gib change suggestions

(Kroad) #21

gibbing should honestly require half the damage it does now (maybe a bit of a brutal change at first ofc, gradually lowering it would be better), it’s ridiculous that kills don’t count just because the guy you shot falls with his head away from you. It’s especially hard if say you’re playing a weaker class and take down a fragger, taking the fragger down is already pretty hard but he also has a ****ton of health when downed which means it’ll take a long time to gib him.

Problem is even worse with sparks in the game, played scrims vs pkd with sparks in and the “shoot medic first” option no longer even exists, if I’m not in knifing range then he just gets revived.

(Protekt1) #22

I’d love to see some mechanics that interfere with a medic’s ability to revive effectively, without taking revive off the table as an important tool in team fights. That is the underlying reason I started the thread. I think making gibbing easier, in the way smooth talked about, seems like a step towards making gibbing plain easier - which might alleviate issues people are concerned about.

Getting rid of the excessive movement is also a big deal imo.

But I also think there is room for at least reduced health upon revival. Maybe the headshot thing is too complicated to be worth it. And the attrition thing might as well be too complicated and difficult to convey easily. But on the other hand, I think gibbing someone like 90% of the way to then get him revived to full hp with revive immunity… just kinda sucks. I don’t think it needs to be all or nothing, in the way the system works now.

I’d love to see some mechanics introduced, but if not mechanics then abilities. Maybe one character auto-gibs characters they have downed after 5 seconds. Like poisonous bullets.

(Szakalot) #23

You can always nerf medic’s defib speed, requiring more charge up/dead time after revive/revive cooldowns etc. etc.

(Protekt1) #24

I like how medics can go around crazy and revive without CD. I think that is something that makes them special. And it also leaves opportunity to make other characters special in giving them ways to reduce their effectiveness.

For example, an assault merc with the poisoned mag ability. On a cooldown, the assault class changes his current mag to a poisoned round magazine. It won’t be up all the time due to a cooldown. It adds a DOT that doesn’t stack to each shot. If you kill with the poisoned round, they are auto-gibbed in like 3 seconds. The dot itself adds some damage but since it doesn’t stack it can be a decent amount, it it will interrupt healing or maybe healing removes the dot. There is opportunity to balance that many ways.