Automatic guid code

(Indloon) #21

[QUOTE=schnoog;387835]
(only SL which, so I agreed to proddi, will go OpenSource when I retire and will not be assigned to somebody else).[/QUOTE]

Don’t do it,whenever you will retire.You know that I have part of the source code and I can say that the ‘world’ is not ready for this code.
We could see lot ripping code projects then-.-
I this is not nice…

This is what should be in secret for YEARS after you will retire.

[QUOTE=CoD4Fun;387827]
However, the world looks different in 5 years, ppl get older, get a girlfriend/wife/family and more, and just drop support. So there is no guarantee that there will be etkey generators in 5 years. Ok, maybe others will arise, but where does this end, in constantly fixing the sources of the mods ? That will be annoyance![/QUOTE]

Partly true.Same goes to our loved game Enemy Territory.
But I guess,there will be time when there is a Wolf:ET 2 and no W:ET anymore…

Oh I forgot.
Nice job 7Killer.
This is good for people of modding community.
And I thank you too for giving me idea of sharing stats of session end by using Curl.

(CoD4Fun) #22

Nah, this would be like counter strike and counter strike: source :stuck_out_tongue: CS still got playerbase :slight_smile:

(KMETAVZER) #23

[QUOTE=7Killer;387819]totally agree with that…
I pm jaybird some day ago on his forum, no answer…
for nq, i didn’t know how to contact them
[/QUOTE]

You can try to contact IRATA that is owner of NoQuarter space on his forum (you must be logged in).
Here is the topic :
forums.****storm.org/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=12447&hilit=punkbuster

replace **** with s_h_i_t
Certain words in this forum are censored.

(7Killer) #24

iarta contacted and answered, rest etpub, , jaymod, silent has said me some weeks ago they will use their system

(BigBear) #25

Hi!

I think again it is time to “all Masterfloors” and to all MOD Creators to work together…
And to Create a Global Install System (including Autoupdate) & too including a Menu Manager that list Customs Menus by Clan… That list too 2.55 & 2.6x Servers too ! :slight_smile: And for sure the way to Manage New CustomGUID/etkey and that include an Anticheat System like TZAC !

Yeah good way idea of a WET:2 like ??? Perhaps not a WET:2 but perhaps something New… that could permit to keep the game alive by getting all that is needed to keep WET Game Open and Alive :slight_smile:

Thank you to all and to all initiatives ! :slight_smile:

(Indloon) #26

[QUOTE=BigBear;387997]Hi!

I think again it is time to “all Masterfloors” and to all MOD Creators to work together…
And to Create a Global Install System (including Autoupdate) & too including a Menu Manager that list Customs Menus by Clan… That list too 2.55 & 2.6x Servers too ! :slight_smile: And for sure the way to Manage New CustomGUID/etkey and that include an Anticheat System like TZAC !

Yeah good way idea of a WET:2 like ??? Perhaps not a WET:2 but perhaps something New… that could permit to keep the game alive by getting all that is needed to keep WET Game Open and Alive :slight_smile:

Thank you to all and to all initiatives ! :)[/QUOTE]

You mean new UI system?

I actually contacted with IW to get UI libaries…nop still no anserw.
So this means…->Phothoshopping :confused:

(cheesy) #27

I am just curious, I understand the concept of why the “missing etkey” is a problem ingame and also “duplicate etkey”…
but what exactly causes the “duplicate” value in the etkey? What exactly creates the “duplicate” values that several players end up getting?

Thanks in advance.

(KMETAVZER) #28

I saw that flms added your automatic guid code into etpubs source,
so you finally have resolved the tangle.
Great job !
:slight_smile:

(morsik) #29

Uhh, well… you know, i’ve managed to write correct GUID code in ETXreaL which generates identical guid like PB did.
We could always add some database on server (i can store that on my server) to prevent guid duplication.

(Micha) #30

cg_uid.c cg_uid.h, these files contain the guid computation and detection part.

I downloaded your files and cg_uid.h is missing. Also it seems like missing on etpub source.
Would be nice if you could upload this file too so I can include it into my mod.
MFG