Fragger with M4

(LiNkzr) #21

I agree with PixelTwitch that some mercs don’t feel unique enough and on top of that costs way too much compared to what you actually get in terms of “uniqueness”. Currently with the content and the system we have game feels really tedious to play.

(BAMFana) #22

Agree with this. I was disappointed when they added the loadout card system (with different weapons) which I felt watered out the differences between mercs.

Overwatch seems to have nailed the unique aspect, but I’m skeptical about the gameplay. Is there even any information available on BlueStreak?

(Ashog) #23

My feeling is that Fragger’s M4 has a notch too high spread at midrange. But yeah, its weakness compared to LMG is balanced by augments nicely.

(Protekt1) #24

I like that they chose the loadout system as is. A long ass time ago I suggested that they steer away from full customization and go with set ups similar to this to avoid people just picking all the best of the best. And I think they have done a good job with the loadout system.

I don’t get the hate here. If someone wants to use a big higher hp, but slower guy with an AR, why not? You aren’t making yourself stronger by doing so. So imo it is fair. You can’t change weapons mid-round, so once you learn what your opponent is using, you can then adapt your strategy as you see fit.

It also makes it so playing a different role can be more open to players. Hypothetically, if my team needs an engineer, but I dislike shotguns, I’ll never play engineer if there isn’t a SMG option. Does that SMG option make the engineer too good? Certainly not. And this is actually the system that was used in ET/RTCW with a twist with the augments. Each class had multiple weapon choices, although still limited. I personally like this.

You don’t know the exact weapon your opponent is using? So what. Battles shouldn’t be about certainty. You should be able to surprise or pull a one over on someone. How dull would it be to know exactly what your opponent is using and likely to do every time you identify which character they are using. You have to account for the possibility of 1 or 2 other weapons? Holy crap. That is nothing to cry about. And it isn’t even a bad thing. Accounting for unknowns actually increases the skill cap. And they may or may not know exactly what your set up is either, so it isn’t like they’re at a huge advantage necessarily.

edit:
Also, here is the thread I made over 2 years ago before they even talked about the direction the game was going. We had 5 mercs, 5 set weapons, no augments, no clue how monetization was going to happen…

http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/35539-preset-classes-versus-customized-loadouts

And to quote a dev at the time:

(PixelTwitch) #25

Most people don’t have a MAJOR issue with loadouts being as they are…
People have an issue with getting the loadout in the first place being completely RNG…

(Szakalot) #26

hopefully weapon choice will be separated from RNG one way or another