Collective Alpha Community Map/Objective Designs

(Ecano) #21

SalCano looks really good, last obj especially. Looking forward to play on it.

Grate has a little resemblance with Sewer, that is quite good.

(iwound) #22

[QUOTE=Humate;433648]

/cough[/QUOTE]

lmao nice hand drawn pics of quake wars sewer.

(INF3RN0) #23

Hahahaha Humate. At least I changed a lot of stuff lol.

(drfraggot) #24

In full support of SalCano. Interested in seeing what is done with it.

(H4rdc0re) #25

Rename it to Volvage please! Other than that the map looks solid.

(Volcano) #26

(rookie1) #27

Posting here dont want to open a thread for that
Question : Is it possible programming wise to do a part of a map in a moving Train ?

(iwound) #28

[QUOTE=rookie1;433918]Posting here dont want to open a thread for that
Question : Is it possible programming wise to do a part of a map in a moving Train ?[/QUOTE]

yes. just mapping. but the interaction of the player model against the moving object would be a little bit dodgy.
im sure there is some unreal game that has already done this.

(rookie1) #29

K …I imagine 2 trains rolling side by side
def on one att on the others
figthing and possibly jumping in the other train …
map =Kill them all :smiley: would be fun

(iwound) #30

it would probably be easier and better to just have a scrolling background and ground just like the olde timey films.
and give the carriages a bit of wobble. throw in some clickity clack sound and your there. no ones the wiser.:rolleyes:

(rookie1) #31

[QUOTE=iwound;433923]it would probably be easier and better to just have a scrolling background and ground just like the olde timey films.
and give the carriages a bit of wobble. throw in some clickity clack sound and your there. no ones the wiser.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
That would be so freaky fun ,like an old western …jumping in the other train…knifing …shooting through windows …respawn at the end of train …dying if you lose your jump :)))))

(iwound) #32

Change the trains for sailing ships and the players as pirates and youve got yourself a level.
Everybody say Yarrr!

(rookie1) #33

one comedy map once a while like that (train) doesnt hurt :slight_smile: …I guest :rolleyes:

(.Chris.) #34

[QUOTE=iwound;433923]it would probably be easier and better to just have a scrolling background and ground just like the olde timey films.
and give the carriages a bit of wobble. throw in some clickity clack sound and your there. no ones the wiser.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

They tried that for a map in ET using script movers. There was a SP map in JK3 (same engine) that was basically that too, big hover train you had to stop before it crashed into a city or so. The backgrounds seemed to be randomised script mover blocks that would wizz by and a fair bit of fog to hide the rough edges.

(Humate) #35

/cough

(Ashog) #36

First I thought that it’s Meltdown :slight_smile:
Makes you think… looks suspiciously at .Chris

but I eppruf!

(Mustang) #37

Would love to play a black and white pencil art skin of ETQW.

(Virus047) #38

[QUOTE=Humate;434172]

/cough[/QUOTE]

Original. :smiley: We MUST PLAY THIS MAP!

(zeroooo) #39

my general opinion to the alpha maps is:

i dont really like most of them.!

london bridge and whitechapel are MUCH to long, full hold, full hold, full hold and full hold again…

SD why are you doing this? its not cool to let the ev drive 1,5 km/h that a map takes 20 minutes and isnt even finished with balanced teams… especially london bridge, i havent played ET but i checked some facts about it and for me its 1:1 goldrush…

i heared that there was a skipped way or something that the tank/panzer/train is faster through… thats what we also need here in my opinion, maps are just too long…

even camden is a bit too long i think… too many objectives have just played it 3 - 4 times or something… cant say that much so far, but in my opinion we have too many objectives again on this map

the only map i really like is waterloo, its fast, nice stages, need some lil changes so it would be perfect.

pls do the next map more like waterloo and not like the other 2 (i keep camden out here, i like it so far, have to play it more often) or otherwise we all will have a problem very soon!

we have such a great base in this game, we shouldnt ruin it with bad maps…

(strace) #40

[QUOTE=rookie1;433542]inferno and bananas make a video of it now :stuck_out_tongue:
serioustly very good stuff presentation wise +100
I wish SD could provide us some DB story lines so we could make sense to our maps.
Like : why mercs are figthing for ?
Are they rivals gangs,are they under military authority .
What they want to do in London? How long London has been evacuated…???
little answers …that can help[/QUOTE]

Am I the only one that watched the video on the training tab in the launcher?

EDIT: herp derp, you want MORE details… XD