Custom Texture Exchange

(WL6) #21

(ronboy) #22

Thanks for sharing these great textures. Where are you getting all of these? :slight_smile:

(WL6) #23

Google images for one, but it’s a question of knowing what to look for. Sometimes typing in German phrases (google translate) can yield results for stuff like signs or images of relief sculptures for making masks/alpha channels. I’ve been making textures on and off for Doom2 for years, but a lot of the principles remain the same. You should always use the existing textures as a guide for lighting/contrast and have a mess around until you get something that works in the game.

Little details like shadows can sometimes make all the difference:

No shadow:

Poster with shadow:

(WL6) #24

(ronboy) #25

Yes, I used Google Images to find the coal texture I posted on the first page of this topic. I never thought that custom textures could be found there! :o

(WL6) #26

Go here:

Many textures are already tilabe too.

(WL6) #27

Various Nazi flags from MOH.

(ronboy) #28

It’s nice to have so many custom textures to work with. I love Medal of Honor, and I love those flags too! :smiley:

(WL6) #29

Feel free to use them as you wish.

(Eugeny) #30

(Eugeny) #31

(Eugeny) #32

Use its

(ronboy) #33

Nice textures, guys. :smiley:

(KeMoN) #34

Thank you for sharing. May I ask which tool you are using for the 3D effect, Eugeny? Would also be quite helpful for my work.

(Mateos) #35

Bump or sharpen in GIMP.

(Eugeny) #36

[QUOTE=KeMoN;503327]Thank you for sharing. May I ask which tool you are using for the 3D effect, Eugeny? Would also be quite helpful for my work.[/QUOTE]Spiral Graphics Genetica

(AidenDemon) #37

I want you my friend, no homo. Work with me on Return to Wolfenstein. If you agree, just text me here or here.