Matchmaking!

(Aerodrome) #1

hi.
main dirty bomb problem is to catch all good high lvl players in to 1 place
i have server with lvl restriction … but i think its not possible for me to invite players alone
i cant stay for a long time on my server
without good auto join for high lvl its not possible
i think my server not in default list also
so … i think developers need to think more about how to customize matchmaking for good matches

i even agree for system with some default profiles for servers for high lvl restriction auto join system

(DarkangelUK) #2

Are you saying you want Quick Join to take the high level players and filter them into level restricted servers?

(Aerodrome) #3

yeah
many high lvl players really tired to play with noobs and wanna more

(DarkangelUK) #4

At this point they shouldn’t be using Quick Join, they should be using the server browser to find level restricted servers to play on if they’re tired of playing with noobs.

(Aerodrome) #5

it take too long time for this
server holder must be always alone and online to create big party

(DarkangelUK) #6

I can guarantee that they won’t change the Quick Join feature to do this.

(Aerodrome) #7

they can emprove server browser … so high lvl more then 25 coming to same players +
i dont know what they think
everyday high lvl players mad about noob own and enemy team

(bgyoshi) #8

What a good feature

I didn’t realize Quick Join was made for a specific range of experience. The devs gave me the impression that quick join is supposed to be used by all players.

I like OP’s idea, but it IS doubtful that it’d be implemented.

Honestly the best thing to do now is just find a set of level restricted community servers and favorite them

(DarkangelUK) #9

What were you expecting from it? QJ doesn’t put players into community servers at all, only official, so yes it is silly to use it if you’re looking for level/ping restricted servers ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(bgyoshi) #10

But what if they aren’t? You said high level players shouldn’t be using quick join, not that they shouldn’t use quick join if they want to join a level restricted server.

I can’t conceive why they shouldn’t use quick join. But I suppose high level or not, you shouldn’t use quick join if you’re looking for a specific server. That seems… obvious.

Shoe also did say directly in the Quick Join video that it heavily factors player skill when finding a server. So I mean… false advertising?

(DarkangelUK) #11

Quick Join is exactly as it suggests, to quickly get you into a match and you dont care how it is. If you have some specifics like level restrictions, ping restrictions then thats what the SB exists for, so you can use filters to do just that, quick join cant read your mind and guess what type of game you want… seriously its a simple concept

(bgyoshi) #12

You don’t need to convince me man, convince Shoe here

Here’s the promises that Quick Join is smart enough to both get you in a server as fast as possible AND put you in a match that factors your skill level heavily.

(DarkangelUK) #13

Aerodrome said

many high lvl players really tired to play with noobs and wanna more

to which my reply was

At this point they shouldn’t be using Quick Join, they should be using the server browser to find level restricted servers to play on if they’re tired of playing with noobs.

if they’re tired of playing with noobs then dont use quick join, use the server browser to get level restricted servers which will guarantee they dont play with low levels

The player base is low, they removed CMM because queues were too long to find balanced teams due to lack of players (says so in the video you linked), if CMM was doing a bad job of matchmaking when they had more players, then why would anyone think QJ would magically work better and faster when not doing matchmaking and with less players concurrent?

He doesnt really explain it properly that it uses skill ratings to balance whats on the server at the time, it doesnt do it when finding players, maybe it would/could if we had 10,000 24hr peak instead of 1,000, but at this point it’s just impossible. It could get 4 high levels and 8 low levels and do its best with them, but that could be the best high level with all the better noobs and the other 3 with the poor ones.

Im being realistic when i say there’s not enough players to think you’ll ever get grouped with all players your level if you’re high, or that QJ can do the job its meant to and quickly with such small numbers when trying to confine to a set region. There just arent enough, so you’ll need to seek out high levels to play with yourself.