Paladins

(BazBling) #1

Hello my Fellow DirtyBombers,

Let me start with:

Ah Paladins some may call it a poor mans Overwatch; Some may call Overwatch out since Paladins was in development way earlier’

Fact is… call it whatever you like, i like to call Paladins my ‘Respite from DirtyBomb’ you know like a place where the either Bored, Pissed Off or just Mercs looking for a little change of scenery and some fantastic LOL’s along the way whilst they await their respective cooldowns.

Afterall everyone gets bored at some point or another and needs a bit of a break right?

So why not come and play some Paladins with me whilst your Missions are waiting to refresh or if you a a bit Bored with DirtyBomb or if you are just looking for some EXTRA FUN!

Well i will tell you why you should
[i][b]

1. Paladins is FREE and not Pay To Win.
  2. Paladins is also a First Person Shooter.
  3. Paladins also has FOUR different Role types.
  4. Paladins currently has 18 Champions.
  5. Paladins also has emphasis on Team Play for Objectives.
  6. The Diversity and Abilities are Wicked and Fun.[/b][/i]

And those are just a few reasons why i think you will probably like it my fellow Mercs.
There are some bugs at this time as expected it is in Beta but for those who havent’t played or watched some gameplay the Graphics are pretty Awesome.

Also there are a few FREE GIVEAWAYS CURRENT for Skin/Weapon/Mount ( ask me about these if you sign up and are interested)

As i mentioned earlier in the Post we BOTH get extra FREEBIES if you use my Referral Link :

http://www.paladins.com/play-for-free?ref=BazBling

AND as a little incentive by myself i will be offering a FOUNDERS PACK

HOWEVER TO WIN THIS PACK YOU MUST BE THE FIRST REFERRAL THAT GETS US THE PIP MAD SCIENTIST SKIN… EASY :sunglasses:

i.e. Play Together Bonus
If you play grouped with referred friends:

1 Hour Played:
500 Gold

5 Hours Played:
1000 Gold

10 Hours Played:
3000 Gold + Exclusive Skin
( Pip Mad Scientist Champion Skin )

15 Hours Played:
200 Crystals

20 Hours Played:
200 Crystals

P.S. DON’T GET ME WRONG… DIRTYBOMB IS MY NUMBER ONE GAME (but we can all play more than just one).

(TitaniumRapture) #2

I do play paladins too. It is not best game ever but it runs well on my toaster (much better than dirty bomb). i kinda like their f2p model.

But Dirty Bomb is still much more enjoyable than Paladins for me.

(Herr_Hanz) #3

implying dirty bomb is pay to win
http://i.imgur.com/JZD9XVw.gif

(TitaniumRapture) #4

I bet he did not mean it like that.

(Frogteam) #5

[quote=“BananaSlug;211632”]1.Easy/very low skill cap
2.tries very hard to be funny (which looks pathetic af)
3.@$!# graphics and audio
4.the gameplay trivial
[/quote]

I actually have to disagree with some of these points. As far as easy goes, the first couple levels you only get matched against bots which is probably what you’re referring to, beyond that positioning is probably more important in paladins than in DB. Some classes do not rely on having good aim, but most do require you to know how, where, and when to use your abilities effectively. Nobody’s saying that DOTA 2 has a very low skill cap, and Paladins is more similar to a moba than an fps in my eyes. And you can’t even get headshots in DOTA.

Honestly can’t comment on this, I haven’t noticed it trying hard to be funny. And if it has it hasn’t bugged me. Pass.

Graphics and Audio are good enough in my book. I still play n64 games in my free time though, so maybe it’s a generation thing. Ogre Battle lyfe

I enjoy the gameplay, it’s objective focused and requires your team to work together. An organized team will wipe the floor with an unorganized one every time, focusing enemy healers and positioning your flanker will win matches.

Further on skillcaps, most average pub players in DB don’t keep track of spawn timers for when to push and when to allow yourself to die, that doesn’t mean that skillcap is lower, it means that a lot of people just like that skill floor. Your tank can just charge onto the point in Paladins and cross his fingers, and voila, he’s sitting on the skill floor. Or, he can wait for your team to locate and nullify the enemy flanker, so that when he makes a move on the point with your healer, the enemy has to face him head on where he’s strongest, now that their flanker can’t just take out the healer from behind

All games have “no strategy” when they’re new and certainly if you haven’t played long, because everyone’s still figuring out what works. As people get better at the game strategy emerges, because once people start planning, the people that don’t start losing.

I don’t like Paladins as much as Dirty Bomb, or Smite, or a lot of other games. But I do enjoy it enough to play it occasionally with friends. And that’s all it takes for a game to be “good”.
Just kidding you suck at Paladins qq scrub get lost

EDIT: After relooking at your post I also think you might have been thinking of a high skill floor as opposed to low skill cap. You could certainly argue that paladins is designed so that there are heroes, pros, mercs, gods, whatever you call them, which are hard to do poorly with (have a high skill floor), but the game definitely has a decently high skill cap, not smite or dota high, but still respectable.

This is a real Signature.

(GatoCommodore) #6

@Frogteam

Paladins

not aim oriented FPS
dependant on team
more of a placement than aim

yeah nah good luck playing that game, i certainly dont like Dota for a reason

(TheStrangerous) #7

I played paladins for nearly 100 hours, but the more I played it, the less I enjoyed it.

Like what @sweetColumn pointed out, too much team composition and relying on useless teammates.

Gah… and all this constant blaming one another, like little children from kindergarden… EVERY… SINGLE… TIME… ON… THE… LOSING… TEAM…

Thankfully, now I know that if I bought Overwatch, I’d waste 40 bucks for a multiplayer only game.

(TitaniumRapture) #8

[quote=“BananaSlug;211632”]wes, i played this cancerfest for 2hours

1.Easy/very low skill cap
2.tries very hard to be funny (which looks pathetic af)
3.@$!# graphics and audio
4.the gameplay trivial

and overall unpolished

but for some reason (ads) its very popular, its perfect example that people want easy games

like look on DB on release, it had like 5x less players that this @$!#, even that it was way more polished
but you can get rock paper scissors 2 (overwatch) instead[/quote]

Yeah they should really mention that you play against bots till level 5

(Boory Marks) #9

I’ve played Paladins. It’s fun, but I like playing Dirty Bomb and Tf2 better. I like playing it every once in a while. So far, I’m mostly best with Pip, and planning to get Bomb King

(TitaniumRapture) #10

Bombking is like fletcher. :smiley:

(Boory Marks) #11

@titaniumRapture Exactly

(BananaSlug) #12

@Frogteam @titaniumRapture too bad i was over level 5

(BazBling) #13

[quote=“Herr_Hanz;211567”]> implying dirty bomb is pay to win

[/quote]

I think you misunderstood me, i was indeed implying that Paladins (like DirtyBomb) is also a FREE GAME and IS NOT PAY TO WIN.

@Herr_Hanz Jokes on you bro…

(Eox) #14

As someone who hate Overwatch (the direct concurrent), I didn’t expected a lot from Paladins. But when I tried the game I was actually nicely surprised. The game is far from requiring an equivalent skill than Dirty Bomb of course. It’s actually a very easy game to handle, more or less like OW is. But unlike OW I managed to have a lot of fun playing Paladins.

The game is easy to grasp and isn’t cluttered by the same major flaws OW has. One hit kills are much more uncommon, the game tries to be as fair as possible for all players, and somehow manage to avoid a lot of frustrating scenarios. While it’s too soon for me to say anything about Paladins’ balance, I have to praise Hi-Rez for managing to make a game that never frustrated me a single time. There’s some counter mechanics of course, but those didn’t felt unfair to me : even against my hard counters I wasn’t totally disarmed and could still expect a win if I was skillful enough, which is great. :stuck_out_tongue:

The character design is decent but not tremendous, though I overall liked most of the voice acting and replies (while I hated most of the replies from OW). Special mentions to Barik that managed to crack me up a couple of times. It’s not as good as DB’s voices when it comes about humor, but DB places the bar really high honestly. Our voice acting is just insanely good.

Paladins’ gameplay is definitely different from OW’s gameplay and require a bit more skills from the user. It’s still one of those casual friendly games, but it’s not the insane clusterfuck that OW is, so I can enjoy it. To be honest I don’t get the whole hate against that game.

(Dawnlazy) #15

I like Paladins as a fun casual side game, it doesn’t have most of the things that made me hate Overwatch. Not crawling from spawn to the objective every time you respawn is nice, as is the fact that the game is a lot less ult-driven, and that all characters have decent combat capabilities. Also the business model is awesome, I already had everything unlocked in about a week. It takes longer to unlock the competitive mode than it takes to unlock all of the champions.

(Mr-Penguin) #16

Been playing Paladins during my break from DB (no worries, I’ll be back when the next update comes around), and after 82 hours I can definitely say that it’s a great game and I highly recommend it to anybody that wants a casual game to play.

The champ balance is great, higher TTK compared to OW, far less one-shots, and is generally less frustrating than a whole lotta other games I’ve played. Along with the fact that there’s a “loadout” system where you use cards to add effects or bonuses to a champ’s abilities, you can go a long way from what the baseline character is supposed to be.

(Icecoal) #17

I tried it and got bored very fast. Not my cup of tea

(CyberVonCyberus) #18

the thing wich i hate the most about paladins is the terrible character design
on one hand you have cassie a woman with a bow, mal’dabman a tribal sorcerer and fernando a knight with a flamethrower powered by some sort of crystal
okay so your trying to go for a medival fantasy kind of theme with crystals that have special energy
but then you have viktor a russian soldier with a modern assault rifle (and he is bloody overpowered with no recoil and the fact he has modern weapons),kinnessa a sniper wearing modern clothing and a futuristic railgun,ruckus a goblin in a BLOODY MECH SUIT WITH MINIGUNS and also buck who is a monk with super strong arms (you would think they would give him a weapon that uses this strenght like a spear or hell beating up peoples with his own fists) but no he is given a modern shotgun
yeah a lot of them need to be redesigned to not go against each others theme

also this game to me feels like a skeleton of what it could be and is very unpolished
example:no crouching,broken hitboxes,fokin viktor with his recoiless gun

note:i don’t think paladins is bad nor do i hate it but my point is it’s really clunky now for me to play it full time and enjoy it

(TitaniumRapture) #19

[quote=“memorableCarrot;215134”]the thing wich i hate the most about paladins is the terrible character design
on one hand you have cassie a woman with a bow, mal’dabman a tribal sorcerer and fernando a knight with a flamethrower powered by some sort of crystal
okay so your trying to go for a medival fantasy kind of theme with crystals that have special energy
but then you have viktor a russian soldier with a modern assault rifle (and he is bloody overpowered with no recoil and the fact he has modern weapons),kinnessa a sniper wearing modern clothing and a futuristic railgun,ruckus a goblin in a BLOODY MECH SUIT WITH MINIGUNS and also buck who is a monk with super strong arms (you would think they would give him a weapon that uses this strenght like a spear or hell beating up peoples with his own fists) but no he is given a modern shotgun
yeah a lot of them need to be redesigned to not go against each others theme

also this game to me feels like a skeleton of what it could be and is very unpolished
example:no crouching,broken hitboxes,fokin viktor with his recoiless gun

note:i don’t think paladins is bad nor do i hate it but my point is it’s really clunky now for me to play it full time and enjoy it[/quote]

Dont you think thats the spirit to make unrelated heroes?

(CyberVonCyberus) #20

no i don’t think that putting a medival archer with a mech that duals wield miniguns is a good idea