Does Phantom need a rework/buff to capture his original play style, or a new one ?

(JJMAJR) #21

Don’t make him melee focused, please. At the very most, give him more health and speed. His abilities are actually worse than Nader’s so he deserves it.

Compare a virtually guaranteed revive against a bad cloak. I would take the revive.

He does have revolvers though, which is nice.

(TheStrangerous) #22

@JJMAJR said:

He does have revolvers though, which is nice.

Phantom gunslinger confirmed!

!

!
!

Dual wieIding wouldn’t be far fetched though, ET:Wolfenstein had dual wielding pistol option.
Man, it would be my dream come true.
So far I have to please myself with Grandeur. The closest thing to a gunslinger.

(JJMAJR) #23

“Dual wielding”…

Dude, the only thing I’d accept that on is a reaper ult. (btw that’s OP)

Anyways, I think Phantom’s revolvers are better than the Grandeur already. Normally, 2 shots kill 120’s, three shots kill Thunder, the god tier class. The desert eagle is more efficient against 100s, 90s, and Rhino, which also is helpful.

I would like it more if crouching gave you more accuracy with your weapons. (i.e. make the MOA have bad accuracy when not crouching for example)

(Szakalot) #24

pistols better than grandeur, well played, well played.

(TheStrangerous) #25

@JJMAJR said:
“Dual wielding”…

Dude, the only thing I’d accept that on is a reaper ult. (btw that’s OP)

I think you meant McCree’s Ult.
Reaper uses scrubby shotties, as far as I’m concerned. So no wonder they be OP :wink:

(JJMAJR) #26

@Szakalot said:
pistols better than grandeur, well played, well played.

You’re right. Skyhammer has it better because more health, assault rifles, and explosives.

@TheStrangerous said:
I think you meant McCree’s Ult.
Reaper uses scrubby shotties, as far as I’m concerned. So no wonder they be OP :wink:

No I meant Reaper. McCree would be using a light machine gun.

(FishRolls) #27

Give Phantom a Silencer he can attach to his gun for his E ability.

(GabebutGood) #28

@FishRolls said:
Give Phantom a Silencer he can attach to his gun for his E ability.

would be cool and most likely sound cool, but I doubt if actually put in it would not be very effective, as in you shoot and even though its “silent” they would flip around start attacking, even though I dont think it would increase the persons response time to your attack

(TheStrangerous) #29

@TheStrangerous said:
Only 1 month left 'til balance changes.
Can’t wait for this whole Phantom balance debate to be over (or will it be the new beginning?).

Anyway I gotta say, it was a nice time discussing his balance, but all good things must come to an end. The upcoming balance patch will bring a whole new age to DB. Plus I hope they give Phantom reasonable gen 3 cards with KNIVES. Katana in every gen 2 was a clear fan pandering ;p

What a disappointment, I expected Phantom to be balanced in the recent update.

And nothing…

(GabebutGood) #30

@TheStrangerous said:

@TheStrangerous said:
Only 1 month left 'til balance changes.
Can’t wait for this whole Phantom balance debate to be over (or will it be the new beginning?).

Anyway I gotta say, it was a nice time discussing his balance, but all good things must come to an end. The upcoming balance patch will bring a whole new age to DB. Plus I hope they give Phantom reasonable gen 3 cards with KNIVES. Katana in every gen 2 was a clear fan pandering ;p

What a disappointment, I expected Phantom to be balanced in the recent update.

And nothing…

who knows it could be coming, do wish they would of said somthing about it with the release of the obsidian skin. If it was even being worked on or just some status update

(TheStrangerous) #31

Phantom’s balance fix is the next “When’s Turtle coming out” meme.

The ride never ends.

(NinjaToast) #32

The least they could do is give him unlimited magazines and faster/more health regen so he can better harass the enemy team.

(hurgya) #33

@TheStrangerous said:
Phantom’s balance fix is the next “When’s Turtle coming out” meme.

The ride never ends.

And “save execution” for a few weeks

Hopefully, once the mode is killed, the outrage will follow soon

(llSquishyll) #34

Idk i have mixed feelings about phantom because hes my favorate merc and if he becomes good theres gunna be 3-5 phantoms a game. i want him to be good but not too good

(Guziol) #35

I’d like for him to have passive invisibility when standing still or something and definitely split EMP into an another ability. And stop catering to melee playstyle. It’s a waste of time.

(LEWD) #36

Given that he’s the “”“melee guy”"", actually staying in range to attack someone is stupidly difficult when your only form of closing distance is a longjump and you cant run and melee at the same time. The invisibility really feels like a gimmick, at most it will put you in the position to get just one kill before getting gunned down since you’re by yourself. I say remove the emp effect and give it to aimee, and give phantom a gapcloser that depletes his entire cloak meter or allow him to melee and run at the same time, like double-time for melee weapons.

(Szakalot) #37

Phantom is not the melee merc. Not since some closed beta version years ago