Interactive Map Design Suggestions

(zenstar) #21

+1 (10 chars)

(EnderWiggin.DA.) #22

I like the last two as well.

For interactive environments, I would like to blow up some of the cars or at least shoot out the glass in the vehicles/buildings. I think players coming from other games will also expect to be able to do this as well.

(dommafia) #23

[QUOTE=EnderWiggin.DA.;410373]I like the last two as well.

For interactive environments, I would like to blow up some of the cars or at least shoot out the glass in the vehicles/buildings. I think players coming from other games will also expect to be able to do this as well.[/QUOTE]

Breakable glass is not gonna happen. I forgot what the exact wording was but there would be too much work required to add it in at this point and there’s office buildings with glass windows everywhere.

(tokamak) #24

Vice versa, map layouts and blue prints would really help us help you.

(Anti) #25

Not quite sure what you mean by needing those? Each screenshot comes with a supporting text-file with positional info we can use, at least as far as I’m aware. We can use these to find the spots your screenshots refer to. How would the maps help?

Not to say we can’t do them at some point, but it’s not something we can do right now :slight_smile:

(tokamak) #26

Having a layout, even a rough top-down texture one gives us a better sense of the spatial proportions of the map. I know there are already some minimaps in place. Just having those as an image would be enough.

(Anti) #27

Will check with the guys tomorrow if we can make it available. We only have it for London Bridge right now though, they’ll take a bit of time to produce for the other maps.

(Pytox) #28

Tapirs dolls with physics in a store on the map would be cool, also i don’t see wheelchairs anywhere? :tongue:

(zenstar) #29

I have yet to see a single wheelchair ramp! This game is going to get closed down by H&S unless it starts becoming more accessible to the physically challenged mercenary!

(stealth6) #30

You can fly up high above the map in spectator mode, not sure if that was what you’re looking for, but it’s a possibility.

(stlava) #31

[QUOTE=EnderWiggin.DA.;410373]
For interactive environments, I would like to blow up some of the cars or at least shoot out the glass in the vehicles/buildings. I think players coming from other games will also expect to be able to do this as well.[/QUOTE]

I took the topic name to mean just that instead of paths. The environment has lots of filler objects, dumpsters, cars, trashbags, etc but they aren’t movable/destructible making the entire environment seem very ridged and removed. The environment looks stunning visually but it’s not at all interactive as one might expect.

(Pytox) #32

Yes and also it is london, where are all the pigeons at? :smiley: