Idea of, how represent player experience on pubs

(spookify) #21

After every pub game I sit and wait until the attacking first side opens up and I switch teams. Makes pubs a lot more fun for me and faster. This has ultimately eliminated the full hold spawn camp right as you start. I get in and set a time and can relax in my play a little also.

With that said the Shuffle should maybe put the slightly higher skilled on Offense first aka the #1 seed on offense first haha.

(ZGToRRent) #22

[QUOTE=Szakalot;543702]that applies to both cases. If someone would go on a server wtih friends and farm 100/0 stats with 2k score/min, this would terribly screw up balance with that player for the next 25 games.

And this is a fringe scenario, the vast majority of players do not ever use these. Plus the only benefit of doing the farming is having much harder opponents (because the system would overestimate farmer’s skill)[/QUOTE]

I understand your point but I’ve never said, 25 matches are enough to predict player skill.

(Violator) #23

Have to say I agree mostly with the OP - level should be private in pubs, ranked is only where this kind of thing should matter (even then ‘level’ is pretty irrelevant). Level is pretty much just a measure of how long you’ve played, vs rank which is a measure of how many matches you have won. I don’t think level is the main factor in determining game balance after reading a few posts by SD, but its certainly the perception by a lot of players.

(AssortedStuff) #24

I’ve got a high level …but my aim is crap …I get abused because of it occasionally.
Levels are just pointless misinformation in pubs, they shouldn’t be showing.

Side note: SD has levels showing just to incentivate players to play more time to “level up”. I logically understand the decision but as an average player I cannot agree with it.

The game Blacklight Retribution had a more elegant solution, next to the player name it had ‘titles’.
One could display the level if they chose so OR they could show a title instead.

• titles were either earned every so levels and some could be bought - SEE? Monetizing opportunity right there, SD!!

(alphabeta) #25

[QUOTE=AssortedStuff;544502] The game Blacklight Retribution had a more elegant solution, next to the player name it had ‘titles’.
One could display the level if they chose so OR they could show a title instead.

• titles were either earned every so levels and some could be bought - SEE? Monetizing opportunity right there, SD!!

[/QUOTE]

I like this idea. I am pretty high level as well and am tired of being abused every time I experiment with a new merc (and don’t get 45 kills). Sometimes I just want to play for fun and not feel the need to carry team.

(Mustang) #26

MMO style “titles”, absolute genius!

Finally a compromise that I can support!

+rep

(Szakalot) #27

they worked well in QW, ambigous enough to avoid abuse, pretty enough for people to care

(Mustang) #28

Although I specifically like the idea that with titles you can choose what to have; the one that represents your level, represents your rank, represents an award you’ve unlocked, or show nothing at all. It’s kind of the best of all world’s, whilst being blingy at the same time.