message of day MOTD

(DrD3ath) #21

And this too, totally agree

(Azev2000) #22

Is your server in the US? If it is then your one of just 2 servers that actually fills up on a nightly basis. They agreed to the terms of their deal with Bethesda. You do realize this game was a bugged out mess when released. They obviously could not get everything working.

The splash damage your so passionate about is gone SIR. The core guys are still there but now are joined by high level outsiders. All while Bethesda tells them what to say and how to design.

(DrD3ath) #23

Server is in UK, see my sig below. There are a number of servers that fill regularly and as far as I can see numbers are increasing this last week or so. (subjective assessment, not done extensive stats). We just need 16 players to have fun.

ALL games I have played have bugs. ALL. L4D, L4D2, BF2BC2, COD, ETQW etc etc. I have not played a single game that didn’t have bugs in the beginning (except for maybe RTCW coz I probably didn’t play that until after they had ironed them out, and even then it still has some). It is kind of in the nature of the beast.

Everyone has to make compromises. Microsoft and Sony for sure have their contractual obligations if you release on their consoles and be sure Bethesda had theirs also for funding etc etc That is business. Like music labels, they just want to churn out stuff that sells. They make to a formula, boy bands, girl bands etc etc. However, there will always be the original musicians. Spice girls vs Led Zepplin ? Gaming industry is the same in many ways. the big punlishers don’t want you playing a game for 4 years. I spent 4 years playing marketgarden map on RTCW and almost another 4 playing ETQW (including beta). SD are doing their best to patch and fix. They need constructive feedback not constant whining. Be sure if you play on Oh My Brink you will often get a good game. No one can guarantee player ability all the time. How many hours have you played Brink for anyway?

I am sure SD are aware of the actual and perceived issues with Brink as well as the more ridiculous whines. let them have time and constructive criticism to sort it out.

(Azev2000) #24

[QUOTE=DrDeath<rfa;356144]Server is in UK, see my sig below. There are a number of servers that fill regularly and as far as I can see numbers are increasing this last week or so. (subjective assessment, not done extensive stats). We just need 16 players to have fun.

ALL games I have played have bugs. ALL. L4D, L4D2, BF2BC2, COD, ETQW etc etc. I have not played a single game that didn’t have bugs in the beginning (except for maybe RTCW coz I probably didn’t play that until after they had ironed them out, and even then it still has some). It is kind of in the nature of the beast.

Everyone has to make compromises. Microsoft and Sony for sure have their contractual obligations if you release on their consoles and be sure Bethesda had theirs also for funding etc etc That is business. Like music labels, they just want to churn out stuff that sells. They make to a formula, boy bands, girl bands etc etc. However, there will always be the original musicians. Spice girls vs Led Zepplin ? Gaming industry is the same in many ways. the big punlishers don’t want you playing a game for 4 years. I spent 4 years playing marketgarden map on RTCW and almost another 4 playing ETQW (including beta). SD are doing their best to patch and fix. They need constructive feedback not constant whining. Be sure if you play on Oh My Brink you will often get a good game. No one can guarantee player ability all the time. How many hours have you played Brink for anyway?

I am sure SD are aware of the actual and perceived issues with Brink as well as the more ridiculous whines. let them have time and constructive criticism to sort it out.[/QUOTE]

See that is the issue though. SD was the passionate rock band who was wrote all there own music. Now there there a boy band and have failed I might add.

During US primetime there are usually two 16 player servers with under 100 ping. One of which is usually full. Say I join the second and my team decides to not play like a team. What do you do then? I have played just over 60 hours of BRINK. 30 of which I was forcing myself to like the game since I spent so much time promoting it and following it.

The sad thing is they are not aware of all these perceived issues or else they would have fixed them during all those play tests throughout development. Doesn’t matter now anyway because it will not recover to anywhere near the community they expected it to have. You might say why does it matter. We don’t need a large community. Well big publishers don’t continue support/development of games that won’t make them money.

This is why developers such as TRIPWIRE must be treasured and its the reason why I buy all of there products. Even if that exact game is not my cup of tea.

(sereNADE) #25

Talk about tripwire or whoever you want. Say whatever nonsense about SD that pops in your mind and stumbles out the tip of your tongue. SD is bringing back MOTD for server operators. I think it’s about time and welcome it.

(DrD3ath) #26

Well, tell you what. A cordial invitation to play on Oh My Brink and your very welcome on our TS3 server also. PW is in sig below. You never know , a little friendly banter goes a long way to make playing fun. I don’t think ping is such a big issues as it was before. So grab a beer and come play. If you can get on ! (no server queing is an irritation SD :p)

On reflection , not sure if one can extend a cordial invitation or should cordially invite ! bah ! Anyone good on english grammar ?

(Patriotqube) #27

Nice to hear that Motd is comming :slight_smile: