How to get maps to show up in list?

(zakabog) #21

Ok I tried making the mapname.def and I put it all over the place, I tried the base directory, the maps directory, a defs directory, I can’t tell if I’ve got it right, the file looks right except I still can never see the map name in the create server list. And I was wondering, my friend can’t connect to the server, well it connects but he drops quickly. Is there any way to download maps from a server or something? I gave him the files (the .map, the .cm and the .proc) and put them exaclty where i had them, still didn’t work. It’s really annoying I just wanna play this map with my friends, and host it on a server (oh and why aren’t there any servers running custom maps when you use the in game browser?)

(Ouacaze) #22

Hello everybody,
I also would like to make my map appear in the maplist, but don’t manage with the .def file.
Can someone explain how to do this please ?

(the_hat) #23

i dont understand your problem?? def files are just unformated text files, make a new one, like posted above, name it yourmap.def. put it in the defs folder within your pk4 (if your to that point)

(Ouacaze) #24

Ok, thank you, it works now :wink:
but can’t join in multiplayer :frowning:

(Ouacaze) #25

zakabog, I just tried tu put my def file in base/def directory , and it works well. Don’t have to modify the .pk4 :slight_smile:

(geno) #26

Hi guys

I wrote a tutorial for making the pk4. I will finish it now…

You can find it @ http://doom3.stormcraft.nl/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=50

(Zombie13) #27

Great, now only if people would read that thread =)

Zombie

(geno) #28

it is now finished. you can read now what code have to be changed…