Individual merc hand to hand weapons

(Protekt1) #21

[QUOTE=Humate;478308]I dont consider melee an action that requires skill, so at least this makes it more interesting.
For mine, its better than simply dying straight up to melee.[/QUOTE]

I haven’t used melee a ton in this game yet but I know it is skill based. You need to aim it and get multiple hits to down someone. It doesn’t have a lunge with a swipe that can hit people who you aren’t even aiming at. Giving someone a stun affect would make melee more powerful and easy mode since you can just follow up with another melee without them having even a chance to dodge or move away while firing.

(Humate) #22

I have used it a bit, especially in the early alpha when it was popular :slight_smile:

As for stun being easier, not if the stun itself did zero damage and the stunner was open to double the damage output.
You would have to be picky when to pull out melee in that regard. At the moment melee is pretty boring. Replacing a knife with a cricket bat does give the game a bit of personality and humor, but gameplay wise it doesnt add anything meaningful.

(Protekt1) #23

That is probably a good thing. I’d love a FPS that is about shooting and not about knifing and spammable explosives :slight_smile:

(Humate) #24

If I had it my way, melee wouldnt be in the game at all. Like I said, doesnt take any skill.
Would prefer if it rewarded the player with a speedboost, but that request has already been declined :wink:

(DarkangelUK) #25

Pick pocket melee, instead of dealing damage you steal their gun and ammo and they’re just left with a pistol :smiley:

(Ashog) #26

Please equip Hardy with a pink slick XXXL condom to strangle-finish people!

(Smooth) #27

Alternative / unique melee weapons for characters is something that’s on the table but isn’t an urgent priority right now :slight_smile: