Hardware bans maybe?

(Idiophobia) #21

Take your pick there’s several areas they can get this list:

1. google
  2. yahoo
  3. asking anyone
  4. asking random strangers near the highway
  5. everyone knows this **** except you, how come?
  6. duckduckgo

(Bloodbite) #22

[QUOTE=ispellcorrectly;536085]…
Bypassing a hardware ban is an advanced user’s forte, telling them on this forum and how to do it just gives them the easy tools to do it! Well done.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily. Creating a hack tool requires skill… using it involves a basic understanding of how to Alt-TAB and so forth. Kids that have taken it upon themselves to use hack tools… and to have found a working one in the first place that hasn’t infected and killed their system, have developed enough technical skill to track down yet another tool that may give them the appearance of being a little more skilled and sophisticated.

Trying to limit the meta footprint on the entire internet by pretending it doesn’t exist is entirely counter-productive to the issue. It’s like trying not to mention how easily the DRMs of yore could be bypassed/hacked/removed while trying to discuss the problem in a sensible and logical manner… out of fear of encouraging it?

Someone determined to cheat will get there in the end no matter how hard it is to find. Those that are casual about it will be dissuaded simply by the amount of toxic, worm riddled code that won’t just kill their OS (like the ole days), but steal all of their account/financial/etc information… and you know what… have at it.

The risk for the careless, casual hacker is so apocalyptic in terms of hardcore identity theft, perhaps we should be making a link list for them :tongue:

(ispellcorrectly) #23

I ain’t saying any of your points made aren’t true. I am just saying, when a subject like this is brought up on a website which WILL show on google first, don’t give people the extra help. I believe this type of conversation should stay private as there are a lot of people who don’t know. Just because you think you know, it doesn’t mean everybody else knows it’s even possible. It doesn’t need to be broadcast on every single thread it comes up in.

Hardware bans are a good idea! Infact, I challenge you to find a game, old or new, one you wouldn’t play, get a hardware ban and then bypass it, I am curious to see if the ones who say it’s easy, can actually do what you say you can. Basically, put your money where you mouth is.

Though, I suggested in another post about updates every 1-2 days as it takes the developers of cheats that long to fix their client.

(ispellcorrectly) #24

[QUOTE=Mustang;536042]I think stealth6 is saying that when the hacker complains to the guy they bought the hack from that they got hardware banned then the creator will just tell them to run another tool to spoof their hwid.

I find it quite silly to assume that people wouldn’t figure out how to do this, much better to just accept the client can’t be trusted and implement anti-cheat server side.[/QUOTE]

I didn’t see this, I am sorry. You’re correct. Although Getting a ban on a game scares people. Not the hardcore people, the people who’re clued up, but I have a friend who cheated, received a VAC ban and he had to purchase his games again, that was enough to stop him from cheating again!

Advertising that a person can get around something on a game’s developer forums isn’t good practice, no matter how good of a point you may have.
You might as well go and advertise for the paid cheats!

FYI - I know all about cheats, how they work and what they do. I used to run several of my own servers and have been a member of several anti-cheat communities in the past.

Hardware bans haven’t been used in such a long time, when I started gaming, there wasn’t as many cheats about and when they became popular, the hardware ban was ruled out. This is why I don’t know about bypassing them. But then again, another innocent bystander has been informed, so you’ve given me a free pass to cheat on a game that bans hardware. :slight_smile: thank you.

(Amerika) #25

Most cheat providers who provide a cheat for an AC solution that can and will hardware ban you will also provide an easy method to modify your own hardware ID’s either at the OS level or at the network packet level.

Hardware ID bans are nothing more than a false sense of security.

There are a number of ways, beyond AC client solutions, that allows a game to remove as many cheaters from the pool as possible. Level requirement being much higher, making sure the Steam account is at least a few weeks old (not sure if this is even exposed to query), requiring a small purchase to have been made on the Steam account (not in DB necessarily and this, again, might not be exposed), an actual anti-cheat that adapts and reacts quickly that doesn’t violate privacy laws or rights (or perceived rights…avoid the reddit rangers going nuts), middleware software that red flags events that are out of line (getting mostly headshots or having crazy high accuracy…this would need to be pretty granular though), a quick and easy reporting system for players, a demo system and of course a responsive support team.

Put all of those things together and you get a somewhat effective anti-cheat effort. It won’t be perfect but if you believe any anti-cheat effort is perfect then see what I said about false senses of security above.

(Raga) #26

please do something is realy impossible to play. this night 5 matches and 3 times cheaters…
this game will die soon without a good anticheat or solution

(AssortedStuff) #27

Today there was a cheater who kept changing his IGN during the match. Even to coordinate a votekick was a struggle.

(Phantomchan) #28

[QUOTE=AssortedStuff;536382]Today there was a cheater who kept changing his IGN during the match. Even to coordinate a votekick was a struggle.

[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the wonderful world of every Nexon game ever made :smiley:

(Tanzverbot) #29

This guy is using that name changing/aimbot thing too.

(x3mytiz) #30

And same did this idiot…

(stealth6) #31

Had another crazy idea:

Vouch system. You need to vouch for another user before they can play competitive. If you vouch for a hacker and he’s caught then you get a strike on your account. Three strikes and you also get banned.

(Szakalot) #32

thats too crazy; why punish people who don’t have online friends, lol

(Syd) #33

clearly you guys don’t remember the end result of hardware bans with ETPro.

because the hardware ids can be spoofed cheats came out that could steal other peoples hardware guids and they would be banned.