Announcing RAD Soldiers, WarChest's First Game Developed By Splash Damage

(Slade05) #21

That flying thing just humped the dream.

Seriously, SD, what the ****.

(rookie1) #22

RAD Soldiers Teaser Trailer - iPad iPhone iPod Touch

//youtu.be/G0VYvAO0is0

(SebaSOFT) #23

Cool stuff although I don’t have any Apple stuff

(Nail) #24

don’t have or desire any iStuff

(SockDog) #25

[QUOTE=Slade05;398147]That flying thing just humped the dream.

Seriously, SD, what the ****.[/QUOTE]

It was good to see some SD humour and personality again.

(LaVaGoD) #26

Can’t Wait!

This looks like a lot of fun

(wolfnemesis75) #27

Neat. Glad to see what’s been going on around these parts! Looks fun.

(Donnovan) #28

Some days ago i started to think in an IPad 2…

(rookie1) #29

tbh i dont play these stuffs …Pc games only

(WindyTale) #30

Really looking forward!
Hope this game won’t rely on IAP too much.

(BioSnark) #31

At the moment we’re concentrating all our efforts to produce a compelling iOS experience. But yes, we thought about bringing this game to PC. How, exactly, we will see in the future. Stay tuned,

(mortis) #32

I simply cannot afford any iToys since I don’t have enough iBucks to blow on them, but it’s an interesting platform and a good idea…

(GlobalWar) #33

My iPad is ready and waiting :slight_smile:

(Nail) #34

nice review

(Donnovan) #35

iPAd One can run it?

(SockDog) #36

[QUOTE=Nail;398353]nice review

Thanks for the link, is indeed a good read and opens up a bit more info on RAD Soldiers. I’m looking forward to it and again have to say how flipping nice it is to hear SD talk about fun and a good gaming experience rather than specific features. As someone that enjoys the easy come and go of Draw Something the idea of dropping in and out of several games is very appealing.

I just hope an Android port isn’t too far behind (I thought Unity made this a lot easier?) as that’s my mobile platform of choice and I have a lovely 10" tablet here waiting to soak up those graphics and be abused by my fat fingers.

(tangoliber) #37

[QUOTE=Nail;398353]nice review

“Rad Soldiers is aimed as the mid-core, casual gamer, according to the team – “a casual game for hardcore gamers” – and will be available sometime in June.”

Mid-core defines the target audience for Brink really well, and I think that making it turn-based removes a lot of the areas that players are likely to complain about (Random bullet spread…advanced movement.) Smart move, in my opinion.

I also think that asynchronous play will be great. I will definitely play this if it gets a PC version.

(ultimo) #38

Thts one heck of a trailer!
What about its appearance into the Mac App Store?
With the quality of graphics, I suppose the iDevice 4th gen & above will be the compatibility thing, hunh?

(digibob) #39

[QUOTE=SockDog;398367]
I just hope an Android port isn’t too far behind (I thought Unity made this a lot easier?) as that’s my mobile platform of choice and I have a lovely 10" tablet here waiting to soak up those graphics and be abused by my fat fingers.[/QUOTE]

Whilst Unity certainly makes it a lot easier to port to Android, that platform does have some unique challenges of its own!

(SockDog) #40

I can imagine the hardware and OS differences brings in a big swath of compatibility issues. For that I agree, an iDoobry launch should allow you to focus on a bigger market with less support issues. I just hope Android isn’t far behind even if you stagger that launch by adding compatibility (of course I need Galaxy Nexus support from day 1 :slight_smile: ) as you go along.

Also hope you do include ads on the free version of the game to drive yourselves some revenue outside of content. Something simple like at the game select screen where people will be in and out frequently and online, yet not in your way (I’m looking at you Angry Birds Space!). Then a premium version for 99c could remove the ads and give a little content at the same time. Anyone know what an ad impression roughly earns? How many games would someone need to play to earn the equivalent of a 99c sale?