How long should we wait for next merc in 2018

(TheStrangerous) #21

@Dieu-Sama said:
Maps are not vertical enouth for a jetpacked merc

Yeah, that’s why I can only imagine him doing the air dash, which Androxus from Paladins does (dunno the Overwatch equivalent, sorry) and the air gliding, which is what also Androxus does.

(Sorotia) #22

@TheStrangerous said:

@Dieu-Sama said:
Maps are not vertical enouth for a jetpacked merc

Yeah, that’s why I can only imagine him doing the air dash, which Androxus from Paladins does (dunno the Overwatch equivalent, sorry) and the air gliding, which is what also Androxus does.

Granted I haven’t played OW in a while…but the only one I can think of that is close is Pharah and she is kinda like Drogoz.

Only floater I can think of is Mercy, but hard to compare since she is a healer and I’m assuming a jetpacker would be assault?

(Chris Mullins) #23

I like the idea of a Merc with a jet pack ability. Would be an interesting mechanic. We don’t have a set number of Mercs that we plan to release, but definitely don’t want to add Mercs just for the hell of it. If there is a gap in gameplay which we can fill with different and interesting mechanics, we will do so.

I wanna see a little engineer robot which you can deploy to do objectives :3 That or a Merc with throwable armed C4 (but people tell me that’s crazy) or throwable C4 which all Mercs can arm faster than normal.

(Eox) #24

@stayfreshshoe said:
I like the idea of a Merc with a jet pack ability. Would be an interesting mechanic. We don’t have a set number of Mercs that we plan to release, but definitely don’t want to add Mercs just for the hell of it. If there is a gap in gameplay which we can fill with different and interesting mechanics, we will do so.

I wanna see a little engineer robot which you can deploy to do objectives :3 That or a Merc with throwable armed C4 (but people tell me that’s crazy) or throwable C4 which all Mercs can arm faster than normal.

Wouldn’t a jetpack merc break maps though ? Remember that old Fragger grenade jump exploit ? :confused:

(asdfqwop) #25

@Eox said:

@stayfreshshoe said:

Wouldn’t a jetpack merc break maps though ? Remember that old Fragger grenade jump exploit ? :confused:

Maybe if the jetpack gets a low vertical thrust and only makes the merc glide a short distance, then it won’t be a problem?

(TheStrangerous) #26

@stayfreshshoe said:

The word of god says, it likes the idea!

Jet Trooper confirmed!

Nah, just kidding!
Think I can only imagine a 100% rotation controllable thruster sliders at best.
Not like in UT4, where you slide one way and look the other way.

UPDATE:

SPEAK OF THE DEVIL!
TF2 Pyro is getting a functional jetpack, in the upcoming Jungle Inferno update!
Well SD, you gotta step it up. Since every class based game needs a jetpack now…

(Chris Mullins) #27

@Eox said:

Very true. Guess the map guys would have a lot of work to do huehue. However it does depend on the functionality of the jet pack. Maybe it could just boost you forward or also upwards at a slight angle to prevent map issues.

(Eox) #28

@stayfreshshoe said:

@Eox said:

Very true. Guess the map guys would have a lot of work to do huehue. However it does depend on the functionality of the jet pack. Maybe it could just boost you forward or also upwards at a slight angle to prevent map issues.

Alternatively what about a merc that can teleport in short to middle range but can’t teleport vertically ? :stuck_out_tongue:

(Chris Mullins) #29

A ‘blink’ ability? Would be interesting. May be tricky to trace people though huehue

(Dysfnal) #30

As long as the dev team can come up with new and interesting mercs with minimal overlap with one another, I don’t care how many they release.

I’d personally love to see a standard type recon merc with smgs not snipers.

Also. There are some really cool merc ideas in the Merc Suggestion page, even a couple of my own that I think would be a blast to play and would shake up the game. For those of you interested, my two favorites of mine are Vex and Turner. I would plug other people’s but I can’t recall any names :confused:

(MikeGreene1990) #31

@stayfreshshoe said:

How about a merc with mobile spawn grenades? I was a fan of killzone 2 on PS3. They had various classes like medic engineer and tactician. But you were able to pick a base class and modify your second ability with another class by mixing badges =)

I used to spawn as a tactician with medic badge for packs. I made my own mobile spawn points and i healed myself with medpacks using an M82 assault rifle =) was fun. A PC game in disguise, esp with a server browser. I actually wish Guerilla would port that game over to PC.

So i say a merc with spawn grenades, and a pair of binoculars for spotting a target, allowing your team to see that target move through walls.

(TheStrangerous) #32

@MikeGreene1990 said:

How about a merc with mobile spawn grenades? I was a fan of killzone 2 on PS3. They had various classes like medic engineer and tactician. But you were able to pick a base class and modify your second ability with another class by mixing badges =)

I used to spawn as a tactician with medic badge for packs. I made my own mobile spawn points and i healed myself with medpacks using an M82 assault rifle =) was fun. A PC game in disguise, esp with a server browser. I actually wish Guerilla would port that game over to PC.

Oh no, anything but spawn grenades, KZ2 was a baser@pe sheetfest thanks to that, and many other factors…

(FishRolls) #33

How about a merc with a bow that can stick arrows in enemies and detonate them with poison gas? That way you could shoot them, wait for them to run to teammates or an aura station, and hit them all.

(MikeGreene1990) #34

@FishRolls said:
How about a merc with a bow that can stick arrows in enemies and detonate them with poison gas? That way you could shoot them, wait for them to run to teammates or an aura station, and hit them all.

That is an interesting idea, plus its another type of DOT mechanic besides fire.

(MikeGreene1990) #35

@TheStrangerous said:

@MikeGreene1990 said:

Oh no, anything but spawn grenades, KZ2 was a baser@pe sheetfest thanks to that, and many other factors…

The drawback could be that they have no spawn protection… Yea i remember ultra skilled players base raping to the point where they kept the turrets off line lol. Hail Radec Academy.

(Eox) #36

@FishRolls said:

Too close to Fletcher.

(TheWickedsin) #37

This may be a boring one but, how about an actual hybrid? Guardian is supposedly an hybrid between engi and medic but we all know that’s a little false. She doesn’t give health(fine) but she also doesn’t repair, disarm, or arm faster. Where is the engineer side? Let’s see a recon engie, or an assault medic, etc etc etc.

(Muddy Muddy Mud Nade) #38

Another recon would be nice, but if they stopped with Guardian I wouldn’t complain.

(TheStrangerous) #39

We need a countdown to 28th of November, a presumable merc release.

Ah, whatever I’ll put it under my signature!