Case opening roulette is rigged.

(Nail) #21

how could anyone possibly think that card wheel was anything other than fluff ?

(Bloodbite) #22

I coerced someone at work to try DB. While a decent player, he is committed to getting to a point where he gets to kill you with a gold gun. Nothing less than gold will satisfy… some people are very strange when the lustre of gold is part of an equation.

Addicts, people that think Hollywood make cinematic masterpieces while underpaying post production houses for all those amazing special effects that hide tired cliched acting and formulaic, uninspired propaganda-pulp scripts. Splash is now guilty of exploiting the weak willed and gullible with their pretty pretties… I salute them for it.

(Nail) #23

I thought the skip button was a dead giveaway

(MoonOnAStick) #24

It’s not the most outrageous assumption for a player to make, is it? Online gambling is regulated to prevent this kind of confusion.

An extract from the UK Gambling Commission that, while it obviously wouldn’t apply to DB, is certainly a good rule of thumb:

Game designs or features must not mislead you about the likelihood of particular results occurring. This includes substituting losing events with near-miss losing events and simulations of real devices that do not simulate the real probabilities of the game.

Anyway, good to know SD are sorting it out for all the naive folks like me. :smiley:

(Nail) #25

pretty close

(Protekt1) #26

[QUOTE=MoonOnAStick;531393]It’s not the most outrageous assumption for a player to make, is it? Online gambling is regulated to prevent this kind of confusion.

An extract from the UK Gambling Commission that, while it obviously wouldn’t apply to DB, is certainly a good rule of thumb:

Anyway, good to know SD are sorting it out for all the naive folks like me. :D[/QUOTE]

This saying kinda fits here.

When you assume, you make an ass out of u and me.

(Rémy Cabresin) #27

Here we go again…

(Bloodbite) #28

Hey don’t ruin this with your sarccasm, the Gambling Commission may be called upon to investigate case openings.

Let this go wherever it needs to go please!!!

(Bangtastic) #29

This topic isn’t discussion worthy at all. somebody close it fast!

Mmh… obviously good ol’ santa is still a real thing.

(FireWorks) #30

Can the user influence the outcome by clicking skip (=stop?) or is it already determined when starting to open?

(Szakalot) #31

its already determined

(eitsch0r) #32

nooo, dont close it … this gets more and more brilliant with every addition (mine too maybe)

in the spirit of full disclosure: everytime i keep the animation rolling i get pissed off when its showing me a really really dreaded “one-off” error ( e.g. the card before or after is shown as gold/cobalt AND I TOTALLY COULD HAVE GOTTEN IT, YEAH!) … until after the first rush passes … then realizing the SKIP button reminds me again that it is all an … erm … “simulatory stimulation of the creative mind” … and not a real distribution of chances. But it still is kinda annoying when playing cha… erm … card-roulette. Of course WHEN i get the nice shiny card, then roulette is superfluff! \o/

(FireWorks) #33

You got any dev source for that?

(BioSnark) #34

It would be cool if there was some user interaction and the screen did a thing.

(ZGToRRent) #35

Then it will be easy to cheat sequence.

(BioSnark) #36

Yes, that’s the point. Tilt the pinball table.

(Smooth) #37

Closing the thread since it keeps spinning in circles.

There will be some changes in the next release for this, including showing the drop chance rates in-game :slight_smile: