Fed up with continual losing

(Violator) #21

I was more than a bit drunk when I wrote the OP :). It is a more recent thing though, in closed beta I was winning more than losing - I actually find S/W mode worse for this sort of ‘stacking’ than obj mode, it just seems that most of the time the opposing team is organised and my team doesn’t know where to go, or turtles in their own spawn on attack (I’ve tried ‘motivational’ knifing to get them to move etc. ;)). Sometimes I will have win streaks if I end up on a balanced server. It seems rarer to be in the other situation - my team is organised and the other one isn’t.

The level 10+ servers are great though, but very hard to get on :(. It is rare to find anyone over level 10 in the regular servers :(.

[QUOTE=ispellcorrectly;535683]A lot of the time attitude has a lot to do with your game play!

Positive mental attitude will mostly make you play better, because you’re a confident player.

I don’t bother about the team anymore, I get put on the bad side all the time… could be something to do with me being level 19… and the average being 5-6-7… So I just turn it into a personal deathmatch.[/QUOTE]
tbh I end up doing that a bit, but the fun for me is teamwork + the objective side of things.

(ispellcorrectly) #22

For the love of god, please don’t make stats public.

(tokamak) #23

Maybe dynamic incentives could solve this. Increase the rewarding stake if occupations aren’t filled.

(mti_) #24

[QUOTE=NeroKirbus;535711]It’s a less serious mode which allows you to practice new strats, characters, and 5 vs 5’s in general.

The reason why I played League of Legends for so long (6 years) is not having to find a server or anything. It chose the opponents for me, it made it effortless to find matches. I would love something like this in DB, as servers die real quickly at times.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like ladder anxiety to me. I think there is a good reason CS decided not to do that either. It would lead to lower level players opting out of competitive play which would in turn hurt the “grooming” of new comp players. Especially with way lower numbers I think they can not afford to have a 5v5 queue for people apprehensive about being lower rank or losing rank.

(NeroKirbus) #25

That may be so, but many players just don’t want to worry about rank, but still play the same game mode as “pro” players. That’s why the e-sports scene is so big (and really stupid) with MOBAs. “Oh, I just watched a pro do this with this character, I’m going to try it out and hinder the team!” It gets really annoying when players attempt to recreate plays in a ranked match, where there is no platform to practice other than pub servers, where the variables are vastly different when a single player is added.

It would also allow new players be able to play with friends much easier at first, as it would not make sense to level restrict such a queue.

The population may not be right for this idea, but if it does balloon it would be nice to see an addition to it. As long as there is an easier way to play with m8s without having to continually search for servers, I’ll be happy. I get so sick of jumping from server to server after a few times.

(mti_) #26

[QUOTE=NeroKirbus;535748]That may be so, but many players just don’t want to worry about rank, but still play the same game mode as “pro” players. That’s why the e-sports scene is so big (and really stupid) with MOBAs. “Oh, I just watched a pro do this with this character, I’m going to try it out and hinder the team!” It gets really annoying when players attempt to recreate plays in a ranked match, where there is no platform to practice other than pub servers, where the variables are vastly different when a single player is added.

It would also allow new players be able to play with friends much easier at first, as it would not make sense to level restrict such a queue.

The population may not be right for this idea, but if it does balloon it would be nice to see an addition to it. As long as there is an easier way to play with m8s without having to continually search for servers, I’ll be happy. I get so sick of jumping from server to server after a few times.[/QUOTE]

Lets be honest there is only so much experimentation you can do. At the end of the day you shoot people and have up to 2 class abilities.

But I get you. There should be a way to play with friends and not be shuffled out of the same time all the time. Just introducing a MM queue for unranked would probably mean that a lot less people get into comp. At the end of the day there is nothing wrong with starting out in the lower ranks and working your way up. Gotta shake off that ladder anxiety.

(Loki.) #27

I like the idea, sadly i dont think it will do much.
imo many players choose the toon they are comfortable with and not whats needed for that map/objective…
too many want to sit back and snipe or lob nades or just call down arty… afraid to jump into the fight i guess, maybe its stats related?

personally could care a less if I go 1/100, as long as the EV gets to were it needs to be :wink:
(it does get old when you have no medic, in support, i will admit that :mad: )

Not everyone is like this, but most are… and thats just the nature of the game… been that way since RTCW

(mti_) #28

[QUOTE=Loki.;535789]I like the idea, sadly i dont think it will do much.
imo many players choose the toon they are comfortable with and not whats needed for that map/objective…
too many want to sit back and snipe or lob nades or just call down arty… afraid to jump into the fight i guess, maybe its stats related? [/QUOTE]

This, I fear, will get even worse when the advanced stats are implemented. Dont get me wrong, I would like nothing more than to see ET style damage given and received, acc %, number of hs, total obj xp earned and all that good stuff at the end of the round. Should the stats however be something along the lines of BF’s battlelog, aka life time stats I fear people will reduce things down to K/D and go for objectives even less. Lets hope SD takes this opportunity to keep “advanced stats” limited to the game you just played and uses them to give incentives and “a pat on the back” for people playing for objective.

(Raviolay) #29

That’s not going to work, if you are the only one who has took a medic as a choice though now is it :slight_smile:

(Chux) #30

Agree with mti. Stats should be only on a single game basis and not globally visible and recorded. Global stats would only encourage people to farm the stats and care for nothing else. The only thing that should be displayed is overall wins/loses I guess. That may give players some motivation to try to win for a change.

(Phantomchan) #31

Atleast don’t show K/D during a match and whatnot, just show it when the match is over. Just how it’s now.
I personally think this is an awesome mechanic by itself, as people now moreso worry about scoring the most points (and be of huge value for their team) rather than having the highest K/D during a match/overall.

(Szakalot) #32

[QUOTE=Phantomchan;536051]Atleast don’t show K/D during a match and whatnot, just show it when the match is over. Just how it’s now.
I personally think this is an awesome mechanic by itself, as people now moreso worry about scoring the most points (and be of huge value for their team) rather than having the highest K/D during a match/overall.[/QUOTE]

except that the best way to score highest is to go for killing streaks.

(AssortedStuff) #33

I have a very average aim (unfortunately) but I usually score very well when I play FO and hand out ammo like there is no tomorrow
…shh, don’t tell this to the newbies

(Szakalot) #34

[QUOTE=AssortedStuff;536163]I have a very average aim (unfortunately) but I usually score very well when I play FO and hand out ammo like there is no tomorrow
…shh, don’t tell this to the newbies[/QUOTE]

sure; you can get nice xp from spamming ammo liek no tomorrow, but scoring multiple aces is where 40k+ xp is at

(NoSoup4U) #35

Any chance to see these individual player stats on a website in the future? Or maybe just your own stats?

(alphabeta) #36

BTW while we’re at it, can we get a practice server? Some way an individual can explore the maps or practice? Right now you cannot roam maps without opposing players being present. I have noticed players doing some awesome trick jumps lately into places I didn’t realize were accessible. However I cannot practice them without getting some clanmates to join a server. And then of course some idiot joins, starts killing all of us while we are practicing (no matter how many times we tell them we are just practicing). Please?

(Szakalot) #37

you can run maps offline, for now;

console command ‘switchlevel’; you’re gonna have to search the forum for names of maps though