Maschinenfabrik Esslingen Tram Model

(Qualmi) #21

oops ^^ who said that. tramfight 3 lol. ok i failed, i admit.

edit: but tramfight 3 sounds better, eh :slight_smile:

(stealth6) #22

you guys should be asking FireFly what happened to tram fight 2? :stuck_out_tongue:

(Magic) #23

Last version of Tramfight was beta2.

(Pegazus) #24

Thanks FireFly, btw I like your models too, especially the texture work.

(aaa3) #25

nice tram, i especially like the way the electricity collectors are done.

[QUOTE=Pegazus;198466]You may never know, maybe there is. Berlin Tramfight 3
[/QUOTE] btw, this thread frightens me to hell :stuck_out_tongue: no details

but maybe that it’s green do make heavy rocks falling down from the top of my heart (a saying meaning being released from considerable stress/worry/scare) lawl xd

(Pegazus) #26

nice tram, i especially like the way the electricity collectors are done.

Thank you :slight_smile: They were pain to make too, but the final look was worthy.

btw, this thread frightens me to hell :stuck_out_tongue: no details

but maybe that it’s green do make heavy rocks falling down from my heart (a saying meaning being released from considerable stress/worry/scare) lawl xd

You lost me there :o Please re-explain :infiltrator:

(aaa3) #27

well the explanation is that one map im “making” (haha, better to say made and stopped but its not really stopped), wanted to feature trams from early on. and well… its a citymap… and… i dont tell which city but u mentioned berlin … and… in berlin trams are yellow :stuck_out_tongue: so i dont have to worry that u r making a berlin map, with tram.

and edited saying but hard to translate, in original much shorter. (oh, and “it’s green” is referring to ur tram : )

(Pegazus) #28

Well I never intended to make a map with a tram, but to make things a bit more creepier this tram has something to do with Berlin.

:wink:

Though i never knew that the trams in Berlin during ww2 were yellow, i saw few war movies about Berlin and they had green trams.

(aaa3) #29

pfff :D:D that’s quite a revelation xDD!
btw then my double bad… i only saw one for a few second in a clip, remembered coz in budapest also yellow but those i saw were noticeably fainter, here they’re of a more orange-ish, darker shade.
maybe there were more than 1 transport companies or separate colours on some lines… i didnt really cared back then since just wanted to make some random basic generic-old-tram thingie anyway

edit, some pics (at least i wasnt hallucinating:): [bp, ww2*] [bp, nowadays] [berl, old] [berl idk]
[bp, extra old] [bp, modern 1] [2] [3]

(*an interesting note about it that it was besides the offical desg. “Type T” called “stuka” in everyday life because of thir very characteristic and loud noise. it was a very advanced type for its time (photo is post-war), and the very similar one shown in another 2 pics above are its descendant, type “UV”, were in service for more than 50 years showing the design’s potential (and eastern european fate as well xd - no money to completely replace. but that was a bless for us kids because we could travel on 3-4 differnt types in our everyday life :D))

(Pegazus) #30

Look what i found clicky
Very interesting reading material.

I did try to find some info about the trams in Berlin during ww2, got nothing, but i guess you are right, yellow is the traditional color for trams.

Also if you want some Berlin reference images have a go here clicky

Also, if you need a tram, i could recolor the model for you.

(aaa3) #31

nice, bookmarkd the 2nd :slight_smile:

(.Chris.) #32

Anyone got a working download for this model? Cant find one anywhere…

(KeMoN) #33

That one should help you out. The screenshot looks the same so I guess it is the same model…not sure though

(.Chris.) #34

How did you get that link? When I tried on that site it just kept redirecting me to the home page…

Thanks anyway.

(KeMoN) #35

You need to copy the link and then put it into a new tab and it will work. Though I don’t know why we’re getting redirected to the homepage if we click it directly…