ET, Radient, and Windows 7

(IndyJones) #21

[QUOTE=valkyr;203569]Yeah, it doesn’t come with ET support built in. You need the ‘et.game’ and ‘games’ folders from the Radiant ET game pack.

I’m not sure where you could find a single download package of that… which is one of the reasons I’ve put together a map development pack (select it from the menu).

Download and extract it, and copy the files in the ‘radiant’ folder to your NetRadiant folder and everything in ‘etmain’ to your etmain folder.[/QUOTE]

i can’t unpack the 7zip file. it says that compression method is unknown, both for newest winrar and 7zip. help?

(valkyr) #22

Ah yeah, I did notice that the other day… it’s the beta version of 7zip (9.10) you need.

(stealth6) #23

so… I installed windows 7 …

As the ‘…’ say I’m not completely happy with it. takes like a day to get my computer set back up, and now still got a few problems:
-In ET I get lagg spikes, can’t really see a pattern happens every minute or 2.
I was thinking maybe something like too many packets getting bunched up and it can’t send them? I conclude this because when i get the lagg and I keep pressing W it presists untill i let go of W then it puts my back to where I was and the lagg is over :S
I already ticked the box to run as administrator and did pb_sleep 500

-Also my mouse why the same dpi and sens is completely different to vista how is that possible?

(valkyr) #24

That was happening to me on Server 2008 R2! Couldn’t put it down to Windows because at the time I was having other problems with my connection in general. It sorted itself out after a while though, so I can’t suggest anything…

(Miki) #25

Radiant works fine for me now on windows 7, trough I have to change the windows theme to windows 7 basic or any other NON-Aero theme and in win 98 mode; Then it runs just fine :slight_smile:

(stealth6) #26

lol seems to be some weird problem with , had the same thing on ventrilo. I was talking to somebody but i couldn’t hear him, 5 minutes later I get a whole conversations worth of string in one go oO, that seems to be solved by doing run as administrator and compatibility for windows vista.
So now I am going to try running ET on XP SP2 compatibility

EDIT: attached image of what happens when the lagg occurs, first an initial huge spike then if I keep pressing a button loads of green spikes until I let go.

(twt_thunder) #27

could this be the solution?

something with an pb update??