DIRTY BOMB UPDATE: Version 17437

(drfraggot) #21

[QUOTE=warbie;434715]Only played a few maps so far but am not missing ammo drops at all. I also found myself looking for a field ops when running out of ammo and noticed people bunching up more!

Some nice map changes too and smaller gun models look good![/QUOTE]

I actually liked the ammo drops, I don’t see the point in ridding the game of them in modes like deathmatch where your entire team may prefer to play anything but support.

(SockDog) #22

Maybe disable some of the HUD icons once you die, you don’t really need to know where the obj is when you’re dead. That should remove a lot of the clutter although I have to say while playing it seems a bit worse.

Like the scoreboard. Nice and bright and clear.

While I think SD should make other modes their own to some degree I also think they shouldn’t be afraid of removing or simplifying classes to make the modes work better.

(acQu) #23

So tested and i only want to comment on the movement: much better now :slight_smile: Simply strafing left to right is now much more enjoyable. You do not need to implement a whole strafe jump system (although it would certainly be nice), but the movement tweak was imo the much needed thing to do. I would say tweaking on these values in the future even more will not hurt aka make the character control even more responsive.

(drfraggot) #24

I think it should just be an option to enable/disable in server options. I’m a competitive player and plan to play this game competitively, but at the same time I can just hear all of the pubstars wanting ammo drops since, most of the time, there won’t be an experienced support dropping ammo even when people are spamming V-Say commands for it.

I agree with this. Simple strafing is much better, but I do think that a strafe jump system would be an awesome addition to this game at some point.

(Evil-Doer) #25

So checking out Whitechapel like a lot of the changes.

1. The steps near the first Ammo room, if I’m not mistaken look a tad wider an a added little cut out to the left where you can strafe in a little more. The bells in the Ammo room you can still run through an hide behind.

2. I’m liking how this back area is way more wide, make it seem like you might be able to play a better defense in the Church now. Wondering if the front EV ammo could possibly work better in the back right corner next to the MG?

3. The collision on the left window in the back of the church definitely seems more fluid but if you jump an duck near it you sometimes still get stuck, but you can just crawl through now, which is a positive :slight_smile: - I like the little jump there to honestly don’t know if I noticed that before today or if it was new to patch.

4. The mid high ground tower is some major changes here. See how this works out.

5. Interesting way to change up the little exiting room for defense.

(INF3RN0) #26

Love this patch! Also saw some of my map suggestions got in this round :o. Keep up the good work guys!

(Kendle) #27

Very nice update … back entrance to garage on Whitechapel is a god-send … Shotguns maybe a little over-nerfed with the huge recoil but probably makes them more Shotgun-like I guess … plus at least it’s a nerf … haven’t missed ammo drop as Medic, maybe at last we’ll have players grouping up and Medics exchanging health for ammo a bit more (brings back fond memories of RTCW) … seeing a nice class mix tonight … like the Soldier having C4 instead of Engie … tho maybe he’s a little too strong now … nice map changes on Waterloo at final objective … less getting stuck on stuff, nice … movement seems more fluid … overall a very nice update and whereas the last one was a bit of a step back IMO this one is several leaps forward … very well done :slight_smile:

(drfraggot) #28

Regarding the Soldier class buffs, I agree that they are over-powered now. Some sort of attribute should be taken away, especially with a health buff. I would like to see them running 15% slower than all other classes or something to that effect.

(nailzor) #29

Congrats Inf3rno you made the cut, they fixed issues I brought up too! :o

(MrFunkyFunk) #30

There’s simplier in console: “setres 1920x1080” (example, whatever your current res is).

Regarding the info now displayed above crosshair (kills etc), I’d like to see them below it.
Also a bit hard to read the killghosts info atm like Maca said.
In regards to the scoreboard it’s nice that the K/D isn’t displayed directly on it, I still believe some players pay too much attention to it. NOW I would like to be able to check other players stats through clicking the scoreboard at the end of the match.

(Ashog) #31

How can you be sure just after a few hours of testing the patch?? Please don’t jump to conclusions, let’s test a bit more.
At least I don’t want to post any suggestions that could change a part of the game on the long run, and that just after a few rounds on pub…

(acQu) #32

Was thinking the soldier with gun 2 is actually the most enjoyable class to play currently. The gun is seemingly the only one which actually hits to what you target it, though still not about the same as when you played a class with thompson or mp40 in W:ET, but nearly there. But still, this is only from shooting perspective. Imo it should not solely be about the shooting in shooters, which sounds weird, but W:ET had such variety DB currently does not have.

(meat) #33

I noticed that trying to kill Soldiers planting c4 is very difficult on waterloo when they are facing the containers on the last objective.r I shot at close range with a shotgun landing 3 shots. 2 to the head and 1 to the body, but the backpack makes it to hard to bring the Soldier down.
I think this makes it a little to easy to plant C4. Should be able to walk up behind someone planting and blow their freaking head off.
I also think the shotgun damage is under powered on body shots in general. LIked the performance of the shotgun before the patch, my shotgun kills went down dramaticly since the new pacth.

(Ashog) #34

I think (and not only I, think Inferno mentioned this afaik) this may have to do with broken soldier hitboxes. With sniper shots it is very obvious at times.

(acQu) #35

I noticed such a thing as well on Waterloo. A soldier was crouching right in front of the first objective wall and i landed at least 20 shots on him while standing in front of him, but none of them hit. Then i died :smiley:

Well, seemed weird to me …

(iwound) #36

[QUOTE=meat;434745]I noticed that trying to kill Soldiers planting c4 is very difficult on waterloo when they are facing the containers on the last objective.r I shot at close range with a shotgun landing 3 shots. 2 to the head and 1 to the body, but the backpack makes it to hard to bring the Soldier down.
I think this makes it a little to easy to plant C4. Should be able to walk up behind someone planting and blow their freaking head off.
I also think the shotgun damage is under powered on body shots in general. LIked the performance of the shotgun before the patch, my shotgun kills went down dramaticly since the new pacth.[/QUOTE]

that was me i think, my health was going down on each shot. died on last shot i think maybe not. plus if you get killed just at the end of arming it allows it.

(Nail) #37

[QUOTE=meat;434745]I noticed that trying to kill Soldiers planting c4 is very difficult on waterloo when they are facing the containers on the last objective.r I shot at close range with a shotgun landing 3 shots. 2 to the head and 1 to the body, but the backpack makes it to hard to bring the Soldier down.
I also think the shotgun damage is under powered on body shots in general. LIked the performance of the shotgun before the patch, my shotgun kills went down dramaticly since the new pacth.[/QUOTE]

knife him instead

(rookie1) #38

I liked eng c4 :frowning: for the rest at first glimpse:)

(MrEd) #39

Scoping needs a lot of work right now and we’ve started this month by making a big list of actions to fix bugs and oddities with the current behaviour. Some of those changes will start to find their way into the build over the next few weeks. The first few changes of which can be found in this build but there are many many more.

• Sniper rifles now transition instantly to hip-spread when unscoping
  • Made Sniper Rifle recoil more consistent
  • Made Laser Painter easier to use when scoped
  • Artillery Strike Laser Painter is now paused when an enemy walks in front and is no longer interrupted by allies

Once all the fixes are in we’ll reassess and see if scoping is working as intended.

(iwound) #40

Whats the point in having two scoreboards. Because people dont like kills on the scoreboard its now separate but below.
so its just unclear. If your going to show the info why not just have it on the one board.
Hiding the kills away in a sub menu or just reducing the size of the kill info is ridiculous tbh.
just put them all in. the kill info is not just for yourself but seeing the others helps, plus the other info.

not a fan of the new lighting on LB.
soldier using c4 is understandable, will take some getting used to.
Kill obituaries info is good.
iffs looking good.

overall seems good. just didnt enjoy the games that much tonight. as i usually play engie i was torn between classes.
LB last barrier is still a major pain as is WC chapel.