Brink error on switchable graphics

(jfunk) #21

[QUOTE=noob300;312121]http://img1.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/10552/105520648bdd8e1fed0337c2722a75cddfd533dc.png
http://img9.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/10552/1055205537832fd7a429b1510dbd67439ef26652.png

pictures again… I tried the GameOverlayUI.exe but it has already been set to the AMD one, so it didnt work.
Also I do not have an interface that looks like XxburgerkxX.

Btw Wieke, where did you read it supported openGL3.1[/QUOTE]

That is really weird that your Intel HD properties show the ATI Driver information. Something is either really funky about the way Sony has implemented this or something is wrong with your driver install.

I would seek additional help in a forum like the one I linked above where you can talk to people that have your particular laptop. I’m sure there is some way to shut off auto-switching using the software they provide, but I couldn’t guess where to tell you to look without being able to see it myself.

(noob300) #22

@fjunk I read the whole thread, it mentions that games detect the intel card but the AMD card is still used… is this a brink or sony problem? (going to report the to sony, already reported bemestha)

(Wieke) #23

I never claimed such things.

(jfunk) #24

It looks to me like a Sony problem with the way they’ve implemented their drivers. Brink cannot control what device and driver version your computer reports it is running.

SD could possibly remove the check entirely (not sure if this is technically possible or not, it may be inherent to the engine initialization and not optional), but then they’d just have people that do not have compatible hardware or drivers installed getting some crash to desktop or hang without any indication of why.

The fact that the hardware properties of your Intel HD GPU list your ATI driver version is weird. Sounds to me like they did some really funk implementation in attempt to completely hide the whole switching task from the user (probably in the name of making things “simple”). Unfortunately, they appear to have also hidden the existence of the ATI GPU and it’s proper software information from other software applications too, thus this error.

Unfortunately, the fact that you have an Intel/ATI mixed implementation means you cannot use the ATI drivers (even those modified to work on laptops that normally won’t use them), as far as I know. Those drivers will only work on laptops where both of the switchable GPU’s are ATI. I’m not 100% certain there is no exception to this, as I haven’t looked into it that deeply, but that is my understanding of the situation.

Basically, you’re at Sony’s mercy to correct this on the driver side (unless it’s possible for SD to implement some kind of workaround where it ignores the GPU your computer is reporting, but I don’t know if this is even possible and wouldn’t count on them being willing to do that even if it is). If Intel ever updates their drivers to be OpenGL 3.1 compatible that may work too, as it would at least pass the OpenGL check and continue.

(noob300) #25

Ok thanks for the help everyone!~

(cameron9711) #26

hi

i was having the exact same problem on my hp pavillion dv6 laptop i tried everything but to no avail
luckily when i was in the bios i saw that there was a tab called something i don’t remember anymore but in that tab of the bios there was an option called switchable graphics and it said something like dynamic or fixed the computers default should be dynamic but when i switched it to fixed brink works !!!

btw make sure your change brink to the amd graphics card before you do this

hope this helped you