DIRTY BOMB UPDATE: Version 15404

(INF3RN0) #21

It may be connection or perhaps input related as I haven’t been able to test on US servers yet, but whenever I move around/look from left/right there is very noticeable screen skip/stutter. The frame rate smoothing commands make it less annoying, however it’s still pretty unclean feeling. Also to note, I crash a looooot after map changes and when I try to exit the game it freezes up.

(EnderWiggin.DA.) #22

I notice the new class markers for the some of the classes in the limbo menu. A lot more intuitive for the Fops class.

(Ashog) #23

Haven’t played much the new patch yet, but had just some map or two of duels.

I must say I am really impressed.
The first thing I have noticed (apart from the fact I had to setup all video and control settings for the n-th time, only to find out the middle mouse button still isn’t bindable) is that the game became more beautiful on same low settings I used before.

The next surpise was the subjectively better feeling of the movement and shooting - more free and easy jumping and strafing (subjective?) as well as more reliable shooting. I think it all became somehow much better! It was fun to duel and the fights lasted the right, longer times. Of course one needs to play more to tell for sure, but it felt better.

Also ghosts are quite pretty.

Great job!

Noticed that some things aren’t fixed yet - grenade sometimes not priming and needing 2 clicks, backspace not bindable, m3 (G9) not bindable, vsays not working in ghost mode (I think) and some map change crashes which I haven’t had for the 2 previous patches and which appeared again. But I hope this will be fixed at some point relatively soon. Also can we get a quit button in menu at all times please?

(SinDonor) #24

I’ll take sprint to cancel reload over being stuck in a reload animation while trying to run away.

(light_sh4v0r) #25

Sounds really good, in 2 weeks time I have a full week off, if you could do the low spec performance pass before then I’d be delighted :wink:

(Reacto) #26

Sometimes after reloading my weapon seems to jam, happened a lot after the latest patch. It’s like the reload animation is done and everything, but it still takes some time before I can shoot again.

(tokamak) #27

-The death ghosts are really cool, but I want more info. I want the three last bullets shown fired from both my gun and the killer’s gun. Also once gibbed the camera should center around the ghost and not the body. It’s a shame not to be able to view it when you fall around a corner or down stairs.

• Maps feel much better. I also like that I’m able to jump on more things.

• Ironsights still feel a bit crap. I’d like a lower recoil on sights.

(Loffy) #28

“Players can sprint to cancel reload”
Oh my God this is so bad. I need to be able to reload while sprinting. It is extremely important for me and my style of play.

Petition: sprint should not cancel reload.

To intentionally cancel reload sequence/animation, something else should be an option. Not sprint-to-cancel. How about press-fire-to-cancel? Or shift-weapon-to-cancel? I don’t know really. But. Just. Not. Sprint. To. Cancel.

These are not just my two cents. It’s more like $500. That’s how important this is.

(rookie1) #29

im crashing on all map change now :frowning: anything i can do ?

(DarkangelUK) #30

[QUOTE=Loffy;422170]“Players can sprint to cancel reload”
Oh my God this is so bad. I need to be able to reload while sprinting. It is extremely important for me and my style of play.

Petition: sprint should not cancel reload.

To intentionally cancel reload sequence/animation, something else should be an option. Not sprint-to-cancel. How about press-fire-to-cancel? Or shift-weapon-to-cancel? I don’t know really. But. Just. Not. Sprint. To. Cancel.

These are not just my two cents. It’s more like $500. That’s how important this is.[/QUOTE]

You can’t reload while sprinting. Basically before, reloading cancelled sprinting, and the reload animation would lock you at normal speed until the reload was complete.

(murka) #31

I’m sure most people have developed a lazy shift finger to automatically sprint whenever possible. Same reason why hold-breath shouldn’t be on that key, I’d like to see cancel reload removed from it or as an option. Most of the time i reload, start running away and instinctively press shift which cancels reload. Never found any issue with canceling reload before so why add another key that does it.

(Ashog) #32

But now the reload cancelling the sprint is gone, hopefully for good, so this is great. Shift cancelling reload is another story but it could be perhaps optimized onto another button…?

I still think ETQW did it best - this was back then optimized to perfection. In ETQW reload didn’t cancel sprint and was impossible to start reloading while sprint was still active. This should be imho replicated in DB too.

ETQW:

Assault Rifles/SMG/Pistols/Heavy MG/Rocket Launcher/Sniper Rifle: can’t sprint while reloading. Reload cannot be interrupted by sprint, but can be interrupted by weapon switch to secondary or to items.
Shotgun: can’t sprint while reloading. Reload cannot be interrupted by sprint, but can be interrupted by shooting AND weapon switch to secondary or to items.

There was also a tiny sound built in which one could hear when the amount of bullets in the clip was running low:

AR: 8
Pistols: 4
Sniper Rifle: 4
MG: 5

This was quite a good tiny thing.

BRINK:

One could reload while sprinting and start sprinting while reloading. Those were absolutely ndependent and not self excluding. But since Brink was so slow and the difference between sprint and run was tiny, it didn’t matter.

DB:

Can’t reload while sprinting.
Sprint cancels the reload, switch to other weapon or item cancels the reload.
Reload cancels sprint.

So reload being interrupted by sprint is a new thing and I am not yet sure if it’s good, probably a matter of taste. It was not present in ETQW and I think in W:ET. However I prefer the current state of sprint canceling the reload, since I prefer to stay alive rather than die on place with full clip when caught pants down in reload. Especially because movement is fast and damage is high. What I think could be useful is implementing Cancel Reload by Shooting, and not only for shotguns, but for all bullet weapons. In most games it is already like that, although it is not very realistic. Well, all for nicer gameplay! :wink: Also reload shouldn’t cancel sprint, although it is a less crucial issue.

(Loffy) #33

Did some research.

W:ET
Sprinting first, then hit R: reloading is possible. And sprint speed is not affected.

DB
Sprinting first, then hit R: reloading is possible. But sprint speed is affected. Speed goes down to ordinary walking speed.

I like the former.

(Dragonji) #34

[QUOTE=Loffy;422228]Did some research.

Sprinting first, then hit R: reloading is possible. And sprint speed is not affected.

DB
Sprinting first, then hit R: reloading is possible. But sprint speed is affected. Speed goes down to ordinary walking speed.

I like the former.[/QUOTE]
Obviously W:ET ≠ DB so mindless copying from the first game wouldn’t be any good.

(Mustang) #35

[QUOTE=Loffy;422228]Did some research.

DB

I like the former.[/QUOTE]
I tried to argue for being able to reload whilst sprinting before, but no-one else was onboard.

This would still be my preference however.

(Valdez) #36

+1 for sprinting and being able to reload. The game has a pretty good speed to it, however the actions such as switching weapons/throwing out health packs/reviving/RELOADING are all slow. I think we should try to match the pace of the game a little better and up the speed of these actions.

(SockDog) #37

What are everyone’s thoughts on quick throw for med packs?

(Dragonji) #38

Should be much slower in my opinion.

(stealth6) #39

Just got around to testing the latest patch.
Disarming on Waterloo is a hell :stuck_out_tongue: standing and disarming keeps making the counter reset and it wouldn’t let me crouch in the corner of the container. It really sucks when you run to the wrong side of the fuel rods to find that the C4 is on the other side! Wastes precious time. (Although I guess you’re supposed to hold the attackers at the 2 / 3 chokepoints, not wait for them to arm)

First person animations seem really flaky, kept not displaying the reload animation or doing weird stuff with the hands. (same on strafing and switching weapon)

vsay sounds were removed? I can’t hear the enemy lying on the floor behind me!

(SockDog) #40

Anyone else getting moments when you try and fire and the gun does nothing? You have to let go of mouse1 and then click again. And yes my gun does have ammo. :slight_smile: