dirybomb for hardcore players and pro?

(kenpokiller) #21

Yeah I do sincerely hope they do it like Valve & Blizzard or Unreal Engine 4. -> Winners.

All other “F2P” models -> Obsolete.

IMO :wink:

(Kl3ppy) #22

If you want to have financial success, you have to focus on the main target group. The casual players are the main target group because they care about different guns, skins etc. Comp players want a basic game on which every player has the same chances which means, they dont want any boosts, cards etc. But DB is F2P so SD needs to make money on all the stuff, Comp Players dont like. The worst thing SD can make is to allow a “pro” mod. SD should give options (as suggested by abnorm) for ranked/comp matches. Not sure how this could be aligned with augments/cards, I can only think about either giving every player the same card/augment or forbid them all.

(kenpokiller) #23

I do sincerely hope Splash Damage does all of that. If they were in contact with their community they could even let us do the work for them.

I just have bad experiences with no activity from developers / programmers on board. When they don’t respond it usually means they are working very hard or they don’t care for the future of game.

I’m saying they can release dbPRO through their medium, created by players, and profit
Created maps through their medium, and profit
Skins
Weapons

If they want to have financial success in the F2P market they’ll have to adjust their model. People find P2W very blatant.

(Nail) #24

You obviously have no clue about Splash Damage

(kenpokiller) #25

I hope that’s a positive thing :smiley:

(abnorm) #26

The problem of the Promods is when they touch the weaponry accuracy (like in ET:QWPro). That kills the comparably to the main game and split the community in 2 half. I dont see the need of a Promod, is just a decent competition setting needed (for CompMM and some Pubs).

[QUOTE=Kl3ppy;523879]SD should give options (as suggested by abnorm) for ranked/comp matches. Not sure how this could be aligned with augments/cards, I can only think about either giving every player the same card/augment or forbid them all.[/QUOTE] Im pretty sure there will be a rule for “no cards” in cups and leagues.

(tokamak) #27

Yeah what we consider ‘hardcore’ is not what the mainstream considers ‘hardcore’ these days. Our point of reference is Wolfenstein while theirs is Battlefield.

(AssortedStuff) #28

What Kl3ppy said, with Nexon on board and Valve in the mix they’ll have to focus on the casual players. There is no way to get around this point.
…but I’m still hoping for friendly fire being implemented at some point.