Execution mode live this weekend

(ShaD) #41

in my opinion will work better with 1 bomb that can be picked up. Will give more tactical feeling to the game mode.

(Wolven) #42

I really like Execution mode. I’ve never played CS, but I’ve been playing the Quake 3/Live mode CaptureStrike (CTFS) for many years and Execution really appeals to me. It’s fast and you’ve got to be smart about your in-game decisions as you don’t re-spawn. I like that you can revive team mates since this adds another layer of team play to it and it makes medics a useful class. The whole mode is a nice change of pace from Objective and Stopwatch. I really hope you develop this mode further.

The map is also really good. It has a nice flow and having two objectives makes the game more interesting and forces you to use much more of the map and not just rush towards that single objective and duke it out there. I think the map size and the layout supports team sizes of 5 - 7 very well, not too cramp and not to spacious.

I’m really going to miss playing Execution after this weekend, so I hope you bring it back again soon.

(tokamak) #43

That’s similar to CS:GO.

The thing is, CS:GO doesn’t have objective mode like DB has. If Execution is more about surviving as a team than completing the objective then it is also more distinct to the other modes in DB.

So in that sense I think that, for now, it helps to see the Execution objectives as a way to keep a bit of pressure on the players and prevent the game from slowing down.

(Bloodbite) #44

Come to think of it, Insurgency comes to mind. The bomb planter is only equipped with a pistol, and is also the VIP that if he dies before planting or eliminating the defending team, you lose. Can’t remember what that mode is called off the top of my head…

… but the idea of a side-arm only bomb carrier in the DB setting could be interesting. A great deal more punishing than anything experienced thus far in DB I’m sure.

(Szakalot) #45

[QUOTE=Bloodbite;527188]Come to think of it, Insurgency comes to mind. The bomb planter is only equipped with a pistol, and is also the VIP that if he dies before planting or eliminating the defending team, you lose. Can’t remember what that mode is called off the top of my head…

… but the idea of a side-arm only bomb carrier in the DB setting could be interesting. A great deal more punishing than anything experienced thus far in DB I’m sure.[/QUOTE]

Execution could definitely benefit from a mechanic that makes one player unique, bomb-carrier, VIP, etc. Would promote the stick-together gamestyle more, in which the game shines the most.

(scre4m.) #46

biggest bull**** gamemode I have played in a while.

If you want to have success by copying counter-strike, good luck!

(BioSnark) #47

If there are other execution maps with different objectives, that’s cool, but I definitely don’t need to see a VIP/bomb carrier on the current map. There are obvious benefits to sticking with a team and some benefit to being lower profile.

(tokamak) #48

Yeah. And because the mode is already asymmetrical anyway you don’t have to worry that much about what the winning chances on each side are.

Biosnark makes a valid point as well though. The more complicated the rules become, the less variety you’ll see in the modes. Right now there’s still many ways to win Execution. If you narrow it further to VIPs and carriers then you end with more similar rounds.

(Szakalot) #49

[QUOTE=tokamak;527196]Yeah. And because the mode is already asymmetrical anyway you don’t have to worry that much about what the winning chances on each side are.

Biosnark makes a valid point as well though. The more complicated the rules become, the less variety you’ll see in the modes. Right now there’s still many ways to win Execution. If you narrow it further to VIPs and carriers then you end with more similar rounds.[/QUOTE]

many ways to win execution?

• blow up obj or kill everybody / defuse c4 or kill everybody

as opposed to

• deliver obj or kill everybody
  • kill everybody or kill one character.

Don’t really see what you are getting at

(Szakalot) #50

Map is a little too big for teams to split. There is almost always enough area to engage the enemy in that you don’t get punished for a 7-player stack on one choke enough.

Execution on smaller maps, or maps with more **** in the way (atm. overground is just walls & windows, very few in-game objects serving as cover) would likely punish 7 player armies more.

(DarkangelUK) #51

[QUOTE=scre4m.;527193]biggest bull**** gamemode I have played in a while.

If you want to have success by copying counter-strike, good luck![/QUOTE]

Wow, some people really take offence to choice and multiple modes existing, like that somehow stops OBJ/SW being played.

I’m really liking Execution, needs some timing tweaks. Not sure how it would feel with a single C4 like S&D but would be interesting to try it.

(ShaD) #52

[QUOTE=tokamak;527157]That’s similar to CS:GO.

The thing is, CS:GO doesn’t have objective mode like DB has. If Execution is more about surviving as a team than completing the objective then it is also more distinct to the other modes in DB.

So in that sense I think that, for now, it helps to see the Execution objectives as a way to keep a bit of pressure on the players and prevent the game from slowing down.[/QUOTE]

The only thing i disliked is all cant plant c4 on objective. make the gamemode less tactical and more random.

(tokamak) #53

I mean that under simple objective conditions the metagame will oscillate rapidly between the objective and finishing the team. Putting in objectives that have more specific objectives will narrow that down. You can see that happen in CS GO as well.