Closed Beta impression from a competitive view

(Glottis-3D) #21

About Stopwatch mode again.
The obj-win rule is anticlimatic. thats my main concern here. Map end is the last OBJ, the plot of the map ends there, the main goal, the map name - everything is about map end.

DB lacks a lot of climax, that existed in ET/ETQW and some other OBJ oriented games - L4d, L4d2.
I do not play those games for a long time… but i remember their best moments, and $hit tonn of those moments are the LAST objects! the essence of the map.

So if SD wants their game to be remembered. They need to get rid of OBJ-win rule. Epic match is a match that ends on last seconds on last obj. (no matter winning side) And because of this OBJ-rule, i get those matches very rarely. Sad.

(fubar) #22

[QUOTE=INF3RN0;525020]
I still don’t get what the deal is with lag or the netcode. Sure you get delayed deaths or trade kills sometimes, but in most cases if you play the situation out well you’ll win every time without issue. I find it a bearable burden when I think back to how unplayable other netcode methods are. I’ve likely played more DB on 200+ ping than anyone else (maybe some AUS got me beat) and I rarely feel at a significant disadvantage unless I hit the 250+ mark. Perhaps there are some discrepancies at differing pings, but if you aim spot on you hit every time. I think you’d have to be playing at a ridiculously high aiming level, that the game has yet to see, before pings really became the deciding variable.

Also the ability to block explosives with turrets/stations/etc is good imo. It adds something interesting without being too extreme. After testing bushwhacker out this weekend I found that you could block the first bit of damage with the turret when the other team was trying to play a long-range cover. I wish there were more things like this, but they seem to be slowly leaking in (likely not intentionally either) like the explosive blast jumps.[/QUOTE]

It’s hard to explain, but the current anti-lag makes the game seem and feel very sluggish to me. I’m hitting my shots, that’s not an issue, but more often than not I’m being hit while I most definitely shouldn’t, even with the impact of an anti-lag in the game. I don’t mind registering a bullet or two shortly after having taken cover, but at times it feels like I’d be still soaking an entire clips worth of damage. It seems way too favoring is all.

I don’t mind explosives being blocked, it adds a little more dynamic, but at the same time, I wouldn’t mind it being gone either. Very indifferent about it. Merely curious if it’s intended or a bug :slight_smile:

To add onto the list:
Grenade travel speed and AoE:
I’m all for grenades, love and abuse 'em, but it’s becoming increasingly difficult to dodge even if you see the opposing fragger throwing it. The grenades travel too fast for you to really do anything about it, you’re basically left with nothing to do but stand still and hope he misses. Increase the flight duration a little, will keep the desired affect and you may just receive less complains about fragger’s OP’ness.
As for the AoE, it seems random, I use a fragger with M4 and Explodydendron, but I genuinely can’t judge the splash, at times it’ll kill a person half a mile from it, other times it barely even damages a merc when being hit in the face by one. A little more consistency would be great, perhaps even a slight reduction in landmines/healing stations/etc being detonated by a grenade landing nearby.