Cheater already or bug ?

(BomBaKlaK) #21

I just talk of this over here to be a bit more cautious. And I dont wanna make bad promotion on the nexon forum talking about cheaters. So I think something is needed in a hurry or some people gonna talk about this on the web. cheaters spotted is the worst communication you can have !

(rookie1) #22

yeah one from the destroyed wall to last def spawn …obvious :rolleyes:

(spookify) #23

[QUOTE=Anti;482672]For those that are interested, here is some of what Echo spotted him doing.

[/QUOTE]

Thats what my Echo looks like :wink: But I dont hax Im just that good hahahaha.

(INF3RN0) #24

This wasn’t the glitch where you get stuck under the ev and can kill people anywhere on the map as a super speed invisible player was it? What does that look like on echo?

(spookify) #25

That happened to me it was epic for like 4 kills haha

(Anti) #26

Not sure I’ve seen that one in Echo but generally for sync issues like that in the past the shots have come from the map origin rather than player position.

(ailmanki) #27

Thats the good thing with clientside hit detection, just tell the server you did hit…
Same happened in BF3, a guy using defib from his spawn, to kill the whole other team.

(BomBaKlaK) #28

Nope ! sure is not using this ! when he kills you the ghost show you were he was.
ghost = good anti-cheat if admin are online ; )

(Anti) #29

[QUOTE=ailmanki;482689]Thats the good thing with clientside hit detection, just tell the server you did hit…
Same happened in BF3, a guy using defib from his spawn, to kill the whole other team.[/QUOTE]

We are intending to add some default checks in our code that would prevent this kind of hack anyway, which I think is what shifty was hinting at. Ideally the server will not be validating such crazy long shots through walls when the client tells it about them.

(BomBaKlaK) #30

Default check can be bypassed ! Hide them deep inside the code : p

(Mustang) #31

He means default checks server side.

i.e. If hit signal received from client and target player shot through wall then ignore hit signal.

(BomBaKlaK) #32

[QUOTE=Mustang;482716]He means default checks server side.

i.e. If hit signal received from client and target player shot through wall then ignore hit signal.[/QUOTE]

OK got it ! I hope the best

(Brinkman) #33

Never heard of bot’ing in a closed beta before lol. What a ****.

(Hundopercent) #34

Never played on the UE3 engine huh? :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s the awesome part about the F2P model. Plenty of hackers with unlimited accounts hehe.

(Evil-Doer) #35

Pretty damn cool that Echo shows that :slight_smile:

(fubar) #36

Also pretty damn scary for misinterpretation if it becomes an automated procedure. I wonder how antilag is displayed on those echo killing/tracers screens. I’ll often kill a person that’s already behind a wall - very very far behind a wall and vice versa. Makes you wonder how these are portrayed. Obviously no where near to this case, but still makes for plenty weird shots I’d imagine.

(n4ts) #37

UR ZEH HACKER!
Haha, just kiddin’ bro.

To exclude hackers out of Extraction, SD should let the server check every bit of data sended by the client, so that people can’t modify (through scripts) the packages the server receives.
A great example for this is League of Legends. The anti-cheat system in place is that the server verifies everything (literally everything), so there’s pretty much no way to hack the client to send bad data.
When they wouldn’t have used this method numerous bad things could be happen. Maps hacks (see whole map without fog), speed hacks, level up hacks etc. etc. etc.
The only things people managed to be hack are things with an overlay. Things like: Turret range (circle around the turret), jungle timers, champion range circles, automatic last hitting… and other lame stuff that you are better off with when doing it yourself.

So, I would suggest to not work with an anticheat, cause an anticheat is software which makes it only a cat and mouse play for the hackers to stay undetected. An server side checkup on the otherhand would just make it IMPOSSIBLE to hack since there is NO WAY to send bad data and get it validated by the server.

(stealth6) #38

Pretty sure aimbot sends perfectly good data, so does wallhack & no recoil hack to name a few…

If you want to mess around with the game then player occlusion (what’s the official name for this?) is something interesting (as was mentioned on the nexon boards)

Another interesting thing is analyzing player stats, which has also been mentioned here and there.
Getting rid of client side detection is an interesting thought, but to completely dismiss client side detection is a bit silly. I’d vote to keep client side detection since it at least deters the script kiddies.

(Ruben0s) #39

What is SD opinion about the new sound cards of asus?

The Xonar U7 Echelon Edition is in my eyes pretty close to a cheat.

“What’s more, multiple radar enhancers can be enabled in order to visualize and boost specific sounds such as footsteps or gunshots. This helps players accurately locate an opponent on the 360-degree HUD, even when there’s no clear line of sight. The and on-screen appearance and position of Sonic Radar is customizable, too, giving total flexibility to fit in with different game titles and in-game scenarios.”

Pretty sad… It’s basically a wallhack.

(Anti) #40

[QUOTE=Ruben0s;482933]What is SD opinion about the new sound cards of asus?

The Xonar U7 Echelon Edition is in my eyes pretty close to a cheat.

“What’s more, multiple radar enhancers can be enabled in order to visualize and boost specific sounds such as footsteps or gunshots. This helps players accurately locate an opponent on the 360-degree HUD, even when there’s no clear line of sight. The and on-screen appearance and position of Sonic Radar is customizable, too, giving total flexibility to fit in with different game titles and in-game scenarios.”

Pretty sad… It’s basically a wallhack.[/QUOTE]

I’d be interested to see how that actually works in practice. Sounds like a lot of marketing speak to me :slight_smile: