[Mod] W:ET Headquarters got released!!!

(acQu) #21

Thanks. Glad you like it.

ET server admins are still encouraged to give it a try. Make sure to report back some stuff to me, with pm or here.

Pretty funny to see some real quality not even beeing tried. Makes me think what are the strings which make a mod popular. Probably some “blablablablaaaaaaaaaa”. :slight_smile:

(Dragonji) #22

Does your mod use PBGUID to identify players or an own GUID system?

(acQu) #23

Nothing of both. Maybe i can make a light weight guid service in future, but it needs some pms and stuff. And of course some code. Not sure if i should do it. All i know is i do not want to include curl in my codebase …

(Dragonji) #24

Rome wasn’t built in a day. I remember spreading of silEnT mod. First versions could only be tested on developers’ server and it took many months and releases before a second community decided to move to silEnT. Now it’s the most popular pub mod but in the past nobody would think it’s going to replace Jaymod one day.

(spidysense) #25

[QUOTE=acQu;510864]Thanks. Glad you like it.

ET server admins are still encouraged to give it a try. Make sure to report back some stuff to me, with pm or here.

Pretty funny to see some real quality not even beeing tried. Makes me think what are the strings which make a mod popular. Probably some “blablablablaaaaaaaaaa”. :)[/QUOTE]

Make the mod which you like to play on daily basis and which is easy to manage from the admin point of view. If the mod doesn’t lag, hit registration is good then the players are going to like it.

(acQu) #26

Thanks all for the comments.

What the mod needs right now is modellers and skinners, showing the true potential of this mod. This mod was built with one principle in mind: freedom of choice. Every server admin can make his own cc pack, just take a look in the manual of hq-0.9.127 download (inside docs directory if i remember correct).

By the way: what would fit nq much more nicely is reloaded mod, which i am also working on with thunder. It is much more restrictive, and maybe therefore more in order and in the expectation of players (if done correct).

(twt_thunder) #27

Ok, I’ve started a pretty big job on making an fun pack for hq mod.
and when Its done we’ll fire up a twt-public server for everyone who wanna test it.

But skin creating does take quite some time, so I wonder if someone here would like to help out and make some FUN skins, these could be really whatever…
a clown suit, a ninja suit, and old ladys dress… really whatever makes it more fun :slight_smile:
anybody interrested, post it here or make an account over on twt and post it there and we will add it into the pack.
ALL help is appreciated and will get credit

(twt_thunder) #28

even pictures of clothes, things you would like in a fun mod is appreciated… Running out of Ideas…

(WuTangH) #29

What about this? :smiley:

(twt_thunder) #30

[QUOTE=WuTangH;514197]What about this? :smiley:

[/QUOTE]

not to sure how much fun it is… you can see here what we’ve made so far:

http://www.thewolfteam.org/index.php/topic,97.0.html

(Nail) #31

looks like AoE lll

(twt_thunder) #32

First try of funpack on server:

IP:
5.101.104.229:27960

(wh_te) #33

Lovely mod

(acQu) #34

Thanks all for taking interest.

Further plans for this mod are on its way, there is ALOT of stuff still going wrong, but i know what it is, so next updates are about:

• update1: making mod stable and bugfree, make mod independent from punkbuster (there will be player ids similar to etpro guids which will be used to save skin unlocks and skin selections), make mod a lot more easily deployable with mac support and removing all teh libs (basically you just make a hq directory, then start the mod and all is done for you as server admin, no pain to read through manuals, etc)
  • update2 (somewhere far in the future): sick features will be added. I will not tell too much, but one thing i want to tell. Some guy recently pmed me about COD perks and all the nice stuff. I think these will be coming for this mod, if i find the time and when i will be through with update1. This will be awsome, and there are fairly deeps plans on my table for this. This will include removing the entire xp system, and giving the highest level to every player by default. On top of that there will be perks which you can unlock via game coins.
  • update3: secret yet, but there are some plans to this.

Gotta say that there is still alot to improve in this mod, but if i get to update 3 i will be sure that this will be the best mod et has ever seen gameplay-wise. It will be modern, it will be fun, and it will be oldschool, all at the same time :slight_smile:

I may start adding coders to this codebase soon, in about 2 months or so, but i am not sure about who to trust. So i keep this pending for a bit. I also need to clean up exisitng codebase for update1, then i may invite more coders to help me make this as awsome as i have plans for this.

So far my view on this mod. I was unsure if i should ever develop it further, but it may be worth it, considering how much ET is dying and ET needing such a mod.

#thanks alot to thunder for providing the test server and making packs, this gave me alot of inspiration and alot of testing data, so i know what to improve first and what not.

Cheers
acqu

(Teuthis) #35

So far my view on this mod. I was unsure if i should ever develop it further, but it may be worth it, considering how much ET is dying and ET needing such a mod.

Very true. Love to See you Keep your Motivation up and Running. Seeing People like this is what drives me still to Map for an 11year Old Game (and because I have no clue how to do it for others)

Stupid question, what the hack are Perks? Pink ducks?

(twt_thunder) #36

I will try in xmas times and make a ww2 pack with skins for snow, wood and dessert to choose from,
if there is no other interrest to make them with a bit of more quality then I can?..

(twt_thunder) #37

Ok I’ve started on the HQ Chameleon pack…
If acQu could implement shrubbot sidewise this would be a great release for clans

(acQu) #38

The pack is now in downloads of moddb. Great work thunder :slight_smile:

Example character: