head+weapon bob - new trailer

(Exedore) #21

Lesson the first: Don’t give us great excuses! :oppressor:

(system) #22

glad to hear this, so it wasn’t just my personal impression about shadow quality. Fancy details about the engine are always nice to know.

(DoubleDigit) #23

[QUOTE=tokamak;202446]Also cue on the new combat system.

From what I see. Hitting someone in melee knocks the person over, then this person needs time to get up before he gets finished off.[/QUOTE]

Yep, and any weapon can be used to melee, sweet.

(darthmob) #24

[QUOTE=DoubleDigit;202483]Yep, and any weapon can be used to melee, sweet.[/QUOTE]I wonder if you can hold a grenade in your hand and hit someone with it. :smiley:

(DarkangelUK) #25

Or instant kill melee weapons… knife perhaps.

(darthmob) #26

[QUOTE=DarkangelUK;202508]Or instant kill melee weapons… knife perhaps.[/QUOTE]Locki mentioned backstabs as a counter against the heavy body type when playing with the light one.

A Call of Duty style knife attack may be pretty overpowered with all the running, sliding and vaulting.

(Rahdo) #27

[QUOTE=kilL_888;202431]well, its not only the pistol bob. its the head bob thats even more annoying and could be a problem for people who easily get motion sickness.

i hope at least you guys keep the console in so that i can alter the bobbing, like in any other id powered game.

you know, it will be the small things that make a game fail. and for me the particular bobbing showed in the video was such a small thing.

btw. this is no whine. this is more of a fan screaming, HEY, plz change this.[/QUOTE]
oh yeah, i definitely believe head bob should be a game setting to turn on and off, no doubt :slight_smile:

(DarkangelUK) #28

[QUOTE=darthmob;202509]Locki mentioned backstabs as a counter against the heavy body type when playing with the light one.

A Call of Duty style knife attack may be pretty overpowered with all the running, sliding and vaulting.[/QUOTE]

Yeah as a stand alone option then it’d be too much, but swapping it out as a weapon like you do in ET:QW could be better… you’ve got a powerful weapon but at risk of being exposed with no gun in hand.

(Ragoo) #29

From Rahdo’s youtube channel comment board thing:

ronno, when you’ve got a pistol equipped, your other hand is reserved for the knife, for instant melee kills instead of the normal melee knockdowns you can do when you’re holding two handed weapons (by hitting them with the butt of your rifle).

Imo that is something fresh and new I really like (:

(DarkangelUK) #30

I like, i like

(tokamak) #31

How about a sliding scale?

(Diablo85) #32

It was that way in ET and ET:QW. In your config you could edit the bob to turn it totally off. I always did that. Hope it will be possible again. :slight_smile:

(Mustang) #33

The pistol bob was pmsl
I was thinking the whole time that Locki was doing some wrist exercises to keep his blood flowing
And it definately felt scripted, like a looping action that didn’t take into account player direction movement at all
Glad to hear it’s been fixed

Looking forward to some more juicy vids