[IDEA] Dome Rework

(Mustang) #21

Yup, that’s the one, the side objectives are too easy to defend/reconstruct, effectively meaning attackers have much longer travel times and/or waste time on futile secondaries.

(Szakalot) #22

just make the doors permanent - problem solved. Even with both doors open the defenders can still hold out, but it is increasingly harder; which promotes the idea of 1st obj being actually DOABLE.

(Runeforce) #23

Honestly, I don’t see many of the ‘problems’ raised in this thread as a map problem, but as ‘hordes of clueless players’ problems. Let’s see how it works over a longer period of time in competition, before making any dramatic changes.

There are SOOO many attack/defense angles, blind angles, routes etc, on the first objective, and it’s labeled as a ‘meatgrind’?

(BomBaKlaK) #24

[QUOTE=Runeforce;540916]Honestly, I don’t see any of the ‘problems’ raised in this thread as a map problem, but as a ‘hordes of clueless players’ problem. Let’s see how it works over a longer period of time in competition, before making any dramatic changes.

There are SOOO many attack/defense angles, blind angles, routes etc, on the first objective, and it’s labeled as a ‘meatgrind’?[/QUOTE]

I have to say Dome is the first DB maps without meatgrind feeling !
But there is something wrong with Travel time / secondary objective door / Pit design who make this first obj really difficult.

A lot of people don’t even know the 3rd objective, cause they never saw it …

(Mustang) #25

Well I’m also not a fan of this as mixing up mechanics on a per map basis, it may be easy to remember once you get the hang of it, but it’s also pretty confusing and doesn’t make for a well designed map/game. Not sure what the best change might be but I’d rather keep one of the doors permanently open (effectively removing one of the secondaries) and keeping the other as is, to making them both irreversible. Then again it’s a bit of a weird decision they took to make all secondaries linked to generators that made this a tricky problem in the first place.