free wek end is over and...

(Kurushi) #21

[QUOTE=Oz70NYC;367177]

In summary, the PC version of Brink failed to deliver simply on account that PC FPS game players have experienced games that full four course meals, where as Brink offer table scraps by comparison to those games… But for us console players, Brink is more like good pizza, not what you call a stellar meal, but definitely hits the spot where it counts, seeing as we’ve yet to have anything even close to a four course meal on our end of the FPS spectrum.[/QUOTE]

The PC has had ‘barebones’ multiplayer FPS for years and years. PC users are used to this. It’s more the console players that couldn’t get their head around getting a multiplayer only game with a pretend single player tacked on.

SD kept out the crap and made it all about the MP, I don’t know what the problem is

(coolstory) #22

[QUOTE=Kurushi;367184]The PC has had ‘barebones’ multiplayer FPS for years and years. PC users are used to this. It’s more the console players that couldn’t get their head around getting a multiplayer only game with a pretend single player tacked on.

SD kept out the crap and made it all about the MP, I don’t know what the problem is[/QUOTE]

The problem? SD forgot that brink was supposed to be an FPS and made the gun play boring and instead the game is about pressing the F key or holding sprint.

(Anneliese Stone) #23

the gameplay feels pretty simplistic, but the way the game was portrayed i thought it would have been a little…more complex.

i’m not liking this whole sprint/constant SMART, i end up trying to climb an obstacle when i was just trying to run away. i wish they could separate them into 2 different keys so it would be less frustrating to use.

(Nexolate) #24

That still happens to me too! You actually keep sprinting if you let go of the button as long as you’re holding forward, it’s just most people are used to keeping it held down to keep sprinting.

Regards,
Nexo

(zenstar) #25

[QUOTE=Nexolate;367214]That still happens to me too! You actually keep sprinting if you let go of the button as long as you’re holding forward, it’s just most people are used to keeping it held down to keep sprinting.

Regards,
Nexo[/QUOTE]

Yeah. If you just want to sprint tehn just tap the Smart/sprint button. Only hold it down if you want to vault / slide. It takes a little getting used to. but once you are used to it it makes a big difference to movement.

(Anneliese Stone) #26

[QUOTE=Nexolate;367214]That still happens to me too! You actually keep sprinting if you let go of the button as long as you’re holding forward, it’s just most people are used to keeping it held down to keep sprinting.

Regards,
Nexo[/QUOTE]

i need to try that, thanks :slight_smile:

(sanDIOkan) #27

[QUOTE=Kurushi;367105]To OP, haven’t you noticed they’ve been fixing Brink since launch?
?[/QUOTE]

no i didnt
still i have 1 crosshair and still i cant make a record of my matches
i styill cant pause a match and i still cant disable to auto pilot
Sound disappears, tmates disappear, fps drop
i still dont get what i aim .

What are they fixing?

[QUOTE=pinion120;367123]The free weekend is over and thousands are still playing the game.

/thread[/QUOTE]

thousand? millions!!!

(light_sh4v0r) #28

This is what I do but it doesn’t really work. When you walk over a bump the sprint cancels and you have to hit shift again.

(xdc) #29

brinks SMART movement isnt as it was hyped to be. take a look at a game that’s been done before brink was announced:

compare that to brink and understand why PC players don’t enjoy console gameplay

(Ix LP xI) #30

If you’re going to make the game free, do like TF2 and make the DLC free to those who paid.

Not sure how this is going to work on consoles, other than a marketplace/PSN download. Even then, not everyone has a big hard drive to store the game.

[QUOTE=xdc;367310]brinks SMART movement isnt as it was hyped to be. take a look at a game that’s been done before brink was announced:

compare that to brink and understand why PC players don’t enjoy console gameplay[/QUOTE]

If the gameplay was still the same shown in the video, the game would be tons better.

(Kendle) #31

[QUOTE=xdc;367310]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ip-wYFXgIo&feature=related
[/QUOTE]

LOL, pretty cruel to compare Brink to UrT, which had wall-jumping, power-sliding, climbing, strafe-jumping years before Brink was ever conceived (and all done with just sprint + jump + crouch keys), you’ll have people believing Brinks SMART system isn’t quite as “innovative” as they’d like you to think. :smiley:

(Pelendran) #32

[QUOTE=Ix LP xI;367314]If you’re going to make the game free, do like TF2 and make the DLC free to those who paid.

Not sure how this is going to work on consoles, other than a marketplace/PSN download. Even then, not everyone has a big hard drive to store the game.[/QUOTE]

It wont work for consoles, at least, the 360. Not unless they do what they did with Agents (Available Free for a set time, costs money afterwards). Microsoft won’t allow Free DLC w/ Achievements. Its for the most part why Valve never could update TF2 on the 360, and why the L4D2 DLC costs on the 360 when its free everywhere else.

(coolstory) #33

[QUOTE=xdc;367310]brinks SMART movement isnt as it was hyped to be. take a look at a game that’s been done before brink was announced:

compare that to brink and understand why PC players don’t enjoy console gameplay[/QUOTE]

Is the game still alive?

(Ix LP xI) #34

A BFBC2-esque model would work. No online pass, but you get the new maps free if you bought it new or you pay (10$) to be able to download the new maps. Oh, and make Gamestop drop the price like crazy. Another impossible step. :confused:

It’s a tad late to implement this sort of thing, if it’s possible at all.

(Kurushi) #35

Are you the same guy that thought FPS was boring because you just point and click? :slight_smile:

An average day through your eyes must be bewildering, I can’t even begin to imagine :stuck_out_tongue:

(Kurushi) #36

[QUOTE=sanDIOkan;367273]no i didnt
still i have 1 crosshair and still i cant make a record of my matches
i styill cant pause a match and i still cant disable to auto pilot
Sound disappears, tmates disappear, fps drop
i still dont get what i aim .

What are they fixing?

thousand? millions!!![/QUOTE]

That’s not really what I asked is it

This forum. Seriously. LOL. I don’t know if I’m safer inside or out

(Nail) #37

Tried the game first time on free weekend, actually there was only 15 hours left when I found out, had little hopes as I just have a ATI 4350, surprise, surprise, worked a charm. Only got to play about an hour, but had no problems whatsoever, found walking speed a little slow, but not unreasonable. Shooting was fine, took a couple minutes to get used to spread, but could headshot fairly well soon enough. Good game, I might buy it

(RGS) #38

I’m very pleased with Brink on the PC + I am a fussy PC gamer who hates shoddy console ports (seriously). Brink really doesn’t feel like that to me. The only thing I notice is that some of the UI icons could be a little higher res, but then I game on a 30 inch monitor so tend to notice these things more than most.

I’ve had very bad experiences with ATI/AMD cards in the past and won’t buy from them again. The game runs flawlessly on my GTX480 @ 2560x160 despite the rest of my rig being a few years old.

EDIT: Actually one thing I can think of that I don’t like/is ‘un-PC’ is the default FoV of 70. Thankfully though this can be easily and permanently changed. I’d like to go with 90, but using 85 as any higher distorts your arms + weapons too much IMO (+ you get some clipping with certain weapon/outfit combos too).

(Sanch3z) #39

(PC) the free weekend was sweet and the new DLC makes the game feel much more complete. I stopped playing Brink about 2 weeks after it came out mostly due to having other things to do and partially due to being uninterested. Anywho I like that more content was added for free and I loved seeing tons of people playing online and had a blast playing over the weekend. I cant say I will stick around if online player numbers dwindle to the level they were pre dlc/ free weekend which is too bad since I think this is actually a decent game. I just dont have the patience to deal with a game where it is hard to find a good game online.

MORE FREE WEEKENDS PLEASE! More content is good too… Its too bad that Brink is and will be held back from its potential by Bethesda.

(sanDIOkan) #40

Atm 8:19 am

1. 37,354 ---------------- 68,902 ------------- Team Fortress 2
  2. 973 ------------------ 10,125 -------------- BRINK

And i knoiw, TF2 is free but there are 27 more games between tf2 and brink and they are all pay games…