Cooldowns

(Glottis-3D) #21

[QUOTE=tokamak;510293]I don’t think we should aim at preventing ‘all eggs in one basket’ builds. At least not by limiting the one thing that makes them good. Instead the weaknesses they open themselves up to should become more relevant. IE a team without medics, assault or simply a team that isn’t as diverse should feel the lack of those mercs.

One of the best ETQW matches I’ve ever played was on one of those formido friday sessions. We managed to go all opressor on Salvage and the map was one giant violator fest. Then we all switched to infiltrator, hid in those air shafts only reachable by teleporter and flyer droned the hell out of the GFD

It was amazingly powerful. The defenders had no idea what hit them. But at the same time, had they actually been able to anticipate it, they would’ve stopped it dead in its tracks.

It’s situations like this that make a game worth playing.[/QUOTE]

i am with you on this.
but the sad thing is that DB doesnt have anything close in tactical factor and in fun factor as ETQW had.
violator, fyier drones, spawnhosts, laser mines, stroyent health-ammo exchange, personal teleporting etc etc etc.

(tokamak) #22

Oh I agree with that. I understand that SD wants to focus on having a solid foundation before getting to that. After all, garbage in means garbage out and all that, but damnit, give me my toys already.

ETQW gave people like me, who suck at straight up CS-like scenarios, a way to turn everything upside down and then engage situations from angles that others can’t account for.

If you can’t beat someone at chess then flip the board and beat them with checkers.

Yesterday:

(Mustang) #23

Breaking meta with tactics and counter abilities.

Nice screenie. :wink: