hardware specs to run d3?

(kat) #21

Nifty man, although I’m not really into conversions, I only found this out cause a guy wanted to make some q3 map in d3

Yeah me neither, I only found out 'coz I was being lazy and just wanted some brushwork in D3Ed to fiddle around with…!! It works quite well though providing everything Quake 3 related is stripped out of the map.

(ratty redemption) #22

yeah the only maps I would be converting to d3 would be my own, although I don`t personally see anything wrong with other mappers converting well known offical maps from other game, if they give credit to the original mappers and or developers.

(Zombie13) #23

The only problem I see with converting maps from another game to d3 is, they don’t work very well really, cause the maps are built for that particular game you are converting from, eg a q3 map does not work in d3, cause the gameplay is completely different :slight_smile:

Z

(ratty redemption) #24

ah, understood, that does makes sense, especially as et and ja mp maps can have a lot more players at any one time performing different objectives compared with the less populated d3 mp, yes?

what about sp conversions, can you imagine they would be more suited to d3?

Im actually a sp mapper at heart, I dont even play mp, but Ive teamed up with gerbil who makes large et mp maps, although Im only doing the terrain and water, hes designing the buildings and gameplay, which personally I dont know much about.