don’t mean any generic hit, I mean every single pellet hits. Your entire game plan should be ambushing enemies to get in close. I really just don’t get it.

MoA is turning into a sortasemiauto sniper rifle. Damage keeps getting nerfed on it to compensate for an RoF issue. Why not nerf the RoF instead? Or lower the clip size to make you reload more? Why does the draw of the FEL-IX have to be being able to actually kill mercs, and the draw of the MoA is less recoil for worse performance? Why not make BOTH guns one shot headshot all mercs except Rhino, but the draw of the MoA is faster fire in exchange for more frequent reloading (which will also punish incap kills) and the draw of the FEL-IX is more ammo and more body shot damage in exchange for slower fire? Being unable to one shot Fraggers in the head makes the MoA worthless.

(DOORTOLIGHT) #34

@TitaniumRapture said:
SHOTGUNS OP PLZ NERF!!!
SNIPERS OP PLZ NERF!!!
BURSTS OP NERF BURSTS!!!

WHY THE HELL ARE YOU NERFING SHOTGUNS?!?!?!?!?
WHY THE HELL ARE YOU NERFING BURST RIFLES?!?!?!
WHY THE HELL ARE YOU NERFING SNIPERS?!?!

Cause when ppl lose vs these guns they come here crying, nothing new

(OwynTyler) #35

Please stop mistreating 80hp mercs… it’s not funny anymore how vulnerable you make em just cuz they are female :’(