Delayed Update

(dirtybomber) #21

plz release 4 more mercs not just this shtty rhino plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

(shaftz0r) #22

im absolutely blown away by the map changes, and not adding anything new. completely blown away. this will go down as the worst patch so far, and im really hoping they pump out another patch with a quickness, or you’re going to lose the majority of people in the beta. people are just plain tired of the maps in their current form, and you consistently cut away the best parts of them. Im just at a loss in my own head as to why.

(Glottis-3D) #23

Maps are the key issue. and they only get worse with every update.
Maps are of the most importance for game to be played and liked.

What do i remember out of ETQW or ET ? Strafing? Airstrikes? Healing? Spread?
No, I remember Sewer, Salvage, Supply Depot, Goldrush.
Just like Dm6,dm4 from q1, dm6 from q3, the edge from q2

Nothing memorable in extraction so far. After nearly 2 years!

(Kendle) #24

Oh dear, not liking these patch notes one bit.

Phoenix nerfed because everyone’s playing him since they nerfed Sawbonez? Re-buff Sawbonez, don’t nerf Phoenix ffs!

AR’s reduced recoil? AR’s should do more damage with higher recoil, not less.

Yeah, OK, we’ll try them, but unlike some people around here I’m of the opinion the gun-play has been getting better and better each patch. This is the first I can remember where it looks like it’s going to get worse.

And to echo other comments, no new maps, no new objectives? The lack-lustre objectives are the biggest killer for me, I find XT just simply boring to play at an objective level, now it looks like the “running around shooting people” aspect is going backwards as well. :frowning:

(Anti) #25

Maps take a long time to adjust, we have map changes in the work for some maps, as well as a raft of new block-outs coming, but they’re not ready for this patch (partially to do with how we’ve had to branch for re-factoring Fireteam’s services).

In all likelihood we’ll be adding block-out servers with the first patch of the new year that will include 6-7 different block-out maps for Execution and Objective/Stopwatch modes, you’ll be able to fill your boots then :slight_smile:

(Bangtastic) #26

Im grateful for every patch.

Edit: My educated guess is, that introducing one merc is easier to balance than three or 5 at once.

(Kendle) #27

Anti’s post on Nexon

Phoenix is a Medic. After the last update he was THE most effective killer in the game, in 5v5 and in 8v8. We’re not making Medics the optimal archetype for combat, that will be Assaults and Fire Supports …

Fine, so make Assaults and Fire Supports better at combat.

Stopping people playing certain classes by making them crap only leads to a downward spiral which ends with them all being crap.

You want people to play “X” for reason “Y”? Make “X” better at “Y” ffs, it’s not rocket science.

(Smooth) #28

We have done in many cases, as seen in the rest of the patch notes.

I thought the TTK was too quick for you guys though?

Surely by only ever making people better at combat (and not worse) that reduces the average TTK even further?

[I]VASSILI
MoA SNPR-1 Sniper Rifle headshots that kill now also insta-gib the victim
Reduced Sniper scoped sway when moving
Reduced Sniper zoom amount when scoped

AIMEE
PDP-70 Sniper Rifle headshots that kill now also insta-gib the victim
Reduced Sniper recoil
Reduced Sniper scoped sway when moving
Reduced Sniper zoom amount when scoped

ARTY
Increased AR damage to 27 (from 25)
Reduced AR bullet spread
Reduced AR recoil

STOKER
Reduced AR recoil

FRAGGER
Increased MG damage to 15 (from 14)
Reduced MG 01 bullet spread

THUNDER
Increased MG damage to 22 (from 21)
Reduced MG bullet spread
Reduced MG recoil
[/I]

Also, I’d like to share the following with you:

(Kendle) #29

Not me, I stopped playing ET in 2005 when I realised I could read a good book in the time it took to kill someone with ET’s putt-putt pea-shooters.

Balance by buffing I say, not balance by nerf. :slight_smile:

(Smooth) #30

[QUOTE=Kendle;484433]Not me, I stopped playing ET in 2005 when I realised I could read a good book in the time it took to kill someone with ET’s putt-putt pea-shooters.

Balance by buffing I say, not balance by nerf. :)[/QUOTE]

I personally agree with you here, I’m not the biggest fan of quite how spongy some characters are we are right now.

It’s something we’re keeping an eye on but wont rush into any changes.

(RasteRayzeR) #31

Perfect ! I wanted to get back to aimee and now I have a god motivation, this will make proxy jealous :cool:

(Kl3ppy) #32

God motivation? :wink:
I will test the patch so anti and smooth cant pick on me but from what i read doesnt sound promising.

(RasteRayzeR) #33

[QUOTE=Shifty.;484436]God motivation? :wink:
I will test the patch so anti and smooth cant pick in me but from what i read doesnt sound promising.[/QUOTE]

From my perspective I see they are talking a lot about the maps creation process and carefully analyzing the data we provide as feedback and via echo. They are aware of the problems and I must say that for the first time I really feel that the VIP forum is used as it should. So I don’t really care that we get only a minor update today, because they are working on the ground problems we have been asking for for so long now and if these get addressed properly I am pretty sure the general mood on this forum will change and get back to what it should be : supportive, motivating and peaceful.

Right now all I see are people like dirtybomber who are babies crying for everything or people expecting to be playing the final game already. So yeah, I don’t mind waiting a bit more if that helps SD getting things right.

(prophett) #34

Was really looking forward to something on the map side of things (biggest problem with the game), so that was extremely disappointing. Hopefully the “first patch in the new year” won’t be another 2 month wait…

Going to have a field day, lol.

Interesting map changes to say the least. On paper I can’t say i’m too excited about them (I told you how to make bridge the best map in the game months ago - just do it already…)

(Protekt1) #35

Last patch medic’s smg was definitely ez mode… so I am interested to see the changes in AR.

But what is up with phantom? Replaced sniper rifle with a sword? lol… is that just another name for his sniper???

Oh man… m4a1 and DE on the skyhammer? I now know what I am playing first…

Seems like decent patch notes. I kinda feel like people on nexon forums don’t have a touch for balance but I don’t want to upset anyone specifically.

As for map changes, they seem okay on paper. I see the general direction is to reduce map times a bit. But if you’re cutting sections off, can you add to the remaining sections, like side paths and stuff?

(BomBaKlaK) #36

Some weird choices again … Maps is THE issue number 1 !

yep, and that the only good point about this patch, some balance.
Bored to play against full Self Revive Army Of The Dead !

But ad more spread is not the solution, there is still to much spread on most of the weapon, let’s see the new update.

(Glottis-3D) #37

[QUOTE=Smooth;484432]
Also, I’d like to share the following with you:

[/QUOTE]

thnx 4 sharing!
one thing that still bugs me…what is living time of Phoenix? Kill-per-minute…what minutes are used?

(Protekt1) #38

[QUOTE=BomBaKlaK;484440]Some weird choices again … Maps is THE issue number 1 !

yep, and that the only good point about this patch, some balance.
Bored to play against full Self Revive Army Of The Dead !

But ad more spread is not the solution, there is still to much spread on most of the weapon, let’s see the new update.[/QUOTE]

This was my biggest problem with the last patch. Everyone playing a self revive medic was not fun for me.

edit: nice updating right now, will hop on if the servers are up.

(Mustang) #39

AFAIK it’s minutes of the match, not minutes you’re alive.

(Anti) #40

It’s time used, so for weapons it’s time held in hand, for characters it’s time spent playing.