ammo/medpack hotkeys

(Nail) #21

YAY !!!

thank you

(BioSnark) #22

Awesome, smooth.

(Cankor) #23

Some time back I had my bindings set up and working nicely for witching between say Skyhammer and Sawbones so med/health packs were on the same keys. back then if you had sawbonez paddles on a quick ability you couldn’t charge them, now if you use quickability you can, so I wanted both paddles and healthpack as quick ability and I changed my bindings around to add more options.

But now, it seems no matter what I put under the [ShooterGame.SGPlayerInputPawn] section my controls lock up. That section seem to be much shorter as well.

Do binding commands still go in this section? Any ideas why my controlsa re locking up? I have tried very simple bindings such as:
Bindings=(Name=“NumPadFour”, setbind LeftBracket WeaponSlotFour")
as well as the chained commands I was using previously such as:
Bindings=(Name=“NumPadFour”, Command=“setbind “MiddleMouseButton” QuickItem2Cmd | setbind LeftBracket WeaponSlotFour”)

(alphabeta) #24

Any update on this? I usually do not play Skyhammer but had a series of missions with him. I cannot count the number of airstrikes I threw at my teammates thinking they were ammo packs. Duh.

(Mustang) #25

Yes, but your bindings are wrong, if you’re not sure how to write them correctly you may find it easier to just delete your ShooterInput.ini file and let the game re-create it for you, and/or just rebind them from the in-game menu.

(FireWorks) #26

Is this something for the next update?

Like an mercA.cfg, mercB.cfg, …?

(Smooth) #27

[QUOTE=FireWorks;540818]Is this something for the next update?

Like an mercA.cfg, mercB.cfg, …?[/QUOTE]

Not in the next update no, and it would be something you do in the Menu’s, likely selecting which Ability is Ability 1 and which is Ability 2 in the Merc screen.

(Mustang) #28

Yea that’s the way to do it, preferably with drag-and-drop.

Similarly it would be cool to be able to re-arrange which mercs you have bound to F1, F2 and F3 with drag-and-drop, in lobbies, etc.

(Smooth) #29

[QUOTE=Mustang;540826]Yea that’s the way to do it, preferably with drag-and-drop.

Similarly it would be cool to be able to re-arrange which mercs you have bound to F1, F2 and F3 with drag-and-drop, in lobbies, etc.[/QUOTE]

Mmmmmm indeed :penguin:

(Cankor) #30

Thanks for the suggestion, I went back and deleted shooterinput.ini and let the game re-build it. I don’t think the syntax on my bindings is incorrect, these are very similar to what I was using before and they worked fine, all I did was change WeaponSlotFour to QuickItem2Cmd for instance.

Anyway, after re-building the file I tried again, using as simple of a binding as I could think of:
Bindings=(Name=“G”,Command=“Jump”)

Soon as I go into the level, controls are locked up. I go back to the config file, delete the line, controls are working again. The syntax above is correct right?

I guess I am going to try a re-install and see if that works.

On the topic of being able to configure your bindings per Merc, being able to set abilities to your preferred slot is all well and good, but it doesn’t cover the case where you want to use a button as a quick ability for one merc (say throwing a medpack), but for a different merc, even though it’s the same ability slot you don’t want the quick ability activated (sticky bomb for instance). All that said, you can do it by setting keys to re-bind the abilities in the config, so I’m not complaining just saying being able to swap the slots doesn’t cover all cases.

(FireWorks) #31

You plan to go only for abilities? Why not full .cfgs?

I enjoyed it a lot how TF2 did it. Loaded each class.cfg when you spawned as the class.
So you could do different crosshairs for each class, different binds and scripts, different sound settings etc etc. All of which got extensively used due to the wide variety of playstyles etc.

For some mercs Id rather have weapon toggles, for some no quickbind, etc. Maybe even a “run key” which brings out either knife or pistol depending on faster so it would be even Loadout dependant.
Fletcher, Sparks, Rhino, Vassili, all call for different configs, not only binds.

(Cankor) #32

Sorry to be a pest on this issue but I could really use some help on getting bindings working again.

Maybe I an not remembering correctly but it seems to me the current [ShooterGame.SGPlayerInputPawn] section of my ShooterInput.ini file looks different than it did before the engine re-built it. I remember previously that section had tons of Bindings commands in it, the only commands that are there now are the advanced option settings (such as SprintToggle=false and
CrouchToggle=false) and DefaultBindings commands. There are no Bindings commands at all in this section, are they there in your guysconfigs?

As soon as I paste any Bindings command in this section my controls completely lock up (at which point I have to switch to console to exit the game). I have tried this with very simple bindings such as: Bindings=(Name=“G”,Command=“JumpCmd”), no matter what I put there the controls lock.

I tried deleting the file and let the game re-built it. I tried a re-install.

(Cankor) #33

Figured it out, posting solution for anyone who runs into the same issue:

There is a section:
[SDEngine.SDPlayerInput]
bUseProfileBindings=true

Changed it to false and when I went into game it was using the default bindings, I then changed them in-game (not from the main menu, which still had my custom ones) and they got written into the [ShooterGame.SGPlayerInputPawn] section (this was all the stuff I remembered from that section before that was missing).

After that, I was able to add my bindings at the end and everything is working now.

(Mustang) #34

Pretty sure I said you should try setting then in-game before. :tongue: