Friendly Projectile Collision

(Szakalot) #21

imo nothing would happen, the anti-griefing system is already in place

(PixelTwitch) #22

[QUOTE=fubar;539231]While I agree with the rest of your statement, this is not an issue. At all. If anything it promotes proper placement and positioning and gives you an extra layer of “abuse”. I love trapping people with ammo/healing stations or even turrets. Please don’t take it away from me :([/QUOTE] I just mean for your team as it would help prevent greifing and also just make the game a little smoother when placing.

(poiuasd) #23

It doesn’t cover stuff like intentional bodyblocking and when Turtle comes out it could get even worse. But nobody knows until you see it in practise and I don’t have anything against having a bunch of pub servers with FF on collision enabled.

(Szakalot) #24

there will always be ways to piss off your teammates if you are intent on spoiling the game. Imo, rather than worry about those scenarios better focus on making the game normal and less spammy = ff ON.

(DarkangelUK) #25

Leave collision on regardless. It’s already bad enough when you round a corner into two enemies, but the fact you can’t even use the guy in front as a bullet sponge for the guy behind makes 2 v 1 even more hopeless.

(Demolama) #26

[QUOTE=riptide;539224]@demolama Sniper bullets have penetration, regardless of friendly or enemy models.

[/QUOTE]

I understand that but bullets don’t penetrate walls… so why should they penetrate teammates? With this change, now all insta-gib weapons have an even greater advantage

(riptide) #27

Not sure if serious.

(Demolama) #28

meaning… just because they are coded to penetrate friendly players while ff is off doesn’t mean it was a good idea

(riptide) #29

It’s always been that way, at least for enemy models. I’ve gotten plenty of double headshots, it happens quite frequently on 8v8 chapels while defending. Because the terrain and merc size/speed line them up perfectly.

Since it goes through enemy models, it should go through friendly models. Which means your comment isn’t relevant to this thread. You should create a new thread with your hate towards snipers gibbing and the general power of snipers which you clearly disagree with.

(Demolama) #30

This thread is about collision. I’m just voicing my opinion that rather making more friendly crap go through teammates that I believe that nothing should go through them. That is on topic

(DarkangelUK) #31

[QUOTE=riptide;539282]Your comment isn’t relevant to this thread though. It’s always been that way, at least for enemy models. I’ve gotten plenty of double headshots, it happens quite frequently on 8 player chapels while defending. Because the terrain lines them up perfectly.

You should create a new thread with your hate towards snipers gibbing and the general power of snipers that you clearly disagree with.[/QUOTE]

I can’t quite gauge your stance so I pose a scenario. You and a team mate turn a corner in a narrow hallway inside a building and there’s an enemy there, your team mate is in front and you are behind. Your team mate engages and so do you, but he’s in the way so most of your bullets hit him in the back… is it fair that double the bullets hit the enemy and his position advantage is negated because of a design choice therefore his chances of downing the guy in front is severely diminished? Your team mate is simply a visual inconvenience and you can shoot away at the enemy causing damage knowing fine well his concentration is focused on your team mate in front.

(Demolama) #32

Yup, an instagib sniper using teammates as meatsheilds is now joined by nader, fragger and fletcher… everyone wins… except those on the recieving end who have no chance to stop them

(DarkangelUK) #33

Honestly this question should never have been posed, of course team mates should cause collision with all projectiles, bullets or otherwise.

(riptide) #34

This thread is on FRIENDLY collision. What you are asking about is a mechanic change beyond that. Which is directly related to snipers and that is a different topic entirely.

If there is no enemy collision, basic logic says there should be no friendly collision. Thanks for understanding.

He is talking about sniper bullets, which go through enemies too. This means he has a problem with bullets going through any model. Clearly, it’s not a friendly collision situation but a sniper situation.

(DarkangelUK) #35

Ah ok, in which case sniper bullets should have the same diminishing return through friendlies as they do through enemies. I honestly don’t know, is there a damage fall off when a sniper bullet passes through one enemy and hits a 2nd?